Originally Posted by Clique
Completely agree man. But there is no twisting or sugarcoating Jake Robert's story. The man was so talented and gifted in the art of wrestling psychology in character and in the ring. I love how he said his matches start when he walks through the current. That is a true talent and professional, and I think we need more guys with that type of mind for performance. It's just a shame all the fuck up stuff he has gone through in his life, so his family's fault and some his own personal demons.
Not at all. I can't believe the life Jake has had. It doesn't surprise you to know why he has the demons he has. But, crazy thing is, he's alive. It might sound like a bleak comment, I know. But we ALL know how demons in the world of wrestling can go down. Would someone have guessed Rick Rude wouldn't be here today and Jake Roberts would? It's...very dark. Only glad the man is still around and trying to beat the demons one final time.
As for his talent. Unbelievable. He's on a different level than most. I'll firmly stand by that. The way he approached his matches was godly. He knew this biz and how to work. It makes you wonder what if he did get his main event heel push vs Hogan. He's already a legend held in high regard (despite his negatives)
. Only imagine what could have been. That seems to be tossed around far too much in this world of wrestling.
Finally watched Extreme Rules 2011 last week. Here are my quick thoughts on it.
Extreme Rules 2011
1) CM Punk vs Randy Orton ~ ***1/2
2) Sheamus vs Kofi Kingston ~ **3/4 (One of the better Kingston matches of his career)
3) Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross vs Jack Swagger & Michael Cole ~ DUD
4) Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes ~ ***1/2 (LOVED this)
5) Layla El vs Michelle McCool ~ DUD (Kharma debut post match was )
6) Christian vs Alberto Del Rio ~ ***3/4
7) Kane & Big Show vs Wade Barrett & Ezekial Jackson ~ 1/2*
8) John Cena vs Mike Mizanin vs John Morrison ~ ***1/2