Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread - Page 1705 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #17041 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Pop up European Uppercut. It'll probably make the fans heads explode at how high Cesaro can launch Bourne up.

@ the prospects.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17042 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:59 AM
Here to show the world
 
Bountiful Nikki Bella Claus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pawnee, IN
Posts: 4,593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Bourne/cesaro could be something extremely special

Bountiful Nikki Bella Claus is offline  
post #17043 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 02:16 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obfuscation View Post
Have you see Steiners vs Nasty Boys from Halloween Havoc '90?
Finished. LOL @ the ending. I loved the match. Every time I watch a young Steiner match, I see something that Scott's not done in any other match. He's amazing.

The crowd was really into it, by the way!

And that was some of the best I've seen of the Nasty Boys, so they were definitely elevated by their competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast Incarnate View Post
@lilOlMe, here's the Steiner Vs 4 guys link. CAL was actually the guy who uploaded it .

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw5...t#.UcKGlvksnjU
Hahaha, this was funny. And there actually had to be a good bit of planning and coordination involved, even though it was just a squash.

Thanks!

Last edited by LilOlMe; 06-20-2013 at 02:38 AM.
LilOlMe is offline  
post #17044 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 04:19 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluze View Post
The Steiner Brothers vs. Miracle Violence Connection (Beach Blast 1992) ****1/4

An amazing tag match, which never has the feeling of tedious or dragging on. The core story begins with Gordy & Williams targeting Scott's knee, as the main, to encourage an imminent face in peri episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast Incarnate View Post
I fucking ADORE that Steiner's tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuxxx View Post
This was one of the rare ppvs I ordered when I was a kid. I remember that match so well. It was fanfuckingtastic. That along with Cactus/Sting and Rude/Steamboat Iron man match
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
Beach Blast 1992 is the greatest PPV of all time. It has to be. With that said, watch the MVC/Steiners match from the 6/92 Clash, it's even better. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz8...t#.Ubum0_kziSo

Just the mention of this stuff gets me nostalgic for 2011 WCW mega-watching.
Both matches were great, but I agree with Yeah1993 that the match in his link was fantastic.

I actually had it at ***** when I was about ten minutes into the match. It was rivaling the match against the Harts, as one of the best US tag matches I've ever seen, and even topping it, because this one had better psychology.

It didn't quite maintain that five star level throughout, but it was still really amazing. Loved all of the countering, and like I said, the psychology.

The Beach match was great too. Fantastic climax, and the timing was great too. That Frankensteiner was beautifully executed. The speed, precision, timing...it's the best one I've seen yet.

Also loved the methodical nature of keeping Scott away from his corner. I'd probably be even more effusive, if I hadn't seen Yeah1993's link first.

I love how they could have two matches days apart, that have completely different vibes from each other.

Anyway, in short: The Steiner brothers rock.

And Scott might be the most underappreciated/misappreciated (yes, I may have made up a word) wrestler ever.

Last edited by LilOlMe; 06-20-2013 at 04:29 AM.
LilOlMe is offline  
post #17045 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 04:44 AM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Not quite sure he's the most under-appreciated guy in the whole of wrestling. He does occasionally only get noticed by some fans as that guy who has the insanely hilarious promos over remembering his strong work in the ring. I get your point all the same.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #17046 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 04:53 AM
ATF
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
ATF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

1993 Scott Steiner was gold. 2003 Scott Steiner had one of the worst feuds in wrestling history. 10 years timespan is a bitch.



Special thanks to King Gimp for the sig.

MARKING FOR:
Daniel Bryan | Bad News Barrett | The Wyatt Family | Dean Ambrose | Damien Sandow | Sami Zayn | Austin Aries | Kota Ibushi | Kenny Omega | William Regal | Renee Young | YOSHIHIKO - The greatest dummy wrestler of all the times | Anything DDT tbh, especially the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship matches
ATF is offline  
post #17047 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 05:41 AM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Meh. Still a better career than Triple H has had.

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #17048 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 05:57 AM
I Fear No Evil, Evil F***ing Fears Me
 
William Murderface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Corona California
Posts: 13,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Scott Steiner is the man in the ring and especially on the mic

Hi bro

Ducks - Angels - Sacramento Kings - Buccaneers
William Murderface is offline  
post #17049 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Déesse de L'extase
 
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 33,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Seth Roll.

amirite?

Nouvelle Vague.
Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
HAYLEY'S XMAS TWITTER NUDES is offline  
post #17050 of 20998 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obfuscation View Post
Meh. Still a better career than Triple H has had.
LOL, that's what I meant when I said "I could say more" on this topic. I think that what irritates me about Triple H is his smugness. Like, I saw a comment he made about how guys (Scott) are bothered because he's somewhere they want to be, and he throws in his little, smug, knowing, tone about their career prospects. I've seen him do it a few times, and he did the same about Scott recently.

It's just irritating, because he says it like those guys are shit, and like he got to where he was because he's just so damn good (and superior, presumably).

Someone said this in one of the Triple H political threads, and it is so damn on the money:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy Byro View Post
Would he have been a main eventer had he not married Steph ?, Yes but he would've been phased out years ago.

Would he have been a main eventer had he not been a member of the Kliq ?. Absolutely not. He'd now be a fat balding guy in his forties working Indy shows in the North east.
I'd find him tolerable, if it weren't for the smugness. It's like, you don't have the right to be so smug. Because really, without your connections, you'd be in the same position someone like Steiner is in, and probably would have been there years before him.

And I honestly feel like someone like Scott has a ton more to offer.

I know Scott took shots publicly first, but it's an attitude from Triple H that I always sense. And the fact that someone like him is now in a position where others have to kiss his ring...it's just kind of bullshit.

Maybe it's moreso the fans that bother me. Like they talk shit about anyone who says anything, and they always say that the wrestlers are just bitter (my favorite) and jealous. Maybe they are? Wouldn't you be, if you witnessed a lot of bullshit going on, and you KNOW that you're better and more sincere than this guy?

I like this post:
Quote:

Yep, that's right, Scott Steiner is bitter and jealous and it has nothing to do with the fact that he went from a former WCW World Champ and main event mainstay in WCW to being Triple H's jobber in WWE. Oh, and that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with backstage politics, the fact is that fans just don't like Steiner and he can't make it in the, "big time." Oh, and nevermind the fact that Steiner has 6 years in the business on Triple H, and all the numerous Wrestling Observer awards he's gotten such as best worked match, best move, tag team of the year, and five-star match, he can't work and he's completely inferior to Triple H. Everyone wonders why the business is falling apart, THIS is why the business is falling apart. Instead of actually trying to take an objective approach to the whole thing and judge wrestlers based on certain set aspects of their ring performance all we get is a bunch of fanboys who just go around spouting whatever tired line Vince and his lackeys throw out there in order to save face. You don't have to like Scott Steiner, and everything he says may not be entirely true, but you're just blind if you can't realize that he had a promising period in his career lined up in WCW that basically got thrown out the window by Triple H's backstage politics. Whether those politics included, "banging the boss' daughter," is irrevelant, Triple H has a well documented history of playing the politics game to get ahead, even if that means stepping over other people who deserve their spot.

And I don't see any steroid-related posts yet, but before anyone starts going on that rant, you may want to remember that Triple H has had his own history with the juice.
Ok sorry to get off topic, and sorry if I offended any Triple H fans, but it's something I've been thinking about for awhile, and the convo sort of came up.

Anyway, it's just sad to see guys who have a real passion and knowledge for the business just pushed aside. I didn't even watch TNA regularly when Steiner was going on his Twitter rants about it, but you can just tell that every word he was saying was true. And they should thank him for the free promo, because it actually made me interested in seeing what shenanigans were going on over there, lol.

Anyway, this thread has been a gold mine for good match recommendations, so thank you all for that!
LilOlMe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome