Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 1439 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Debate League, Women of Wrestling Forums
 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #14381 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
sharkboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,442
Points: 1,329
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Ok, so I'm finally gonna watch Flair/Steamboat Wrestlewar '89 and when I'm done I'm also going to finally give the Taker/Orton series a watch.

I just got to mention one thing. You gotta love the irony of wrestling. During the Flair/Steamboat 2/3 falls Ross mentions that only in the NWA do you get 60 minutes of wrestling, and that's not including entrances folks!

My point is, despite trying to sell themselves as pro wrestling they were as much about sports-entertainment as the WWE. I mean, Flair's entrance alone was 60 minutes and for Christ's sake, Steamboat came out on a damn horse for Wrestlewar!


Last edited by sharkboy22; 01-16-2013 at 03:26 PM.
sharkboy22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14382 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
HerbUWF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 515
Points: 127
   
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Dick View Post
Felt like a bad Kurt Angle match.
No such thing as a bad Kurt Angle match. Honestly, one doesn't exist. You find me one Kurt Angle stinker and I'll show you ap ot of gold up my ass.
HerbUWF is offline  
post #14383 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:42 PM
You are being watched
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 5,654
Points: 1,207
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbUWF View Post
No such thing as a bad Kurt Angle match. Honestly, one doesn't exist. You find me one Kurt Angle stinker and I'll show you ap ot of gold up my ass.


Have you ever watched his match against Jeff Hardy at No Surrender 2010? Possibly the worst match I've ever seen.


Last edited by Flux; 01-16-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Flux is offline  
post #14384 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Craziness. Insanity. Stupidity
 
Big Cal's World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 21,274
Points: 3,219
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Must.... resist... being dragged into Kurt Angle is terrible conversation...



New Update - February 1st 2016 - Holy Grail Video Game Pickup!!!

Follow me!!!
Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
Big Cal's World is online now  
post #14385 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM
(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)ง (ง ̀_́)ง
 
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jolly 'ole England
Posts: 6,045
Points: 0
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbUWF View Post
No such thing as a bad Kurt Angle match. Honestly, one doesn't exist. You find me one Kurt Angle stinker and I'll show you ap ot of gold up my ass.
Cena - Unforgiven 05 & Survivor Series 05

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar is offline  
post #14386 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
DIRK
 
The Lady Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,344
Points: 30
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I'm hoping the guy is just trolling.





Credit: A$AP
The Lady Killer is offline  
post #14387 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
sharkboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,442
Points: 1,329
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbUWF View Post
No such thing as a bad Kurt Angle match.


sharkboy22 is offline  
post #14388 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Craziness. Insanity. Stupidity
 
Big Cal's World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 21,274
Points: 3,219
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Posted my thoughts on the 2001 RR event in my blog . Actually liked the ladder match MORE this time around. And I already fucking loved it lol.



New Update - February 1st 2016 - Holy Grail Video Game Pickup!!!

Follow me!!!
Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
Big Cal's World is online now  
post #14389 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Something Something..My Cats..
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Finals
Favourite(s): AJ Styles, The Rock, Bret Hart, Steve Austin
Posts: 13,064
Points: 6,365
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Going back a few a pages on the Ziggler/Cena discussion. The mast two matches have really pissed me off. I must compliment both men though for delivering actual false finishes. During that cage match, I felt as if I were watching Michaels/Taker WM 25 all over again with the false finishes. They felt real. Up untila certain point that is. After a while, they were just 2 counts.

Anyway, I'm not sure who to put blame on here. Is it management that tells Ziggler to do 50 finishers and have Cena defeat him with one or is it Dolph just trying to steal the show by doing a bunch of crazy shit? A lot of people are just blaming booking but has anyone stopped to consider, "Hey maybe Dolph's the one who's fucking himself over by doing 50 finishers a match?"

Anyone gave that some thought?
Nah it's purely management trying to make Cena look like God. Dolph doesn't have the pull to be doing that. Remember last time he went against the script ?

Cliffy is offline  
post #14390 of 20566 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Рев на лъвът
 
samizayn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: B+
Posts: 11,563
Points: 3,951
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
Posted my thoughts on the 2001 RR event in my blog . Actually liked the ladder match MORE this time around. And I already fucking loved it lol.
Benoit v Jericho RR01 - *****
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy22 View Post
Going back a few a pages on the Ziggler/Cena discussion. The mast two matches have really pissed me off. I must compliment both men though for delivering actual false finishes. During that cage match, I felt as if I were watching Michaels/Taker WM 25 all over again with the false finishes. They felt real. Up untila certain point that is. After a while, they were just 2 counts.

Anyway, I'm not sure who to put blame on here. Is it management that tells Ziggler to do 50 finishers and have Cena defeat him with one or is it Dolph just trying to steal the show by doing a bunch of crazy shit? A lot of people are just blaming booking but has anyone stopped to consider, "Hey maybe Dolph's the one who's fucking himself over by doing 50 finishers a match?"

Anyone gave that some thought?
I did give it a thought actually, and through my rage I realised maybe it wasn't the best idea for Ziggler to snap for the cover like he did all the time in that match. If he'd have stalled to slowly drag himself over Cena's unmoving body, it would have looked more like a lucky kickout on Cena's part than "wow, that did not have any effect on him whatsoever"

samizayn is online now  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome