Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 1581 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #15801 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,150
The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfKings View Post
Lesnar-Taker makes 10x more sense than Taker-Punk though. I don't understand how nobody realized that this was the plan all along ; Have HHH-Lesnar to build Lesnar back up again, and have your ultimate pay off @ Mania against Taker with HHH in Taker's corner or the special referee or some shit.

Taker-Punk would be out of nowhere whereas Lesnar-Taker would actually have a story behind it.
I can't see Undertaker/Lesnar happening for one reason right now Brock Lesnar is not "in" WWE and in order for the match to begin you would need Undertaker to call Brock Lesnar out by name which would kind be out of the blue since WWE is selling that Brock quit WWE. Triple H however is the type of guy that can do that telling the world that he thinks he has enough left in the tank to fight Brock Lesnar one more time. Brock at first does not accept and Triple H up's the offer to putting his career or COO job on the line to which Brock accepts the challenge.

As far as Punk/Undertaker goes CM Punk can talk about how disrespectful it was to lose to The Rock the way he did at Royal Rumble and how his one rematch was inside the Chamber and that he deserves better then that as he's the Best in the World cue Undertaker's music where he challenges Punk to Wrestlemania pretty much saying you want respect, you want to be viewed as the Best in the World beat me at Wrestlemania and you will get all of that.
__________________


http://www.wrestlingforum.com/7652556-post59.html

This explains everything I dislike about John Cena.
The Hardcore Show is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #15802 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
DFUSCMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,697
DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500DFUSCMAN 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I think we are getting a triple threat for the title with Rock, Cena, and Punk

I literally have no idea who Taker will face, the only reasonable option to agree with KingofKings is Lesnar because he took out HHH and wants to take out the Legend of the WWE.

But Trips/Lesnar 2 wouldn't surprise me at all, trips calls out Lesnar and the rematch happens at WM.

But that leaves Taker with nobody to face....

This is the biggest meltdown the forum has seen since Bryan/Sheamus at WM
__________________
DFUSCMAN is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #15803 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waiting in hope, but it's the hope that kills you
Posts: 3,767
Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Tonight's PPV was the definition of disappointing. Del Rio vs Big Show was motn? That says it all right there. Fair play to them to for putting on an exciting, relentless battle that was full of brutal moments, all of which led to me suspending my disbelief in regards to Show actually regaining the WHC. The finish was fucking stupid though, almost made me anticipate Cena winning the Rumble by hoisting Khali out of the ring with a forklift truck . I would probably have given this match an extra 1/2* if I were invested in either of these characters, but I don't watch Smackdown, don't care about Big Show in 2013 and don't know if I can adjust to Del Rio as a babyface, especially when he continues to use such heelish tactics. ***

Team Hell No vs Rhodes' Scholars for the Tag team titles was an okay under card match. It was good to see Bryan and Kane linking up so well, they were actually wrestling like a tag team. Sandow's heat got the crowd worked up and Rhodes did his job as a mechanic. This really would have benefited from five extra minutes. **1/2

I wasn't bothered about the outcomes of any of the matches despite being apathetic towards "twice in a lifetime" potentially (most definitely) happening. The Royal Rumble match was like a lucky dip with rusty nails and razor blades for prizes. Goldust was the highlight of the event, yet we weren't even given one shattered dream. Godfather was more over than 90% of the other participants but was only allowed to put in a performance akin to this:



The final four was as predictable as Norwich losing an early round FA Cup tie. Ziggler, Sheamus, Ryback, Cena as the final four? Colour me suprised (or BLACK)! The same goes for the eventual winner, but I could have lived with that if the match had actually managed to build some genuine tension, drama and excitement. Might as well rebrand it the Royal Jobberfest from now on, there were far too many scopers and non-believable winners involved for my liking. It just felt like they were filling up the ring full of spackers in anticipation of the starz to come out and wipe them out instead of building interesting mini feuds that helped to build a story. Rhodes/Goldust was the closest we got to that, Bo Rotunda/Barrett was also attempted but that didn't really work, for me at least. A tedious match that never seemed to end. *1/2

As for the main event? It was okay. The psychology was sound and most of the decisions made by both men made sense. Punk worked his nuts off throughout the match in order to keep it at a passable level and he has to be commended for that. Early there were some really stiff strikes and kicks implemented by both men which looked good. Other than that the match was a bit pedestrian. Unfortunatley the Rock couldn't keep up with the pace (which is to be expected from a part timer) and the match suffered due to the that, although not to the point where it became shit. It's never a good sign when a match starts off at a furious pace before almost grinding to a holt later on. I would have been happy with either man winning, but restarting the match did nothing for me at all because all of the momentum had been lost when the match ended the first time.

A clean finish within fifteen minutes (don't care about the winner) would have been preferable to what we actually got. Neither Punk or Rock ended the match looking particuarly strong in my opinion, if anything the Shield were the ones that truly went over. Rocky as champion is interesting but the change of the guard fell flat for me because the match ended up being such a mess, one without a difinitive winner. Punk cheated so he clearly looked weak. Meanwhile, Rock was pinned an age after the Shield attack, that did nothing for him. Rock cashing in on his "Hogan in the bank" contract was also hilarious. I was more than happy with the result, but the journey to it was "Rocky" to say the least. **

**1/2 PPV

As for the aforementioned "twice in a lifetime match", the only thing that could make this worthwhile (for me) is a Cena heel turn involving the Shield. What I'm expecting is a clean Cena victory and a handshake/passing of the torch deal. Yeah, because Cena needs that
__________________


*The Monster approves of this sig*

Last edited by Andre : 01-27-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Andre is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #15804 (permalink)
MCMXCII
 
A$AP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Offside (With your bitch)
Posts: 4,153
A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500A$AP 15001 - 15500
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Once again, why is anybody surprised at the results? 75% of the people on here have predicted this exact outcome since Raw 1000.
__________________


A$AP is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #15805 (permalink)
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paper Street
Posts: 7,197
Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000Ray 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfKings View Post
I'm convinced we're getting Lesnar-Taker and Rock-Punk-Cena so here's what I'm gonna do ; If Lesnar-HHH and Punk-Taker happens I will gladly admit that I am a complete fucking moron for believing that the WWE would actually do something interesting for a change.

There. Still doesn't change my mind
There's your first mistake

Listen, I'm not saying you're wrong. Hell, I'd LOVE the Triple Threat and Brock/Taker because it DOES make more sense then Rock/Cena and Punk/Taker. I'm arguing against the fact that you believe WWE couldn't do Taker/Punk because it doesn't make sense. Because that simply isn't true. Even if it doesn't makes sense, if WWE wants something bad enough, they get it.
__________________
Ray is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #15806 (permalink)
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waiting in hope, but it's the hope that kills you
Posts: 3,767
Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000Andre 29501 - 30000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
Once again, why is anybody surprised at the results? 75% of the people on here have predicted this exact outcome since Raw 1000.
If that's in any way directed at me, I'm not moaning about the results, I just didn't enjoy the journey towards them.
__________________


*The Monster approves of this sig*
Andre is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #15807 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,150
The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000The Hardcore Show 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
Once again, why is anybody surprised at the results? 75% of the people on here have predicted this exact outcome since Raw 1000.
I think people really were hoping WWE were not that crazy in thinking a Rock/Cena 2 rematch would match or surpass the number they did last year.
__________________


http://www.wrestlingforum.com/7652556-post59.html

This explains everything I dislike about John Cena.
The Hardcore Show is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #15808 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Saint Dick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,888
Saint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP View Post
Once again, why is anybody surprised at the results? 75% of the people on here have predicted this exact outcome since Raw 1000.
Seems like people see the obvious results and then get surprised when WWE doesn't swerve them because of how obvious the obvious results looked. Cena and Rock were always winning. I gave Punk the slightest of chances of retaining but that was only if Vince wanted to do Rock/Lesnar, which evidently he does not.
Saint Dick is online now  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #15809 (permalink)
Still the GOAT
 
Evan Stays TRIPPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Revis Island
Posts: 4,792
Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Well realistically that's the only two paths the WWE can take with their main event scene this year, and frankly option #2 is always a little more glorious. For some reason I just can't see Trips actually wrestling with that hair. Just imagine how ridiculous he would look... Seriously. Doesn't his look now just SCREAM "special referee" ?

I can see it happening, but it just wouldn't feel right TBH What's weird is that I'd fucking LOVE Brock-HHH II and even Punk-Taker, it's just that I believe that Brock-Taker and Rock-Punk-Cena makes WAYYYY more sense.

They honestly couldn't have Rock go over the top guy and not give anything back could they ?
__________________




"He's not the biggest. He was never the strongest. He was never the fastest. He was overlooked. He went in the sixth round. So with that being said, all of the intangibles that a quarterback is supposed to have, they overlooked it with him because it was burning from inside of him" - Ray Lewis on Tom Brady

Last edited by Evan Stays TRIPPY : 01-27-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Evan Stays TRIPPY is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #15810 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Saint Dick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,888
Saint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whoreSaint Dick is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

This might be the first time I've accurately predicted a final 4 in the Rumble. Not sure if that means the WWE booked their biggest guys correctly or if the product is too predictable.
Saint Dick is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios