Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 1282 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Debate League, Women of Wrestling Forums
 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #12811 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Craziness. Insanity. Stupidity
 
Big Cal's World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 20,745
Points: 1,616
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLCOCK View Post
Natural Selection works wonders. The numbers may be futile, but the quality can't be overlooked.

*Even if 30% of posts relate to SLUTS, debauchery, ABC (not the American TV Channel) & a shitting puppy.
Hey, that 30% is half the reason we're awesome .

So yeah, watched the HOF from earlier in the year today. Well up to Edge, parents came home and I like to watch Blurays on the HD TV, so I had to stop watching.

Bradshaw and Simmons to start things off was AWESOME. Bradshaw was legit funny and really fucking put over Ron. Ron was also funny and humble and shit. Nice to see that this year everyone got a good amount of time who needed it. Not like a couple of years ago when everyone got like 10 minutes then shoved off the fucking stage. Four Horsemen were great, though Dusty just rambles on and doesn't make sense during his introduction. Plus he looks like my great grandma. Flair was crying before they even said anything . Also, at him basically leaving one of his wives for JOHN CENA. Windham... I actually skipped his part, he was dull as shit which was a shame. Still great to see him on stage though since he suffered a heart attack a few months prior. Anderson was awesome, and I loved how they basically made HIM the star of it all ahead of even Flair. Guy fucking deserved it for sure. Oh, and who was that miserable bitch sitting next to Michael Hayes? She was wearing a suit and tie and didn't smile once and is probably a lesbian.

Also, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU MOOPS.



New Update - July 26th 2015 - Judgment Day 2007 PPV Ramblings!!!

Follow me!!!
Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
Big Cal's World is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12812 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 36,386
Points: 9,386
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
Lita fucking sucked. Like, easily worse than Kofi Kingston-level bad. Am I the only one who thinks that? I have a personal disdain for her which might get in the way, but shit, I can't think of any time she looked good. I don't think Trish was that good either but she at least was a good seller.

If I don't get that package from Cal again he'll probably throw in in a fire and keep my money because of that comment, but I had to say it.

Also, vivalabrave.
Don't throw the Kofi line in there. Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLCOCK View Post
Jawbreaker's stoned PWG BOLA reviews are incredible as well. Even if there's a serious ratio of Sami Callihan hate to every match of his...

Pretty sure the CIA should be investigating half the antics of our members instead of worrying about internet piracy and shit. If impressionable youngsters found out you could gamble in Glasgow until 3am whilst an old woman fails in yelling at you to cut your losses then we'd be responsible for the deterioration of youth culture. Not that youth culture today is that good anyways. There's more individuality in communism.
I've heard about the lore of his reviews. Never saw them yet. It's too bad. And too bad about the Sami hate. I've known about that for quite sometime now.



The things some people get away with. Considering my track record, I'll fit into the group just fine. Although I pale (literally) in comparison to Andy. Not even close.

She Looks Like The Moon////Empires Always Fall.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Obfuscation is offline  
post #12813 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
 
WOOLCOCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Posts: 5,852
Points: 337
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I'm pretty sure if you search well enough you'll come across them. The grammar is hard to decipher on account of the drinking and drug use, but who doesn't love a challenge?

Tbf I don't think many people bar Craig & Crossface can lead the life Andy lives and still function normally. Storytime with Craig interestes, excites, astounds and disturbs me. He still hasn't told us about the time he passed out on a hill and was awoken by a group of kids on a tour (or something like that).

As for the Lita discussion. Can't say I watched enough of her matches to really hold an opinion of her. Lunatic bumper who was a perfect fit for the Attitude Era, but her and Trish have never really felt 'as good' as others make them out to be. Solid and dependable compared to some of the headcases who've represented the company as a Diva, but hardly groundbreaking or 'very good' workers when you compare them to say some of the Joshi folk (though that's a really unfair comparison given how Joshi was treated in Japan compared to Divas in WWE). FWIW I wouldn't try to compare Trish to an Aja Kong, because its unfair to Trish on a number of levels, but I can't help but point to it as an example of what I consider to be a truly talented female worker. I'm not using that to discredit Trish, since she was never given the chance to ever approach the talent of someone like Kong or Jaguar Yokoto.

As for the HOF, for whatever reason I've never really watched an acceptance speech. I can't imagine how good it is to take in live, and considering some of those who have made the cut you'd think I'd want to hear them discuss their careers and rejoice in getting recognition for their work, even if its hardly the prestigious award its marketed as. Still for whatever reason, I've never felt compelled to watch anything from it. Strange.

Last edited by WOOLCOCK; 12-28-2012 at 04:05 PM.
WOOLCOCK is offline  
post #12814 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22,484
Points: 1,308
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
Lita fucking sucked. Like, easily worse than Kofi Kingston-level bad. Am I the only one who thinks that? I have a personal disdain for her which might get in the way, but shit, I can't think of any time she looked good. I don't think Trish was that good either but she at least was a good seller.

If I don't get that package from Cal again he'll probably throw in in a fire and keep my money because of that comment, but I had to say it.

Also, vivalabrave.
She's like the female version of CM Punk (or maybe Punk is the male version of her since she was around before him) so any hate is welcome in my book. And yes, she was a bad seller. I can instantly think of the Malenko Cloverleaf where she tapped out looking like she was bored rather than in pain.
Choke2Death is offline  
post #12815 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
The Icon That Can Still Go
 
ShowStopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 19,229
Points: 13,838
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Wow. Pretty sure all people meant is that they were the best among WWE Divas. I can't speak to other promotions in other countries. I'm sure those women workers are much better than Lita and Trish. But as far as WWE is concerned. That's all. Big difference


Credit to ABrown & CJ for the sigs
Thanks to CJ for the GOAT Avatar


"Some people don't understand what that belt means." - Steve Austin
ShowStopper is offline  
post #12816 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
 
WOOLCOCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Posts: 5,852
Points: 337
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

That was me just using others to make a point about why I don't think Trish/Lita to be all that 'great'. As I said I'd never factually compare Trish to some of Joshi's finest because its unfair to her given the level of treatment and training they were afforded compared to what purpose women at that time in US wrestling (and still today) served. I suppose Trish and Lita could be considered the best in terms of strictly WWE, but I've made a habit of avoiding Divas matches historically that I can't really provide a valid argument beyond that.
WOOLCOCK is offline  
post #12817 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:18 PM
The Icon That Can Still Go
 
ShowStopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 19,229
Points: 13,838
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLCOCK View Post
That was me just using others to make a point about why I don't think Trish/Lita to be all that 'great'. As I said I'd never factually compare Trish to some of Joshi's finest because its unfair to her given the level of treatment and training they were afforded compared to what purpose women at that time in US wrestling (and still today) served. I suppose Trish and Lita could be considered the best in terms of strictly WWE, but I've made a habit of avoiding Divas matches historically that I can't really provide a valid argument beyond that.
Completely cool. I just wanted to clear what I said before. I didn't and wouldn't call them the best female workers in the world (back then), just in WWE. I'm sure there are much better workers in other countries, both male and female.


Credit to ABrown & CJ for the sigs
Thanks to CJ for the GOAT Avatar


"Some people don't understand what that belt means." - Steve Austin
ShowStopper is offline  
post #12818 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Craziness. Insanity. Stupidity
 
Big Cal's World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 20,745
Points: 1,616
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Oh, something else about the HOF... didn't there used to be a formal dress code for the fans in attendance too? Was cool to see everyone get dressed up in suits and shit to honour the legends... but this year they all looked like fucking scruffs. Shame on them.



New Update - July 26th 2015 - Judgment Day 2007 PPV Ramblings!!!

Follow me!!!
Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
Big Cal's World is offline  
post #12819 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah1993
 
Yeah1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BOB BACKLUND
Posts: 11,006
Points: 3,581
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I'd put Trish near the better of the WWE divas. I mean everyone knows that not saying a whole bunch, though. How often was the divas match NOT the worst match on the card of a PPV unless you had an Eric Bischoff v Teddy Long thing going? Myabe I'm wrong, but IDK. I'll watch the Trish/Mickie stuff again I suppose but Mickie just annoys me as well. BETTER THAN LITA, THOUGH.

Yeah1993 is offline  
post #12820 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 36,386
Points: 9,386
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOLCOCK View Post
I'm pretty sure if you search well enough you'll come across them. The grammar is hard to decipher on account of the drinking and drug use, but who doesn't love a challenge?

Tbf I don't think many people bar Craig & Crossface can lead the life Andy lives and still function normally. Storytime with Craig interestes, excites, astounds and disturbs me. He still hasn't told us about the time he passed out on a hill and was awoken by a group of kids on a tour (or something like that).

As for the Lita discussion. Can't say I watched enough of her matches to really hold an opinion of her. Lunatic bumper who was a perfect fit for the Attitude Era, but her and Trish have never really felt 'as good' as others make them out to be. Solid and dependable compared to some of the headcases who've represented the company as a Diva, but hardly groundbreaking or 'very good' workers when you compare them to say some of the Joshi folk (though that's a really unfair comparison given how Joshi was treated in Japan compared to Divas in WWE). FWIW I wouldn't try to compare Trish to an Aja Kong, because its unfair to Trish on a number of levels, but I can't help but point to it as an example of what I consider to be a truly talented female worker. I'm not using that to discredit Trish, since she was never given the chance to ever approach the talent of someone like Kong or Jaguar Yokoto.

As for the HOF, for whatever reason I've never really watched an acceptance speech. I can't imagine how good it is to take in live, and considering some of those who have made the cut you'd think I'd want to hear them discuss their careers and rejoice in getting recognition for their work, even if its hardly the prestigious award its marketed as. Still for whatever reason, I've never felt compelled to watch anything from it. Strange.
I'll give it a go. Or I can hope Seabs will find it for me. I know he has it.

I'm a tad envious. I have the mindset to live my life in such a mindfuck of a fashion. I'll head to Scotland to learn.

I should try to compare Trish to Aja Kong. I'll write up a 10 paragraph analysis on the subject. I'll have to make sure I have a bottle of rum with me. To get the creative juices flowing. The hate I could bring with the possibilities there.

She Looks Like The Moon////Empires Always Fall.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Obfuscation is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome