Just got done with the last '97 RAW, watched all year plus the PPV's. Great, great year for the WWF, had two GOAT-contender matches (Hart/Austin and HBK/Taker) as well as some cool storylines (the beginning of Taker/Kane, Austins rise & the screwjob/DX formation). Yeah it had it's crap, just like any year (Goldust in the last two months, god that was... different).
Top 10 matches:
1) HBK/Taker HIAC (IYH: Badd Blood) - *****
2) B. Hart/Austin (WM13) - ****3/4
3) HBK/Taker (Ground Zero) - ****1/4
4) Taker/Hart - HBK as special ref (Summerslam) - ****1/4
5) HBK/B. Hart (Survivor Series) - ****
6) O. Hart/Austin (Summerslam) - ****
7) HBK/Austin - KOTR - ****
8) Mankind/HHH - Steel Cage (Summerslam) - ***1/2
9) Davey Boy Smith/O. Hart (3/3 RAW) - ***1/2
10) Davey Boy Smith & O. Hart/HBK & Austin (25/5 RAW) - ***1/4
I didn't like Punk/Ryback at all. Piss poor match if you ask me. Ryback completely no selling that leg worked ruined the entire match for me. And yes that's all it takes to ruin an entire match for me lol.
I had it at one snow flake but for the awesome ending it gets two snowflakes.
In Cena's defense, the wave at the start was awesome, no? Come on! I couldn't be the only one who liked that?
Lol I nearly curled up into a ball at nearly everything Cena did, and when it came to the wave, I walked out of the room and went for a shit, which was infinitely more entertaining.
I enjoyed the TLC, although nowhere near as good as the six man in December. Punk took some nice bumps and so did Ryback at the end to be fair. Ending was predictable but oh well at least Punk came out unscathed and Ryback can continue with The Shield now. ***