You said they had some major stuff to live up to, surely that the same as can't affording not to deliver right?
Watch that video, WWE didn't want the ladder match, Hardyz and E&C pushed the idea. They even talk about Shane saying safe & spectacular. Watch the crowd throughout, they get several standing ovations, when do you ever see that? RThey even get one the next night on RAW.
Watched tons of Lesnar recently, he's an amazing monster heel. Maybe one of the best, we'll see how this run goes first.
Top 8 Lesnar
1. vs. Taker at No Mercy 2002 HIAC - ****1/2
2. vs. Angle at Wrestlemania 19 - ****1/2
3. vs. Angle at Smackdown Iron Man - ****1/4
4. vs. Benoit at Smackdown - ****1/4
5. vs. Eddie Guererro at No Way Out - ****1/4
6. vs. Angle vs. Show at Vengeance - ****1/4
7. vs. Angle at Summerslam - ****
8. & Cena vs. Taker & Angle at Smackdown - ****
That's pretty epic for a 2 year career.