Originally Posted by Best In The North PoleView Post
Here's how you fix Edge's heat and actually keep him interesting...
- Edge wins the title at NYR and WWE says "FUCK, we have to keep this momentum going even though the plan is HHH-Cena"
- Batista goes down a little later and WWE says "FUCK, we were gonna do Orton-Batista, WTF do we do now?"
- Triple H comes over to Smackdown and wins the WHC again in a battle royal, turning tweenish/faceish in the effort.
- Rey Mysterio wins the Royal Rumble
- Kurt Angle challenges the streak
WWE Championship : Edge(c) vs John Cena
World Heavyweight Championship : Triple H (C) vs Rey Mysterio (PERHAPS vs Randy Orton)
Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker
- Edge is happy because he gets to main event Wrestlemania with a ridiculous amount of momentum
- Cena is happy because he gets to take the title back at Mania
- Rey still gets the title and is still happy
- Angle/Taker get their streak match
- HHH is happy because he gets another world title
- Orton is happy because he gets to homo-erotically tangle it up with Triple H.
HOW DID THEY FUCK THIS UP.
I would have liked to have seen them do the Backlash main event at WrestleMania if they wanted to keep Edge's momentum as WWE Champion going. I say this because Cena making HHH tap out in the main event was huge and I believe creative/McMahon felt that was more important than how hot Edge was at the time. In hindsight, Cena beating Trips was a great decision for the face of the company even at the expense of a longer title reign for Edge.
Edge/Cena/Trips WWE Title
Orton/Mysterio World Title (Orton would have won the SD battle royal instead of Angle)
Benoit/Finlay US Title
Foley/JBL Hardcore Match (I think this feud would have been cool (the promos!) and lead to the ECW show)
Rest of the card I'd keep the same only putting Booker in MITB
"He's not the biggest. He was never the strongest. He was never the fastest. He was overlooked. He went in the sixth round. So with that being said, all of the intangibles that a quarterback is supposed to have, they overlooked it with him because it was burning from inside of him" - Ray Lewis on Tom Brady
I hate gimmick PPVs they run the gimmick into the ground. I have yet to see a single HIAC or TLC PPV and I even stopped getting Elimination Chambers (in face I haven't seen one in YEARS) because they destroyed the gimmick.
Finlay/Benoit/Regal - Why not?
Maybe KaneShow/MNM Brand supremacy or something if there's time
That's an interesting choice. They had that little Raw main event in 02 with the screwy finish involving HHH but I certainly would have been interested in more build and a PPV match between those Mr. WrestleMania and Mr. Pay Per View.