Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 623 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6221 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Old School
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: With my auntie and uncle in Bel Air
Posts: 4,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Can anyone suggest some good docs? Wrestling and I haven't exactly been close in recent months and I want to get back to what I used to love and usually documentaries are a good start. I've seen Austin's new one, Wrestling With Shadows, Bret's DVD, Rise And Fall of WCW, Shawn vs. Bret, Heartbreak and Triumph, and Jericho's DVD. Probably a few others but that's all that comes to mined.

Olympus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6222 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Fired by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 5,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Can anyone suggest some good docs? Wrestling and I haven't exactly been close in recent months and I want to get back to what I used to love and usually documentaries are a good start. I've seen Austin's new one, Wrestling With Shadows, Bret's DVD, Rise And Fall of WCW, Shawn vs. Bret, Heartbreak and Triumph, and Jericho's DVD. Probably a few others but that's all that comes to mined.
The True Story of Wrestlemania
The Epic Journey of Dwayne the Rock Johnson
Rise and Fall of ECW
You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge
Beyond the Mat

some great ones I've watched recently
Ether is offline  
post #6223 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
I used to be jealous of Arron Afflalo
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Watching some old Rumbles since my suitemates want to watch them and I forgot how enjoyable the '05 one is.

Watching '09's right now. Pretty enjoyable stuff.



Sig: ABrown & CHAMP

Panthers - Red Sox - Nuggets

WWE Layeth The Smacketh Down
Brye is offline  
post #6224 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 PM
The Conqueror
 
Jack Evans 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Can anyone suggest some good docs? Wrestling and I haven't exactly been close in recent months and I want to get back to what I used to love and usually documentaries are a good start. I've seen Austin's new one, Wrestling With Shadows, Bret's DVD, Rise And Fall of WCW, Shawn vs. Bret, Heartbreak and Triumph, and Jericho's DVD. Probably a few others but that's all that comes to mined.
The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW is ridiculously saddening. Had me interested the entire way through. Rise & Fall of ECW is an absolute must see. Best doc the 'E has ever put out.

Jack Evans 187 is offline  
post #6225 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Paradise
 
Nostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
Watching some old Rumbles since my suitemates want to watch them and I forgot how enjoyable the '05 one is.

Watching '09's right now. Pretty enjoyable stuff.
suitemates?

But yeah, The 2005 Royal Rumble is great, probably by most favorite in terms of participants and match quality (not winner though as that goes to Benoit's win in 2004).

You had many great/funny moments, such as Benoit and Eddie beating up the rookie Daniel Puder, they literally chopped him to death lol. All the superstars ganging up to eliminate Muhammad Hassan. Edge in general, his character was awesome at the time. HBK eliminating Angle that leads to their great feud. Funny moments from Simon Dean and The Coach. Cena/Batista both going over the top at the same time ending, leading Vince to come down to the ring in hilarious fashion and falling over while demanding for the match to be restart. Batista winning which sets up the great program with Triple H and the demise of Evolution. Great stuff.
Nostalgia is offline  
post #6226 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 PM
I used to be jealous of Arron Afflalo
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
suitemates?

But yeah, The 2005 Royal Rumble is great, probably by most favorite in terms of participants and match quality (not winner though as that goes to Benoit's win in 2004).

You had many great/funny moments, such as Benoit and Eddie beating up the rookie Daniel Puder, they literally chopped him to death lol. All the superstars ganging up to eliminate Muhammad Hassan. Edge in general, his character was awesome at the time. HBK eliminating Angle that leads to their great feud. Funny moments from Simon Dean and The Coach. Cena/Batista both going over the top at the same time ending, leading Vince to come down to the ring in hilarious fashion and falling over while demanding for the match to be restart. Batista winning which sets up the great program with Triple H and the demise of Evolution. Great stuff.
Yeah, I live in a suite (more or less an apartment but on campus) at school with five friends.

And agreed with you there. That fucking Snitsky clothesline to London was insane too.

Anyone know if Mysterio was supposed to get eliminated when he did in the '09 one? It looks like he accidentally falls out with Knox and the announcers didn't seem to see it coming at all. Camera wasn't on it either and it looks like Knox's momentum sort of sends Rey out.



Sig: ABrown & CHAMP

Panthers - Red Sox - Nuggets

WWE Layeth The Smacketh Down
Brye is offline  
post #6227 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Paradise
 
Nostalgia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,735
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Oh I get you. I've just never heard someone say suitemates before lol.

Damn how could I forget Snitsky's clothesline to Paul London. That was one of the best eliminations ever. Apparently London got in trouble for doing that though.

I've seen highlights of the 2009 Rumble but I haven't watched the whole thing properly through to really tell. I really didn't like WWE in 2009. And wasn't that match dominated by Legacy? Boring...
Nostalgia is offline  
post #6228 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Winning World titles, Custom Made Clothes
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Evans 187 View Post
The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW is ridiculously saddening.
The Independently made "Heros of World Class" which compliments that doc nicely is even sadder. They cover some things not covered by the WWE doc, and they do a lot of more in-depth interviews. Great documentary worth tracking down.

Sets I'd recommend that haven't been mentioned:
Ric Flair: The Definitive Collection (The previous Flair set had much better matches, but no doc, both are worth getting)
Eddie Guerrero: Cheating Death, Stealing Life (doc is short, but they didn't shy away from his problems and match selection is fantastic)
Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon
The Four Horseman

I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard good things about the Jake Roberts DVD.

The Punk DVD looks promising. It looks like they were able to get some footage of his indy stuff, which means they'll be able to cover his entire career pretty well.
Derek is offline  
post #6229 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Phil_Mc_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I'd really recommend the Macho Madness set, some really great matches on it, the only downside to it is Maria and Matt Striker introducing the matches

Agree with all the others mentioned especially the new Rock set, Flair set and the Rise and Fall of ECW

Phil_Mc_90 is offline  
post #6230 of 20566 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 06:02 AM
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Are there any other WWE Brock Lesnar matches where he performs the 'shooting star press' apart from Mania?
Brock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome