Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 1035 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #10341 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,481
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Shield on RAW this week was GREAT. They're getting better with more exposure each week. I like that development.

Cesaro's best matches are happening on RAW now. Considering he's actually getting competitive bouts. Did you see his match vs Sheamus?

RAW in 2009 was pretty bunk. A few high points I liked. Matches to be more specific. I really do love that year though. RAW may have been meh, yet the rest of the entire promotion was great, imo.
__________________
A practical application of an abstract ideal.
Born of a dream to create a reality.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #10342 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,948
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Taker/Angle NWO 2006 gets *****. Wrestling masterpiece, crowd was good, and love the finish to it. Top 10 match for me.
__________________
I've got some bad news...

#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #10343 (permalink)
We Own The East
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,151
Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
Shield on RAW this week was GREAT. They're getting better with more exposure each week. I like that development.

Cesaro's best matches are happening on RAW now. Considering he's actually getting competitive bouts. Did you see his match vs Sheamus?

RAW in 2009 was pretty bunk. A few high points I liked. Matches to be more specific. I really do love that year though. RAW may have been meh, yet the rest of the entire promotion was great, imo.
I'm still slightly worried that we might see Ryback beat them in a 3v1 at some point and they'll just fade away. At the moment I'm really enjoying them though. Their interview a couple weeks ago was great. They're even going as far as invading Main Event too.

Damn, I didn't see Cesaro/Sheamus but I can imagine it being good. I'd love to see another Cesaro/Christian match like last Summer once Christian comes out of hiding.

And completely agreed. Smackdown OWNED. ECw was must see and Superstars was just starting and had high quality stuff on a weekly basis.
__________________



Carolina Panthers:(NFC South Champions)
Denver Nuggets
Boston Red Sox: World Series Champs!
Brye is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #10344 (permalink)
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
jonoaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 555 Centaur Dr.
Posts: 4,306
jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000jonoaries 1501 - 2000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
Taker/Angle NWO 2006 gets *****. Wrestling masterpiece, crowd was good, and love the finish to it. Top 10 match for me.
Agreed. Excellent match, should have happened at 'Mania like it was supposed to. WM 22 could have used that as a co-main event
jonoaries is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #10345 (permalink)
Mr. Money in the Bank
 
ROLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 11,001
ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
Go buy the Seinfeld's on DVD and problem solved.

But, I'm gonna say give RAW another chance. It's hitting a fun stride again. I mean it's far from perfect or anything, although actually worth entertainment upon viewing. Lately they seem to have cut down on the segments and focused on more matches. Not all being squashes over a 3 hour span.

The segments seems to start the show and have one in hour #2 and that's it. Plus The Shield is right now.
Yeah, I usually am watching around this time of year anyway, because I always order Royal Rumble. Was going to go to TLC, since it's only about 30 minutes from me, but I just can't with work the next day and the card is kind of weak. I might order it on PPV, but not sure yet. Plus, it turns out I am going to WM, because my best friend's brother works at Metlife Stadium, and he was able to score a suite. It's not free though, so we all have to throw in a good chunk of change on that. But I figure I have to go, long time wrestling fan in my late 20s, and WM is going to be literally 10 minutes from where I live and where I go pretty much every NFL Sunday (Giants fan here). Just can't miss this opporunity.
__________________
ROLLINS is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #10346 (permalink)
Mr. Money in the Bank
 
ROLLINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 11,001
ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500ROLLINS 25001 - 25500
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoaries View Post
Agreed. Excellent match, should have happened at 'Mania like it was supposed to. WM 22 could have used that as a co-main event
Crowd was good? I just watched it. It was absolutely dead outside of the announce table spot and the finish.

Edit: Ugh, I quoted the wrong comment, but you get my point. Crowd was awful for 90% of it. 5 stars is crazy. If that's 5, what is Flair/Steamboat? 10?
__________________

Last edited by ROLLINS : 12-07-2012 at 08:20 PM.
ROLLINS is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #10347 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,481
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Griswold View Post
I'm still slightly worried that we might see Ryback beat them in a 3v1 at some point and they'll just fade away. At the moment I'm really enjoying them though. Their interview a couple weeks ago was great. They're even going as far as invading Main Event too.

Damn, I didn't see Cesaro/Sheamus but I can imagine it being good. I'd love to see another Cesaro/Christian match like last Summer once Christian comes out of hiding.

And completely agreed. Smackdown OWNED. ECw was must see and Superstars was just starting and had high quality stuff on a weekly basis.
I'm almost certain that won't happen. Shield seems to be receiving a nice push right now. Doubt WWE would completely kill it right at the start. They've owned Ryback the majority of the time as it is.

It's great. I loved it. Yep. 4th day in a row I said I wanted Cesaro/Christian to have another match. I'll bet that will be a trend to continue the rest of this week.

Even when people claim the didn't like 2009 the only negative they say is how RAW was. I know it is the flagship show and all that jazz, but come on. One program doesn't apply for the entire year.

Smackdown in 2009 was boss. I'd still side with ECW as my overall favorite. CHRISTIAN +, Regal, Kidd, Smith, Finlay, Henry, Swagger, Burchill, Helms, & influx of new talent getting a chance to shine in the latter half like Tatsu, Ryder, & Sheamus.
__________________
A practical application of an abstract ideal.
Born of a dream to create a reality.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #10348 (permalink)
We Own The East
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,151
Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
I'm almost certain that won't happen. Shield seems to be receiving a nice push right now. Doubt WWE would completely kill it right at the start. They've owned Ryback the majority of the time as it is.

It's great. I loved it. Yep. 4th day in a row I said I wanted Cesaro/Christian to have another match. I'll bet that will be a trend to continue the rest of this week.

Even when people claim the didn't like 2009 the only negative they say is how RAW was. I know it is the flagship show and all that jazz, but come on. One program doesn't apply for the entire year.

Smackdown in 2009 was boss. I'd still side with ECW as my overall favorite. CHRISTIAN +, Regal, Kidd, Smith, Finlay, Henry, Swagger, Burchill, Helms, & influx of new talent getting a chance to shine in the latter half like Tatsu, Ryder, & Sheamus.
I certainly hope so because I really want to see at least Ambrose & Rollins have bright futures. I haven't seen enough of Reigns yet but he seems interesting too.

The chemistry between the two was great. Have we had Cesaro/Rey? Would assume that'd be good. And I know for a fact Bryan/Cesaro would own because it's happened.

I agree. Raw makes it sound like a dreadful year but in reality the other three made up for it.

I really think WWE should've given Burchill a nice push. Was always a big fan of his work. Thought he could be a good midcard champion at least. I sort of miss Helms now too. Guy carried the CW division for like a year. I don't think he's on good terms with WWE at the moment so I don't see him ever coming back. But goddamn Christian owned. And don't forget GOLDUST~! He had a nice little ECW run. I remember being excited every supplemental draft because it always benefited ECW with good talent.
__________________



Carolina Panthers:(NFC South Champions)
Denver Nuggets
Boston Red Sox: World Series Champs!
Brye is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #10349 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,481
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Griswold View Post
I certainly hope so because I really want to see at least Ambrose & Rollins have bright futures. I haven't seen enough of Reigns yet but he seems interesting too.

The chemistry between the two was great. Have we had Cesaro/Rey? Would assume that'd be good. And I know for a fact Bryan/Cesaro would own because it's happened.

I agree. Raw makes it sound like a dreadful year but in reality the other three made up for it.

I really think WWE should've given Burchill a nice push. Was always a big fan of his work. Thought he could be a good midcard champion at least. I sort of miss Helms now too. Guy carried the CW division for like a year. I don't think he's on good terms with WWE at the moment so I don't see him ever coming back. But goddamn Christian owned. And don't forget GOLDUST~! He had a nice little ECW run. I remember being excited every supplemental draft because it always benefited ECW with good talent.
Same here. Reigns has impressed me already. Hopefully he's fairly capable in the ring.

Cesaro is legit and Christian is nuts at how well he meshes with most people. Nothing with Mysterio & Cesaro yet. I was putting that match over with some other folk yesterday. It has to happen. Danielson/Cesaro plz. Like I said last time, avoid a headlock and we'll be all good.

I miss Burchill too. I'm a fan. HELMS. Always be a mark for him. He'll never return. Almost certain of that. I'll enjoy what I got at the very least. Christian was so unreal that year. The only match of his I thought was underwhelming or not friggin awesome was vs Dreamer at Night of Champions. Which was odd since all of his other matches with Dreamer elevated Tommy to a higher level. Something about that NOC match was the opposite. One meh singles match out of an entire year though. So that's pretty amazing.

I can't believe I forgot to plug GOLDUST. AHHHH. I fail at life.
__________________
A practical application of an abstract ideal.
Born of a dream to create a reality.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #10350 (permalink)
We Own The East
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,151
Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocking Filled w/HAYLEY JOY~! View Post
Same here. Reigns has impressed me already. Hopefully he's fairly capable in the ring.

Cesaro is legit and Christian is nuts at how well he meshes with most people. Nothing with Mysterio & Cesaro yet. I was putting that match over with some other folk yesterday. It has to happen. Danielson/Cesaro plz. Like I said last time, avoid a headlock and we'll be all good.

I miss Burchill too. I'm a fan. HELMS. Always be a mark for him. He'll never return. Almost certain of that. I'll enjoy what I got at the very least. Christian was so unreal that year. The only match of his I thought was underwhelming or not friggin awesome was vs Dreamer at Night of Champions. Which was odd since all of his other matches with Dreamer elevated Tommy to a higher level. Something about that NOC match was the opposite. One meh singles match out of an entire year though. So that's pretty amazing.

I can't believe I forgot to plug GOLDUST. AHHHH. I fail at life.
I feel like a Cesaro/Mysterio feud could elevate Cesaro so much. Rey Rey still has tons of credibility.

Thought Burchill was hilarious as the pirate but then he came back even better as a heel. He was sort of delegated to jobbing in ECW but his matches were still usually fun. I don't know if I ever saw Christian/Dreamer from NOC. As a matter of fact, I think I've only seen Punk/Hardy from that show. Their other matches were good though, I agree there. I found the original ECW pretty damn fun, but I couldn't be happier with how ECW turned out when it got revived. Such a nice alternative, but not the alternative everyone was expecting.

I miss the occasional Goldust match out of nowhere. Now we get it with Regal though.
__________________



Carolina Panthers:(NFC South Champions)
Denver Nuggets
Boston Red Sox: World Series Champs!
Brye is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios