Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
Just wanna pop in and say this is probably the most excited I've been for a WWE PPV since Extreme Rules last year. The card they've already put together for Elimination Chamber looks ridiculously good, and it's not even complete yet. Here's my thoughts/predictions:
1. I really have no idea what's gonna happen in Punk/Rock II. My hopes would be Punk winning (either clean or shenanigans, idc) but I just REALLY do not wanna see Cena/Rock II. For christ sake, 'once in a lifetime' is not a moniker you just throw around and produce a DVD out of if you're gonna do it again next year. I do think someone will get screwed, leading up to a Triple Threat match at Mania, main eventing that puppy. That way you could disguise some of Rock's ring rust and weaknesses by throwing in the No DQ element. Just have em go balls out, WM XX style.
2. Smackdown Elimination Chamber is insanely unredictable on so many levels. Mark Henry is fucking awesome, getting pushed hard in his return, and probably becomes the favorite. If he won, I'd have no problem with it. Chris Jericho has been on fire, and normally comes back for a reason, so I can certainly see him winning it. Daniel Bryan is a fucking machine and it'd be pretty sweet to see him finally get an actual Mania match, especially for the World Title. I'm a fan of Orton but the guy has no damn direction and no business being in any major title picture right now, so he can fuck off. Kane & Swagger are the obvious odd men out. They'll make the match somewhat interesting, but will probably be the first two eliminated.
3. Del Rio vs. Show has been a pretty entertaining feud, not gonna lie, but it needs to end with a bang. Personally think it needs a stipulation (maybe Falls Count Anywhere?), but either way I think neither one of these guys will leave with the Title. I expect a Del Rio win after taking a huge beating, & FINALLY a Ziggler cash in. If Del rio wins, I want Del Rio/Henry. If show wins, I want Show/Bryan. Just for the love of god, no Orton.
4. Team Cena vs. The Shield should be a blast. I've read they're supposed to turn it into another Chamber match, no? If they do (War Games Style) then FUCK YES. If not, it'll still be fun. I expect Team Cena to win in clean fashion though.
5. Don't care about the Divas Title match. But to round out the card I believe we'll get Cesaro/Miz, where Cesaro better go over again.
Punk/Rock/Cena for the WWE Title
Ziggler/Jericho for the World Title
Brock/HHH II or Brock/Taker (if Taker comes back, I don't see Hunter on the card)
Dream Matches that probably won't happen at Mania:
Lesnar vs. Sheamus
Cesaro vs. Bryan for the US Title
Ziggler vs. Bryan for the World Title