YES ! A FUCKING TRIPLE H LIST ! That was the first huge project I ever did, except I watched EVERY GAME PPV match inclduing his Starrcade match where he jobbed to Alex Wright (which was actually a pretty damn good match) , so I'm going to rate this list as follows ;
1. vs Shawn Michaels @ RR 04 ; Yeah I know, I've trashed this match enough in my tenure here but it needs to be said that I believe this is one of the worst gimmick matches GAME has ever had in his career, and perhaps the shining example of how retarded HBK and GAME can be sometimes in the ring (SEE ; Armageddon 2002). There's literally NO middle portion to this match as they transition from an overly long feeling out sequence to an underwhelming climax. Just BLEH.
2. vs Edge vs Big Show vs Kozlov vs Hardy vs Undertaker @ NWO 09 ; I REALLY don't know about this one. I thought it was a pretty good chamber and I'd probably put it around the likes of three and a quarter but DAMN does it not hold up in standards to the likes of NYR 05 and SS 02. Again ; I'm choosing the matches that we're off by a pretty long amount by and these are one of those matches.
3. vs Shawn Michaels @ BB 04 ; I actually really like this match, but four and a half stars is pretty ridiculous all things considered. The OMGZEPICNESS attempts returned and the overkill astounded me, but I thought it had a nice slow build and a good payoff at the end... It was good but not CLASSIC good, not even close IMO.
We were off by 1/4* - 3/4* on a nice few of these matches but that's pretty minor in my book, seems like we agree on alof of these matches TBH.
1. vs Kevin Nash @ TLC 11 & BB 03 : I'm dead serious about this ; these matches are fucking awesome. Not awesome as in four stars awesome, but I'd go about a full star higher on both of them due to their pretty awesome storytelling. People like to say that these matches are slow, plodding, and boring but they're just looking past how awesome these two can work at times (Fuck you JD 03 match, you suck balls) ; slow, deliberate pacing mixed with great psychology. Both are pretty damn awesome and I might even have the BB 03 cell over the BB 04 cell.
2. vs Batista @ Backlash 2005 ; I love this match. Seriously, the whole "you're afraid of the pedigree" story just fucking rocks as Batista tries to avoid that shit like it's the plague. Would be a classic if it wasn't for Batista's insistence of destroying a whole match's worth of back worth with his damned power moves. LEGIT I'd have this far, far higher.
3. vs Booker T @ WM XIX ; I didn't rewatch this yet so god knows how right you could be, but this was a near classic encounter on last watch , and I'm willing to bet if Booker won it wouldn't have soured in a few people's minds like it has over the years. Reminds me of the WM 2000 main event in the sense that people remember who won on the biggest stage and choose to remember the match that way when it should be remembered as a fantastic contest.
Three Things You're Spot On About
1. The Ric Flair LMS > Ric Flair Cage. I have them both at four and a quarter but the Last Man Standing just does it for me. Trips and Flair in 2005 had this way about them where they could almost wrestle a throwback NWA style match from the 80s and I believe that the LMS match is the closest we've gotten to that style in a very long time. Don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVE the cage match but that Last man standing is something else.
2. That Two Man Power Trip vs Brothers of Destruction tag from Backlash 2001 is fucking awesome and everybody should watch it ; being 100 percent legit on that right now.
3. THANK GOD somebody mentions how horrendous Hogan-GAME is. I'd personally have it even lower but to see somebody have that match so low on a list makes me smile a little bit.
Something We DO NOT agree on
Triple H vs Shawn Michaels @ Armageddon 02 is one of my all time favorite matches. Seriously, it is and I think everybody should watch it RIGHT NOW... However, the match is fucking HORRENDOUS and that's what makes it so awesome. Pointless to no psychology, bad storytelling, Flair running in for a quick bladejob, mindless weapon shots and OMGZEPICNESS attempts... It amazes me how bad the match is yet how fun it is and how I've watched it like 10 times by now. It's such a batshit crazy match that reminds me of an ECW shit-fest that I don't know whether to applaud it's stupidity or cry because of it. It would NOT be that damn high on my list though
Overall though, mad props for making a GAME list first.
THE GAME :jpl .