Watching the Batista(always liked him for some reason) DVD now and was thinking, if you ever want to see a true star making feud, look no further than the HHH-Batista feud in 2005. You can't put over another wrestler better than HHH did in 05 for Batista. HHH was dominating the title scene for 2 and a half years at that point, and here comes this MONSTER face who is getting huge pops from the crowd, and he goes over HHH on 3 main events in a row CLEAN ?
HHH also gave Batista one of the best HIAC matches of all time, and one of my favorite matches ever. I have it at **** 3/4, an absolute WAR from start to finish. So now I'm going to throw out a few random questions:
- Has there ever been a better "Put-over" job than what HHH did for Batista?
- Top 10 best/favorite Batista matches anyone ?
1) I can't recall a better put over job. Despite the fact HHH was probably the most dominant heel in the last 10 years by far, and that he buried a few potentially big talents in his way, it all built up to when somebody did out-do HHH on every occasion, and that man that did was Batista, which meant a massive put-over for him. None have been as big as that. The closest one I can think of is Taker for Lesnar in 02, but even that's not quite at the level of what HHH did for Batista. HHH basically built Batista from the ground up, while Taker was working with a guy who was already partly constructed. This all being said, the matches between HHH/Batista weren't anything out of the ordinary for Batista at that time, besides the cell match, which is my number 4 top Cell match of all time.
2) Best Batista matches imo:
1) vs. Undertaker WM23 (****1/2)
2) vs. HHH Vengeance 05 (****1/2)
3) vs. Undertaker Cyber Sunday 07 (****1/4)
4) vs. Undertaker SS07 (****1/4)
5) vs. Undertaker Backlash 07 (****)
6) vs. Cena Summerslam 08 (****)
7) vs. Edge NoC 08 (****)
8) vs. Cena WM26 (***3/4)
9) vs. HBK ER08 (***3/4) (I think it was ER... it was the stretcher match I'm talking about)
10) vs. Eddie Guerrero NM05 (***1/2)
All off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting a match or two.