Bobby Lashley vs JBL - ★¾
- Nothing much to see here. They wrestle for a few minutes and the action is alright. Then the Boogeyman and his pyro smoke takes over the whole arena to the point barely anything can be seen and Lashley comes back after taking a Clothesline to finish JBL off with the Dominator. Also glad that stupid thing on Jillian's face is no longer there anymore. At least something to thank the Boogeyman for!
Finlay vs Matt Hardy - ★★★
- Finlay's debut! He's pretty fun to watch and I also like his selling. His "I love to fight" character is emphasized with the DQ finish where he refuses to let go off Hardy on the ropes.
The Gymini vs Brian Kendrick & Paul London - ★★
- Another win for the former but nowhere near as entertaining as the non-match squash they did of Londrick two weeks earlier. That shit had me in tears!
Mark Henry vs Rey Mysterio - ★★★¼
- Rey just works so well in these type of David/Goliath kind of match-ups and this one is no different. He plays the underdog role to perfection by finding any way to gain the upper-hand while Mizark sells for him fine and also does a great job as the monster heel that can easily get the upper-hand back whenever he works from down under. Excellent finish when Mark roles over with Rey in his hands and turns the pin into a WSM for the victory.
Randy Orton vs Orlando Jordan - ★★★¼
- Benoit is not the only guy to have a decent match with Orlando. Orton manages to do the same here. Just something about Orton's style here that I love. He knows how to do it in the ring and his matches are worked very smartly. I could do with less time spent in restholds but that's not big issue to me. I also loved the part where he argues with the ref when his pin is broken up when Orlando touches the rope with his foot but doesn't quite get there. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" I thought it was unnecessary that Booker interfered, though. Orton could have won this clean without a problem since Orlando was a joke at this point and no one could have really taken him seriously. Hell, I can't even buy into him as the face in here.
Kurt Angle vs Daivari - ★
- Not much of a match. Very little ring action and most of it is spent on concentrating on the Mark Henry/Angle feud as he walks to ringside and Melina jumps on Angle to make it a DQ. Didn't expect DAT SWERVE in the end when Daivari became Henry's manager, though.
Another solid week of Smackdown with some enjoyable ring action. I'm guaranteed to enjoy the week after because of the NHB match between Benoit and Orton, so that's something to look forward to. Then it's on to the Rumble!