Am I the only one that thinks wrestlemania 19 match with Jericho is highly overrated? The match itself was pretty average, people are bumping the rating just because of the starpower involved imo.
As someone whose favorite wrestler is Shawn Michaels, you would think that HBK facing his successor would be one of my favorite matches, but it isn't. I happen to agree that this match is incredibly over-rated, for reasons I'm not quite sure of. I didn't see the big deal back in 2003, and nor on every rewatch (and I've tried many times).
I think it's a good match, but it's not the staggering classic people make it out to be. It feels like it just kind of gets stuck in 2nd gear. The buildup was great and there's nothing overtly wrong with the match, but it just never had me jumping. To me, it's a ***3/4 match, no more.
Favorite Matches of All Time
1. Triple-Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - WrestleMania XX
2. Career Threatening Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair - WrestleMania XXIV
3. WWE Championship: John Cena vs. CM Punk - Money in the Bank 2011
4. No Holds Barred Match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H - WrestleMania XXVII
5. WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior - WrestleMania VI
Vince with blood pouring down him as he raises up from the floor to the apron is an incredible image. Piper showing up made me mark. Other than that, the match can go fuck itself.
Rock/Austin is incredible, and I'd give it MOTN as well (gone slightly lower on HBK/Jericho on last watch but still think its great). Also think its their best match together. Wonderful story told throughout, and OMG Rock actually had a GREAT PROMO before hand as well. I mean, fuck, if ROCK impresses me with a promo then something must be good!
New Update - July 5th 2015 - Big Cal Talks About: The N64 & Armageddon 2007 PPV Ramblings!!!