Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
BigWillie54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 1,213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
       
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin_Bias View Post
I love when wrestling provides us with characters that are fictional. Some of the best around were Sting, Undertaker, Kane, Ultimate Warrior, Mankind, etc.

A terminator style guy from the future though? Uhh... from the future may be a step too far.
dead people, who commit murder (forgot who killedUT and Kanes parents, UT or Kane)is somehow more belivable than a dude from the future?



also lol if he feuds with John Cena cause for some reason he has to "get rid" of him.And some other random dude from the future comes to help Cena,have them be chased by Ryback throughout the backstage while this music plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnsYYvXpG7w

and you have the most ridiculous feud/storyline ever

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/67545/soccersucks-500x388.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adramelech View Post
Does anyone else have brief moments of clarity while watching stuff like this?

any questions?

Like for a split second, you just forget everything you know about TNA and say "Holy shit, I'm watching Kurt Angle wrestle Sting in clown make-up on PPV in 2011 in front of 800 non-paying tourists at an amusement park." to yourself? Shit is surreal man.
BigWillie54 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 01:40 AM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Freeloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
Sheffield was better than Barrett on the mic
Not at all. I think Skip/Ryback returning is awesome, but Wade Barrett is way awesome on the mic. The guy has skills on mic, in ring, but not being used properly. I don't get it at all, they really botched his departure from the Nexus bigtime.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic205268_1.gif
Freeloader is offline  
post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 01:43 AM
DEVON WORLD ORDER
 
MISTER. WINNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Where bitches on my dick because I look like Jesus
Posts: 19,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

You know, looking back at Ryback (see what I did thar?), this gimmick could work. Lose the "robotical, static" motions randomly and lessen the futuristic references and this gimmick can get over if WWE uses it in moderation.

MISTER. WINNING is offline  
post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

He needs to play the role of "The Bully", and I think no one has done that better than Scott Steiner, and Bubba Ray Dudley. I feel as though Sheffield has the ability to play those same roles, but in his own way. He needs a very strong impact return. Possibly start Raw off with a promo announcing that his real name is David Sheffield, and that from now on only his close friends can have the right to call him "Skip", and basically say that anyone outside of his inner circle of friends will receive an ass-whooping for calling him "Skip". Later that night beat Mason Ryan with a lead pipe backstage, and sets up a feud with the two men. When the men have their final match, Heath Slater interferes, and forms a tag team with Sheffield. They call themselves " The Deep South Alliance".
truk83 is offline  
post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 01:53 AM
DEVON WORLD ORDER
 
MISTER. WINNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Where bitches on my dick because I look like Jesus
Posts: 19,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

I love it.

WWE needs to start building up characters. People can have five star matches for days but if a character is absent, who cares (in terms of a general fan)? That's what got people like Ziggler, Barrett, Swagger, and Morrison stuck in the midcard for a while when people are saying they should be main eventing.

Again, sure it's silly but it's a character and Ryback has the tools to pull it off.

I'm just waiting for someone to be a Ken Shamrock clone and be just as badass as him since MMA is popular and all. Hell, even give him the epic song:


MISTER. WINNING is offline  
post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 02:09 AM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Hotdiggity11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Harrison, Tennessee
Posts: 12,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

LOL, there's a 5% chance of success and 95% chance of failure with this type of gimmick.

Wanted:

A tall well built woman with good
reputation, who can cook frogs
legs, who appreciates a good fuc-
schia garden, classical music and tal-
king without getting too serious.
But please read only lines 1, 3 and 5.
Hotdiggity11 is offline  
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 04:52 AM
Crumbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Infraction City
Posts: 12,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

I like Skip Sheffield. He has a great look, he isn't the worst on the mic, he isn't the worst in the ring but he is a badass. He'll go out there, clean house, beat the shit out of people and it'll look believable. Can't wait for him to return to be honest and Vince is high on him.
Cookie Monster is offline  
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
DAcelticshowstoppA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

Im delighted with this .

They will most likely modify his gimmick .
Dont have him as from the future but as someone who has been trained just so they would be able to "terminate" this person by someone who has seen the future .

He can cut promos on how he must do this to whatever person to save us .
That he cannot be defeated until he does terminate this person .


Look at this beast

BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING
DAcelticshowstoppA is offline  
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:25 AM
DEVON WORLD ORDER
 
MISTER. WINNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Where bitches on my dick because I look like Jesus
Posts: 19,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

You know if they build hims very strong and correctly as this Ryback character that goes out, enters the ring, beats the shit out of his opponents, and leaves the ring after leaving. No interviews, no backstage promos, just a brutal, ass whooping monster heel, a Ryback/Sheamus match five years down the road can do huge draws.

MISTER. WINNING is offline  
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Jacare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
               
Re: Skip Sheffield returning soon as Ryback

Cool, finally another person with an actual gimmick. Almost everyone these days is just a nice guy or an ass hole.
Jacare is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome