Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 205 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2041 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Proud #NewBlack
 
karla's christmas_SWAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22,844
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

LOL reports actually "reported" that Cena pulled the ropes? Lesnar was simply off the chain in that match.


KARLA LOPEZ, THE HOTTEST MODEL/ACTRESS ALIVE. Sheamus, Swagger, Wade, Dixie, Cesaro, Sami, DB, RKO, Drew, Del Rio, Cody, Punk, AJ LEE / (STAY STRONG, JTG, AND DREW ) CHAMPviaDQ = Great GFX. Karla in Pink
karla's christmas_SWAG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2042 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Simply Flawless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 6,482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger_ROCKS View Post
LOL reports actually "reported" that Cena pulled the ropes? Lesnar was simply off the chain in that match.
Yes dirtsheets said that Lesnar was angry Cena pulled the top rope down on purpose but looking at that gif you can clearly see Lesnar overshot and tumbled out the ring, so again dirtsheets talking out their asses by making stuff up to get hits.
Simply Flawless is online now  
post #2043 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE OH USA
Posts: 1,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I watched the 2nd half of "Smackdown" last night Afterwards, I got to thinking about it... Not finalized, but I am slowly working my way away from being a WWE fan at all.

Why?! Few reasons.

1] They actually have Cena who is (IMO) still the active "face" of the company, in a match at their next PPV against a man I have no interest in seeing wrestle.

2] At the same PPV, the main belt of their "flagship" show will be defended by a great wrestler (both in ROH or WWE) against a man who lost the other WWE show's main belt in less than a minute against a man who has no business ever holding it at what the company sometimes calls the "biggest show of them all". (He also, that I recall, had previously never won a HW belt by pinning someone in a main 1-on-1 match.)

3] They go from a great female Champion, to someone who will leave the company in under a month, to a Champ who has no business being in singles matches at all, let alone for the belt.

These are just the reasons that come to mind at the moment.
TJChurch is offline  
post #2044 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DEUTSCHLAND
Posts: 6,531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJChurch View Post
I watched the 2nd half of "Smackdown" last night Afterwards, I got to thinking about it... Not finalized, but I am slowly working my way away from being a WWE fan at all.

Why?! Few reasons.

1] They actually have Cena who is (IMO) still the active "face" of the company, in a match at their next PPV against a man I have no interest in seeing wrestle.

2] At the same PPV, the main belt of their "flagship" show will be defended by a great wrestler (both in ROH or WWE) against a man who lost the other WWE show's main belt in less than a minute against a man who has no business ever holding it at what the company sometimes calls the "biggest show of them all". (He also, that I recall, had previously never won a HW belt by pinning someone in a main 1-on-1 match.)

3] They go from a great female Champion, to someone who will leave the company in under a month, to a Champ who has no business being in singles matches at all, let alone for the belt.

These are just the reasons that come to mind at the moment.
So you think Punk is a great wrestler but you don't like Bryan?
Tell me more about your awesome opinion.
Patrick Bateman is offline  
post #2045 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE OH USA
Posts: 1,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolverSnake View Post
So you think Punk is a great wrestler but you don't like Bryan?
Tell me more about your awesome opinion.
Bryan's fine, but they have made Daniel look like a loser, & Beat The Clock is no way to choose a contender.
TJChurch is offline  
post #2046 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Old School
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: With my auntie and uncle in Bel Air
Posts: 4,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJChurch View Post
Bryan's fine, but they have made Daniel look like a loser, & Beat The Clock is no way to choose a contender.
Why not?

Olympus is offline  
post #2047 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Altered State
 
booned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

From a storytelling aspect I understand his point. Why have someone who has just lost the WHC, compete for the WWE Championship?

As for whos better, its subjective.

Some Ratings -

Summerslam 1992:

Bushwhackers w/Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Nasty Boys w/The Mountie - **
Legion of Doom vs Ted Dibiase & IRS - ***
Nailz v Virgil - *
HBK v Rick Martel - ***
Natural Disasters v Beverly Brothers - *
Tito Santana v Papa Shango - 1/2*
Crush v Repo Man - *
Warrior v Savage - ****
Taker v Kamala - *
Bret v Bulldog - *****




booned is offline  
post #2048 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE OH USA
Posts: 1,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGO™ View Post
Why not?
For starters,...If Wrestler X has an easy opponent, & Wrestler Y is facing a future HOFer, guess which one will win their match faster?
TJChurch is offline  
post #2049 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE OH USA
Posts: 1,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by booned View Post
From a storytelling aspect I understand his point. Why have someone who has just lost the WHC, compete for the WWE Championship?
I appreciate that you agree with me. However, my problem has nothing to do with the fact he recently lost the other (which I didn't like), & more to do with to-whom & how-quickly. Someone who lose that quickly to that guy in a Title match at their big one should basically drop to the proverbial bottom rung.
TJChurch is offline  
post #2050 of 20566 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Altered State
 
booned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJChurch View Post
I appreciate that you agree with me. However, my problem has nothing to do with the fact he recently lost the other (which I didn't like), & more to do with to-whom & how-quickly. Someone who lose that quickly to that guy in a Title match at their big one should basically drop to the proverbial bottom rung.
I dont think that really matters if they use it to develop a feud (which they did).

Although I agree with you. WWE made a mistake with timing and booking as usual.




booned is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome