Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 1206 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Lucha Underground, Women of Wrestling Forums

 6Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #12051 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM
DIRK
 
The Lady Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,344
Points: 30
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

What's the match when Foley gets knocked off the apron and flies headfirst into the announce table?

:tlk




Credit: A$AP
The Lady Killer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12052 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,930
Points: 240
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reindeer Killer View Post
How were Lesnar's matches in Japan? Haven't seen any of them.
Shite. The only good match was with Giant Bernard:

Chismo is offline  
post #12053 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Craziness. Insanity. Stupidity
 
Big Cal's World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 22,003
Points: 5,629
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reindeer Killer View Post
What's the match when Foley gets knocked off the apron and flies headfirst into the announce table?
Revenge of the Taker .
Big Cal's World is offline  
 
post #12054 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM
NO!
Regularly Beating Up James Ellsworth
 
NO!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tralfamadore
Posts: 3,230
Points: 201
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best In The North Pole View Post
ONE MORE DVD TO FINISH BEFORE CHRISTMAS. ECW Unreleased Vol 1. Oh dear.
That was one of my favorites. Sabu & Rob Van Dam vs. Hayabusa & Jinsei Shinzaki, Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn, Van Dam and Sabu vs. The Eliminators? the set has some of my favorite matches ever.
NO! is offline  
post #12055 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Still the GOAT
 
King Trips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Revis Island
Posts: 4,787
Points: 0
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Anybody else here think Mil Mascaras is a piece of shit besides me ?

Seriously, what a fucking ego-maniac. For people who criticize the likes of Trips, Hogan, and sometimes even Taker, just watch a Mascaras match. He fucking no sells for everybody, and even in his Hall of Fame speech seemed like an egotistical self centered douchebag.

EDIT : YAY, I actually have another good DVD to watch ? Christmas is coming early motherfuckers !





"He's not the biggest. He was never the strongest. He was never the fastest. He was overlooked. He went in the sixth round. So with that being said, all of the intangibles that a quarterback is supposed to have, they overlooked it with him because it was burning from inside of him" - Ray Lewis on Tom Brady
King Trips is offline  
post #12056 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WHERE THE BUFFALO ROAM
Posts: 15,930
Points: 240
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Yeah, Mascaras is the worst.
Chismo is offline  
post #12057 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah1993
 
Yeah1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BOB BACKLUND
Posts: 13,592
Points: 12,469
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Mascaras looked like an excellent wrestler in the 70s. He was no-selly later on, which is irking. His actual explanation for it was something like 'they didn't hit me hard enough. I wont sell if you don't connect.' Which is actually really awesome because he's encouraging his opponents to work stiffer, but....it doesn't help when they won't and he's shrugging everything off and the match is hard to watch. What did he say in the HOF speech? I haven't seen on since......probably Flair's.

I don't get why people criticize Taker's ego. Where is evidence of HIM of all people being egotistical?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah
Is Sienfeld the one with George Costanza?
Yeah1993 is offline  
post #12058 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth
 
SaviorBeeRad™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,649
Points: 328
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

What should I watch first? Ric Flair and the Four Horseman or The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection?


Must Be Nice
SaviorBeeRad™ is offline  
post #12059 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Craziness. Insanity. Stupidity
 
Big Cal's World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my own little world
Posts: 22,003
Points: 5,629
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO! View Post
That was one of my favorites. Sabu & Rob Van Dam vs. Hayabusa & Jinsei Shinzaki, Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn, Van Dam and Sabu vs. The Eliminators? the set has some of my favorite matches ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best In The North Pole View Post
Anybody else here think Mil Mascaras is a piece of shit besides me ?

Seriously, what a fucking ego-maniac. For people who criticize the likes of Trips, Hogan, and sometimes even Taker, just watch a Mascaras match. He fucking no sells for everybody, and even in his Hall of Fame speech seemed like an egotistical self centered douchebag.

EDIT : YAY, I actually have another good DVD to watch ? Christmas is coming early motherfuckers !
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRulz View Post
Yeah, Mascaras is the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
Mascaras looked like an excellent wrestler in the 70s. He was no-selly later on, which is irking. His actual explanation for it was something like 'they didn't hit me hard enough. I wont sell if you don't connect.' Which is actually really awesome because he's encouraging his opponents to work stiffer, but....it doesn't help when they won't and he's shrugging everything off and the match is hard to watch. What did he say in the HOF speech? I haven't seen on since......probably Flair's.

I don't get why people criticize Taker's ego. Where is evidence of HIM of all people being egotistical?
I swear to whatever higher power is out there that this entire conversation here has happened already. I remember reading it. :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorBeeRad™ View Post
What should I watch first? Ric Flair and the Four Horseman or The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection?
Ultimate Flair! One of the greatest sets ever produced. Though if you are in the mood for a documentary, go with the Horsemen set .
Big Cal's World is offline  
post #12060 of 20560 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Die Neon Czarina
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Life in the vivid dream.
Posts: 40,355
Points: 22,617
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
Mascaras looked like an excellent wrestler in the 70s. He was no-selly later on, which is irking. His actual explanation for it was something like 'they didn't hit me hard enough. I wont sell if you don't connect.' Which is actually really awesome because he's encouraging his opponents to work stiffer, but....it doesn't help when they won't and he's shrugging everything off and the match is hard to watch. What did he say in the HOF speech? I haven't seen on since......probably Flair's.

I don't get why people criticize Taker's ego. Where is evidence of HIM of all people being egotistical?
The only drawback to lucha seems to be those AWFUL egos that grow on some of them. They're treated like gods by the fans so they repay them by being twats in the ring. I don't understand it.

I don't get it either. The only Undertaker ego trip I can think of is when he gave Punk crap for not "dressing" like a World Champ. Which I'm sure was legit...? Regardless, that's all I got. Only other stories I hear is how respected the man is. You respect him, he'll respect you sort of deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckChristmas View Post
RVD/Hardy Invasion is insanely fun. Shame their SS ladder match was a fucking disaster and up there as one of the worst ladder matches in company history.
I love both of them.

You suck the blood of the afflicted.
Those lacking imagination take refuge in reality.
Obfuscation is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome