Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 1710 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #17091 (permalink)
Taking orders from THE MACHINE
 
#ROOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever the machine sends me
Posts: 19,940
#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

No Henry/Finlay? I'm sad now

*googles it*

Happened in 08

The one year of ECW I can't find to download . Match is on PooTube at least.
#ROOT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #17092 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,265
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Well, I would have mentioned it happened in '08 if you were curious to know if they worked vs each other at all. They had a feud in latter 2008. You didn't know this? I think like 2-3 singles matches on ECW, a tag with Hornswoggle & Atlas & the Belfast Brawl at Armageddon 2008.
__________________
Greatest of All Time ✝✝✝ Best in the World
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #17093 (permalink)
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
 
WOOLCOCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Posts: 5,711
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleySabin View Post
Koko & Eaton? Radical.

The Final Conflict match. Ah. I'm almost certain something prevented me from finishing that match. (something I'll consider a sin on my own behalf) It's really one big blur to me either way.

Btw, it's Pillman and BARRY WINDHAM vs Steamboat & Douglas from Starrcade '92. It's one of my all time favorite tags. I know what's up with it.
Haha oh eck you're correct. Think I was mistaking for another Austin tag from the same year. Oops.

Aye Sweet Brown Sugar is the aforementioned Koko Ware. Match is built around Eaton being a chickenshit trying to avoid Mantell as well as Mantell and Cobra being past rivals and having teased moments of dissension. Koko bumps like a mad man throughout and the post match brawl with Mantell sensing blood is magical. Koko literally jumps over the ropes to the floor to escape his onslaught.

The Final Conflict Cage tag is a slow burner. Well worth the journey but something I can understand people being hesistant on watching in its entirety. Definitely a match you need to be in the right frame of mind to digest.
WOOLCOCK is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #17094 (permalink)
ATF
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
ATF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,337
ATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
No Henry/Finlay? I'm sad now

*googles it*

Happened in 08

The one year of ECW I can't find to download . Match is on PooTube at least.
They had a Street Fight at Armageddon 08, which was pretty good. I gave it ***1/4.
__________________


Special thanks to King Gimp for the sig.

MARKING FOR:
Daniel Bryan | Bad News Barrett | The Wyatt Family | Dean Ambrose | Damien Sandow | Sami Zayn | Austin Aries | Kota Ibushi | Kenny Omega | William Regal | Renee Young | YOSHIHIKO - The greatest dummy wrestler of all the times | Anything DDT tbh, especially the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship matches
ATF is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #17095 (permalink)
Taking orders from THE MACHINE
 
#ROOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever the machine sends me
Posts: 19,940
#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee#ROOT is a HOF inductee
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I don't remember much of 08 at all, certainly not TV. I started to really hate wrestling by the end of 08 as I've mentioned before, then the 09 RR came along and I was making out for like 3 months straight .
#ROOT is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #17096 (permalink)
SNOWBLIND
 
GOD of CUNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: On the Rocks with a Bitch and a Bottle
Posts: 6,379
GOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inducteeGOD of CUNT is a HOF inductee
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Pillman takes one of the most ridiculous bumps from the apron to the guardrail I've ever seen in that Starrcade match. Throat first, no hands, totally unprotected. Looked like it broke his trachea.

Koko/Eaton v Mantell/Kobra is fucking great and another one of my favourite tag matches ever. I pimped it here about 5 years ago now and the only person that wasn't a shithead and actually checked it out right away was Mystery. And no, he wasn't disappointed, because he wasn't/isn't a shithead.

EDIT: Koko/Eaton are the lost great tag team of forever.
GOD of CUNT is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #17097 (permalink)
ATF
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
ATF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,337
ATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missedATF probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
I don't remember much of 08 at all, certainly not TV. I started to really hate wrestling by the end of 08 as I've mentioned before, then the 09 RR came along and I was making out for like 3 months straight .
Did you watch Armageddon 08? That was actually better than RR 09 IMO

What are your thoughts on the 09 PPV's, Cal?
__________________


Special thanks to King Gimp for the sig.

MARKING FOR:
Daniel Bryan | Bad News Barrett | The Wyatt Family | Dean Ambrose | Damien Sandow | Sami Zayn | Austin Aries | Kota Ibushi | Kenny Omega | William Regal | Renee Young | YOSHIHIKO - The greatest dummy wrestler of all the times | Anything DDT tbh, especially the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship matches
ATF is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #17098 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,265
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLCOCK View Post
Haha oh eck you're correct. Think I was mistaking for another Austin tag from the same year. Oops.

Aye Sweet Brown Sugar is the aforementioned Koko Ware. Match is built around Eaton being a chickenshit trying to avoid Mantell as well as Mantell and Cobra being past rivals and having teased moments of dissension. Koko bumps like a mad man throughout and the post match brawl with Mantell sensing blood is magical. Koko literally jumps over the ropes to the floor to escape his onslaught.

The Final Conflict Cage tag is a slow burner. Well worth the journey but something I can understand people being hesistant on watching in its entirety. Definitely a match you need to be in the right frame of mind to digest.
Hollywood Blonds mindset got you there, I'd imagine. btw, what's your thoughts on Blonds vs Arnderson & Roma from Beach Blast '93?

Sounds like some more Mid-South goodness. Koko seemed to pull no punches as a bumping heel. Think I made the facetious remark that Dolph Ziggler must have been a big fan of his during those days.

I think it was something wrong with the computer more than it was a lack of interest. Most of the time anything with Steamboat or Slaughter means it is something I'm down for. I'll get on it eventually of course. Especially if it's a classic match that must be seen by any and all wrestling fans. I'll pride myself on saying "I saw it" and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
I don't remember much of 08 at all, certainly not TV. I started to really hate wrestling by the end of 08 as I've mentioned before, then the 09 RR came along and I was making out for like 3 months straight .
Opposite of me. I was nearly done with mainstream wrestling in the early part of 2008. So bland, even with Undertaker as World Champ not being enough to save me. Then the summer hit, Punk was World Champ and things felt fun again. That's when ECW picked up and RAW was not quite as bad. Smackdown though. Oh, they were terrible still. Probably only had a handful of matches worth seeing that year. Undertaker vs Kane, Undertaker vs Big Show in the cage, umm, a fun Helms vs Shelton match that I'm not sure if it holds up, THE Brian Kendrick had a fun solid bouts, MVP might have had his two best bouts of his career vs Batista & Jeff Hardy.
__________________
Greatest of All Time ✝✝✝ Best in the World
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #17099 (permalink)
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
 
WOOLCOCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Posts: 5,711
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD of CUNT View Post
Pillman takes one of the most ridiculous bumps from the apron to the guardrail I've ever seen in that Starrcade match. Throat first, no hands, totally unprotected. Looked like it broke his trachea.

Koko/Eaton v Mantell/Kobra is fucking great and another one of my favourite tag matches ever. I pimped it here about 5 years ago now and the only person that wasn't a shithead and actually checked it out right away was Mystery. And no, he wasn't disappointed, because he wasn't/isn't a shithead.

EDIT: Koko/Eaton are the lost great tag team of forever.
That's as good an explanation for the raspy voice as I can muster . Was a nutty bump off of memory and about as manic a bump as 1992 WCW could produce.

I have Moops1993 to thank for recommending Mantell/Cobra vs Eaton/Koko. He threatened to call me by an unflattering name if I didn't care for it. Luckily it came in the height of my Memphis obsession so there was no way I wasn't going to adore it. The sort of match Memphis never failed in executing to perfection.

Btw Andy I watched Dundee/Koko 2/3 falls Scaffold match a few weeks ago. Incredible match and definitely something I'd highlight to anyone wanting to see the fuss behind Dundee. Koko more than adds a lot of the match but Dundee's ability to work unseen spots to incorporate the Scaffold and his experience into the match was majestic.
WOOLCOCK is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #17100 (permalink)
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
 
WOOLCOCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Posts: 5,711
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleySabin View Post
Hollywood Blonds mindset got you there, I'd imagine. btw, what's your thoughts on Blonds vs Arnderson & Roma from Beach Blast '93?

Sounds like some more Mid-South goodness. Koko seemed to pull no punches as a bumping heel. Think I made the facetious remark that Dolph Ziggler must have been a big fan of his during those days.

I think it was something wrong with the computer more than it was a lack of interest. Most of the time anything with Steamboat or Slaughter means it is something I'm down for. I'll get on it eventually of course. Especially if it's a classic match that must be seen by any and all wrestling fans. I'll pride myself on saying "I saw it" and whatnot.
Memphis .

Can't recall much about that match, Blondes vs Scorpio/Bagwell Worldwide 5/8/93 is outstanding though. Top 25 match in WCW history.

Yeah its well worth a watch especially if you watch the 'Road to Greensboro' videos that outline the feud and build to the Cage match. Excellent Cage match and the hype videos are exceptional in showing you how the match came about.
WOOLCOCK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios