Watch Lesnar-Cena. It's one of the greatest matches in WWE history and I'm seriously leaning towards it being either man's best match (it's definitely BROCK's best with MITB 2011 being Cena's only competition). While nobody may come close to Taker in terms of having the most MOTY's in WWF/WWE history, Cena may get 5 or 6 by the time his career is over. He already has 3 in my book.
What's the third one? I already know Lesnar and MITB 2011.
So I just got done with the whole thing including Cena's promo. My thoughts are being broken down differently this time around.
- BROCK's performance was simply perfect. The way he toys around with Cena and all the other things he does is just amazing. From licking Cena's blood on his hands to wrapping his legs with the steel chain and teasing to use the steel chain only to toss it away - it just don't get any better than this!
- Cena barely gets in any offense and simply shows how to perform like an underdog. People complain about how he's THE odds at all times but the performance by both men was so good here that crowd actually starts to support Cena. He crawls around and sells the wounds to perfection, truly looking helpless. And his screaming when getting hit also cracks me up every time.
- Going back to BROCK's monstrous performance, him losing makes more sense now that I look at it. He had Cena down with the F5 for several seconds which renders this victory unclean and he started getting cocky and overconfident which cost him the match. Plus I love the extra touch when he completely no-sold his hurt knee and made it look it gave him even more energy. Don't know who else noticed it but he almost did the cut-throat taunt when he brought in the steel steps then for some reason stopped it midway. Wish he had done it, though! Would only add more to his character.
- After the overconfident BROCK, Cena takes the opportunity to use the steel chain to kill BROCK's momentum which gives him the opening needed to hit the FU on the steel steps and get a fluke victory. That said, the post-match promo was unnecessary. Because of two reasons. One, he should've been carried out on a stretcher to sell the beatdown. Two, because he didn't even take any damn time off to start with!
- My only issue that remains is the stupid "DOCTORS MUST CHECK ON HIM!" crap. When Eddie bled ten times the amount, no doctors came out mid-match but they do that just because of a little wound on Cena's head? My other issue is still Cena winning. It killed BROCK's momentum despite doing what he said he was gonna do and Cena just went back to being the same ol' shit.
- Lastly, I have to mention ROLLING GERMANS! And Lesnar did it from the left-hand side which only brings one thing to my mind. BENOIT!
Instead of the old 4 and a half, I'm giving it ★★★★¾ this time around. The people who strip this down to the basic "Cena gets destroyed then comes back with two moves" are really missing what makes a good match.