Just got done with the first Smackdown of 2006 and it was an awesome show. Watched every minute of it without a skip which is not something I do very often.
JBL vs Matt Hardy (Falls Count Anywhere) - ★★
- Could have gotten more time but Matt bashing JBL's skull 8 times in a row with the trashcan was just... wow. Also lol'd @ Boogeyman putting the worms inside Jillian's panties.
Mark Henry vs Jobbers - SQUASH
- Mizark marks (no pun intended) his impressive return after Benoit injured that arm for almost two years with the Crippler Crossface.
Kid Kash vs Juventud - ★★★
- Much better than their Armageddon match since crowd didn't shit on them this time and they seemed more inspired to put on a greater effort too. Also Kennedy on commentary was great!
Chris Benoit vs Randy Orton - ★★★¼
- Was a great, great match but then Orlando fucked it all up by showing up to hit Benoit with the crunch. DAMN YOU! I wouldn't mind the DQ if the match actually went over 7 or so minutes (excluding commercial break).
Gymini vs Londrick - SQUASH
- Not really a match but the squashing around of London and Kendrick had me in tears. They get MURDERED completely and their over the top selling made it hilarious.
And why does Simon Dean still have a job with the same one-dimensional gimmick at this point?
MNM vs Batista & Rey Mysterio (Steel Cage) - ★★★½
- Their match before Armageddon was good, their match in the final SD of 05 was better but this one is the best! Really enjoyed it. MNM are spot on with their teamwork, Rey does his part as always and Batista is on fire as the powerhouse. Mizark's interference was very welcome too although it gave me the third "lol" moment of the show when he walked around for a minute thinking of a way to open the cage and show off his strength. Almost as funny as when Kurt Angle tried opening the door in that Heyman/Lesnar match but ended up having to climb over it.