The Great American Bash 2004:
John Cena vs RVD vs Booker T vs René Duprée - ***
- A decent opener with some nice back-and-forth between four solid midcard talents at this point and Cena retains the US title.
Luther Reigns vs Charlie Haas - **
- Filler. I mean the reason this match happened was because Charlie spoke to Cena backstage after his match.
This match is just one-notch above a squash match for up and comer, Reigns.
Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero - ***1/2
- A high speed cruiserweight match and the type that makes this division so entertaining. Great back and forth and they are given plenty of time to work with and both deliver as usual!
Kenzo Suzuki vs Billy Gunn - *1/2
- Filler once again.
Sable vs Torrie Wilson - *1/2
- They get far too much time for such a meaningless match and what's up with Sable flip-flopping between face and heel status?
Mordecai vs Hardcore Holly - **
- Mordecai's character is pretty interesting and his theme is pretty cool but this is the third
filler on the PPV card and fourth if you count Sable/Torrie. The entire 'story' for this is some random backstage fight they had the Smackdown before. Just a squash match of sorts for Mordecai to establish himself, that's all.
Eddie Guerrero vs JBL - ***3/4
- Weird stipulation with the Texas Bullrope thing but it ended up being very entertaining. I had no idea how this match worked coming into it but I can say I enjoyed this match although the stipulation should just remain a rarity. Screwjob finish of sorts when Eddie looks like he has won it until "Mr. Angle" bursts his bubble and announces JBL as the new WWE Champion because his shoulder his the turnbuckle first.
The Undertaker vs Dudley Boyz - **1/2
- The match itself is pretty uninteresting. There's more focus on Heyman/Bearer/Taker and what will take place by the cement truck than in the ring. Also it was stupid having Taker go through all of that to save Bearer if he was going to bury him within the cement anyways.
** out of ***** (Two good matches and a decent opener then the rest of the card just sucks. Roster seems so thin that they had to get in three unannounced matches! That speaks for itself, this is much like a modern PPV card with only a couple of storylines and the rest just being completely random and time killers. Shit PPV although the cruiserweight and bullrope matches are recommended.)