Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 1108 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Debate League, Women of Wrestling Forums
 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11071 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM
DIRK
 
The Lady Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,335
Points: 3
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post


This is a lot longer than 10 minutes. It's 20.
I knew it! Wikipedia is a damn liar.





Credit: A$AP
The Lady Killer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11072 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Working on my abs
 
The Cynical Miracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: u.k
Posts: 2,997
Points: 0
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
No Mercy 2005:

Mr. Kennedy vs Hardcore Holly - **3/4
- Not a bad PPV debut for Kennedy. I find him hilarious and his dissing of Chimel wont get old. The match itself is well worked
A well worked Kennedy match.

There is no such thing.

The Cynical Miracle is offline  
post #11073 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator
 
Clique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas by way of Illinois
Posts: 19,348
Points: 1,549
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
Cena vs Brock is the best WWE match of the year. I can't understand any argument against it, personally. Unless you want to put Punk vs Danielson over it.
I said this last night in another thread and for me no match this year told a better story in the ring, had an atmosphere as intense & exhausting, and was the perfect END (to a four year story arc) like the Undertaker vs. HHH with HBK as special ref Hell In A Cell at WrestleMania 28. It was so thrilling and exhausting to witness. It wasn't just a match it was an experience for me sitting at ringside. I say Lesnar/Cena live as well from Allstate Arena and I had never seen such brutality and physicality in a pro wrestling match but the story & emotional tied to the End Of An Era puts it over the top in a close battle for Match Of The Year 2012.


Much gratitude to
CHAMPviaDQ

Clique is offline  
post #11074 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 PM
DIRK
 
The Lady Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,335
Points: 3
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Yeah, I agree w/Clique here. HHH/Taker is MOTY in a category by itself, but Cena/Lesnar leads the rest of the pack.





Credit: A$AP
The Lady Killer is offline  
post #11075 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22,458
Points: 1,227
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cynical Miracle View Post
A well worked Kennedy match.

There is no such thing.
I'm not even a fan of his, but that match was better than I expected it to be. Not very familiar with him yet but if this thread is anything to go by, he's got some good stuff from late 06-early 07 to his name.

On a side-note: the next SD episode I'll watch tomorrow has the only Eddie Guerrero/Randy Orton one-on-one match ever.
Choke2Death is offline  
post #11076 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 35,988
Points: 7,940
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reindeer Killer View Post
I knew it! Wikipedia is a damn liar.
I crush Wikipedia's facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clique View Post
I said this last night in another thread and for me no match this year told a better story in the ring, had an atmosphere as intense & exhausting, and was the perfect END (to a four year story arc) like the Undertaker vs. HHH with HBK as special ref Hell In A Cell at WrestleMania 28. It was so thrilling and exhausting to witness. It wasn't just a match it was an experience for me sitting at ringside. I say Lesnar/Cena live as well from Allstate Arena and I had never seen such brutality and physicality in a pro wrestling match but the story & emotional tied to the End Of An Era puts it over the top in a close battle for Match Of The Year 2012.
I gave both the same snowflakes. Although, I'd greatly take Cena vs Brock over it. Even with me having the satisfaction of Undertaking winning and continuing the streak.

@ mk92071 ~ at the reviews. Jeff/Umaga matches were always worth watching. Can't wait for you to see the GAB match. I'm not overhyping it either. It has one of the best babyface comebacks I think I've seen. Especially vs such a BEAST of an opponent. You seen it before?


@ Choke2Death ~ Glad to see you loved the 4 way from No Mercy. That match is underrated. It's great. I hated that Handicap Casket match. Bored me to tears. Only part of the Taker/Orton feud I disliked. Show more love to JBL/Mysterio please. Their chemistry is wonderful. JBL's promos are THE BEST too.

The Wicked Die Young////Empires Always Fall.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Obfuscation is offline  
post #11077 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM
This space is now available.
 
KENNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 20,593
Points: 5,448
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

HHH/Taker > Cena/Brock



KENNY is offline  
post #11078 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 22,458
Points: 1,227
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
@ Choke2Death ~ Glad to see you loved the 4 way from No Mercy. That match is underrated. It's great. I hated that Handicap Casket match. Bored me to tears. Only part of the Taker/Orton feud I disliked. Show more love to JBL/Mysterio please. Their chemistry is wonderful. JBL's promos are THE BEST too.
Believe it or not, I usually skip JBL's segments when he has a mic. He's like SD's own Triple H in that he never shuts the fuck up and spends 10 minutes just to say the same ol' shit. I'm still a fan, though. Just not a fan of lengthy, dragged out promos that are based on cheap heat (how many times has he cut promos about Mexican stereotypes? I've lost count) or self-dick sucking (I'M A WRESTLING GAAAAAAWD AND A GREAT AMERICAN!). The match was good but I gotta be honest, I watched it yesterday before I went to bed and I've pretty much forgotten most of it already. I'm very excited for their JD2006 match, though. Have a feeling I'll like it but will wait until it's time to watch it.

Love EVERYTHING involving Taker/Orton including that casket match. Dunno why, but Orton wrestling in 2004-2007 is eye candy to me. And I've already seen the 4 way before, but didn't remember much save for the finish. A rewatch refreshed my memories and I still enjoy it as much.
Choke2Death is offline  
post #11079 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 245
Points: 15
       
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
I crush Wikipedia's facts.
@ mk92071 ~ at the reviews. Jeff/Umaga matches were always worth watching. Can't wait for you to see the GAB match. I'm not overhyping it either. It has one of the best babyface comebacks I think I've seen. Especially vs such a BEAST of an opponent. You seen it before?
Never watched the GAB match. Only seen the ONS match in their series up till yesterday. Looking forward to it.

I wasn't a fan of the Cena/Lesnar match this year. The atmosphere was good, but the match not so much. Just didn't care for Lesnar and his character. The match failed to get me into it. I haven't watched it in a while (but I have seen it multiple times) but last I remembered it just seemed like Brock tossed Cena and the referees around until Cena hit the AA. I wasn't into any of the big spots either, and the blood didn't add anything to the match imo. The few times I watched it I never considered giving it *** or above because I didn't enjoy it.
mk92071 is online now  
post #11080 of 20566 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Déesse de L'extase
 
Obfuscation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 35,988
Points: 7,940
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Believe it or not, I usually skip JBL's segments when he has a mic. He's like SD's own Triple H in that he never shuts the fuck up and spends 10 minutes just to say the same ol' shit. I'm still a fan, though. Just not a fan of lengthy, dragged out promos that are based on cheap heat (how many times has he cut promos about Mexican stereotypes? I've lost count) or self-dick sucking (I'M A WRESTLING GAAAAAAWD AND A GREAT AMERICAN!). The match was good but I gotta be honest, I watched it yesterday before I went to bed and I've pretty much forgotten most of it already. I'm very excited for their JD2006 match, though. Have a feeling I'll like it but will wait until it's time to watch it.

Love EVERYTHING involving Taker/Orton including that casket match. Dunno why, but Orton wrestling in 2004-2007 is eye candy to me. And I've already seen the 4 way before, but didn't remember much save for the finish. A rewatch refreshed my memories and I still enjoy it as much.
Some of his promos were drawn out. The ones on Mexicans were my favorites though. Classic rich asshole bully. Brilliant. No Mercy crushes Judgment Day '06 imo. JD is good. Some people find it to be great. I'm sure you'll like it either way.

I was the same way with Orton. Except for that match. I rather was his match vs a one legged Hogan @ Summerslam '06 than that match. To it's credit, the Hogan match was A LOT better than I expected. Btw, the Orton/Eddie match went 15 minutes (including commercial) So, it should go about 11-12 total. I haven't since the night it aired (which explains the time I have) but I bet it's quality. Eddie rolling with his tweener shenanigans and Orton at his peak.

The Wicked Die Young////Empires Always Fall.
Everything's warm when your heart grows cold.
Obfuscation is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome