ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2013
Watched this one at the parent's house again. It's hilariously awesome watching PPVs with them. They are the definition of hardcore fan turned casual. It's great to get their perspective on the current product. Plus, they pay for the event and provide dinner.
Alberto Del Rio vs Big Show
- You know it's bad when my dad comes home with dinner while this match is going on and says "they're fighting again?"
My parents both enjoy Del Rio, and truth be told the match wasn't all that bad. Not as good as the SD LMS, but about on par with the Rumble match. **1/2
Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz
- Dad really likes Cesaro. Both parents can't believe they paid money to see The Miz. My parents are awesome. Decent match with a shockingly good performance from Miz and a typical LEGIT performance from Cesaro. Guy is a machine. Shit ending. **
- This is where things started to become a bit polarizing. I rooted for Danielson. Mom thinks he's funny. Dad has no idea how he'll be able to hang with the others given his size until I explain that Bryan is the GOAT wrestler. My dad insists that isn't the same Kane. He must've said "I still don't think that's the same Kane but you'd know best" a good 20 times. Mom loves Jericho. Dad was rooting for Swagger after Zeb's immigration promo
. It was a really fun match and their interest in who they thought would win made it even better. My dad replayed the ending sequence between Jericho and Orton twice. That was a damn good finishing stretch. Entertaining match. ****
Shield vs WWE ALLSTARS
- Mom left the room once Cena's music hit
. Dad loves The Shield. Awesome match. Isolation of Cena was brilliant. The Shield have those oldschool Freebird tactics mixed with the attitude of Evolution. Throw in a bit of poetic chaos and you have the most intriguing entity in ages. I had a sick feeling the entire match that the ALLSTARS would win, especially when Cena hit the AA on Ambrose during the finishing sequnce. Luckily, Reings speared the SHIT out of Ryback (Dad was still marking over the spear on Sheamus through the barricade until I reminded him that we've seen it like 4 times in the last 2 months) and Rollins got the pin on Ryback. LEGIT. ****
Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston
- Dad was the most entertaining part of this match with gems like "I really hope they don't try to push this guy (Kofi) into someone big," "I'd kill to have hair like that (Dolph)," and "I wish Triple H would come back."
Mom loves Dolph too. Solid match given the time. Tons of bumping. Monkey flip was GOAT. **
- Everyone took a shower/piss/snack break.
Rock vs CM Punk
- Again, this is where the casual point of view was interesting. Both parents weren't sure how Punk could be seen to be in the same league as Rock. Solid match, much better than their first encounter imo. False finish with Punk kicking out of The People's Elbow actually had me fooled. Definitely thought that was the end. Glad it wasn't. Predictable finish regardless. Both parents were legit clapping when Rock pinned Punk. ***1/2