Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Lucha Underground, Women of Wrestling Forums

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
 
Simpsons Modern Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Springfield, probably Moe's Tavern.
Favourite(s): Rick 'The Model' Martel, Bret Hart, Ted Dibiase Sr
Posts: 18,001
Points: 26,307
                     
Re: Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveBatista View Post
3 things stick out about these current tag teams for me

1, none of the members of the current out and out teams (not counting sheamus and cesaro or the new day) strike me as potential singles stars
2, the teams arent presented properly or in enough depth, you want a team called the fashion police? so pre recordings of them questioning people on the streets about their clothes or going to fashion shows for 'inspiration'
guns and gallows have Japanese symbols on their attire yes, show them training in a dojo
give me a reason (other than watching nxt) to give two shits about american alpha
3, book the tag titles to mean something
one idea i had for this one was a big 2/3 falls tag title match between the usos and alpha to headline the smackdown after Wrestlemania
yes theyll have been bumped off the mania card but itll be a hot crowd full of smarks who'll treat it like its important
the hardcore fans leave quite the impression when they want to so they could add some life to the division
Spot on. If talents aren't strong enough to be singles stars they can be put together as a tag team and packaged up to increase that, so it helps there.

Also, in regards to the second part you mentioned I think this could be solved more with vignettes. I think Primo and Epico recently had them but it's really not much. I think you're pretty spot on there to be honest.



Don't worry Heff, we can still have a nice Thanksgiving. I bought us a nice big vegetarian turkey. It'll be delicious!
Simpsons Modern Life is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:31 PM
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
 
AmWolves10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,677
Points: 5,232
                     
Re: Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today?

There's like no characters, no one interesting, no one charismatic. This all started with La Resistance. I remember when the tag teams were awesome like Hardyz, Dudleyz, Edge and Christian, APA Protection, Too Cool, everyone was fun and unique, now everybody sucks and is boring and generic vanilla midgets.

" Del Rio has experience climbing ladders, I'll just leave it at that" - Zeb Colter
AmWolves10 is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
 
Simpsons Modern Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Springfield, probably Moe's Tavern.
Favourite(s): Rick 'The Model' Martel, Bret Hart, Ted Dibiase Sr
Posts: 18,001
Points: 26,307
                     
Re: Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmWolves10 View Post
There's like no characters, no one interesting, no one charismatic. This all started with La Resistance. I remember when the tag teams were awesome like Hardyz, Dudleyz, Edge and Christian, APA Protection, Too Cool, everyone was fun and unique, now everybody sucks and is boring and generic vanilla midgets.
Yeah. The only thing I do want to add is that I do feel we have the talent. Like our era is no less talented than previous era's it's just they're so held back creatively I think it effects them.

I mean, talents before could cut promo's, get into their gimmicks and everything without worrying about offending people and being knocked down on the card if they do. Where as now, if they say something wrong or something that doesn't go down well cause of the PC era we're in and the lack of creativity they have they do suffer from that and that's where I think the problem is.

Think about it like this. Even talents we had in previous era's we knew weren't great on the mic were still passable and ok to cut promo's because they didn't have this concern in their mind about saying anything wrong and they also weren't give strict line by line promo's too which add's complete pressure to the talents to not only remember those lines but deliver them and not get them wrong otherwise they do lose their place on the card.

Before they could get their teeth into their character and get into it without that worry. I think this effects them loads. There are some talents that aren't really that bad on the mic now but come across as awful because of all this in mind, it's effecting them I feel.



Don't worry Heff, we can still have a nice Thanksgiving. I bought us a nice big vegetarian turkey. It'll be delicious!
Simpsons Modern Life is offline  
 
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
 
AmWolves10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,677
Points: 5,232
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Modern Life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmWolves10 View Post
There's like no characters, no one interesting, no one charismatic. This all started with La Resistance. I remember when the tag teams were awesome like Hardyz, Dudleyz, Edge and Christian, APA Protection, Too Cool, everyone was fun and unique, now everybody sucks and is boring and generic vanilla midgets.
Yeah. The only thing I do want to add is that I do feel we have the talent. Like our era is no less talented than previous era's it's just they're so held back creatively I think it effects them.

I mean, talents before could cut promo's, get into their gimmicks and everything without worrying about offending people and being knocked down on the card if they do. Where as now, if they say something wrong or something that doesn't go down well cause of the PC era we're in and the lack of creativity they have they do suffer from that and that's where I think the problem is.

Think about it like this. Even talents we had in previous era's we knew weren't great on the mic were still passable and ok to cut promo's because they didn't have this concern in their mind about saying anything wrong and they also weren't give strict line by line promo's too which add's complete pressure to the talents to not only remember those lines but deliver them and not get them wrong otherwise they do lose their place on the card.

Before they could get their teeth into their character and get into it without that worry. I think this effects them loads. There are some talents that aren't really that bad on the mic now but come across as awful because of all this in mind, it's effecting them I feel.

agreed. I miss the APA bar room brawls with the dudleyz, that was bad ass. Today's talent don't get those type of segments to show case their personality. Heath Slater did a little bit but that was it.
AmWolves10 is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 140
Points: 427
           
Re: Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today?

The SDL Tag team division just feels like a complete wreck.

AA is fun in the ring, not really a lot on the mic. They're finally champions, aaaand now what do we do?
Usos heel turn seems fun and cool and exciting, but what are they accomplishing as bad guys?
Slater and Rhyno had a nice start, but boring as a team.
The Ascension is Team Jobber
Breezango does nothing for me.

And to top it all off--we keep having this multiple team matches. Just build a feud and let's build those characters. I'll survive if I go a week or 12 without the ascension.

Raw is better. The New Day is great regardless.

I would like to see the Club be meaner and badder. Anderson and Gallows are two badass, biker esque dudes. Why is it that Roman Reigns ends up winning the fight vs them? Let them beat the hell out of him and put them over in the tag team division.

I'm over the Sheamus Cesar experiment. They're both great on their own. The arguing thing has it's moments. But I want to see them both fight as single's competitors.
jky2k15 is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:51 PM
All out of bubblegum.
 
BehindYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 4,839
Points: 10,143
                     
Re: Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveBatista View Post
3 things stick out about these current tag teams for me

1, none of the members of the current out and out teams (not counting sheamus and cesaro or the new day) strike me as potential singles stars
Makes me feel bad for Scott Dawson, the dude is easily a complete package if it wasn't for his look...

Great on the mic, can do everything in the ring, even his facial expressions are top notch.


WF Dictionary:
Burial
bur·i·al
Noun
#1 - A wrestler I like losing to a wrestler I don't like.
#2 - A wrestler I like being insulted in promos by a wrestler I don't like
BehindYou is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:55 PM
Tag Teaming With James Ellsworth
 
Kink_Brawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,839
Points: 5,733
                     
Re: Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Modern Life View Post
There does seem to be a lack of creativity in the Tag Teams department I think. As mentioned in the OP the difference between the presentation of the teams from previous era's and now is huge.
It's hard to compare. The WWf had the greatest Tag Team roster in the history of wrestling in the 80s/early 90s and in the Attitude era. One of the reason behind that is because they would raid the indies or just steal indy gimmicks with capable talents. The WWe today would have a good tag roster if they signed the Young Bucks, ReDragon, All Night Express Killer Elite Squad etc, but I think it is important that they have their own homegrown talents as well.

Kink_Brawn is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Making James Ellsworth GET MY BAGS
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4,298
Points: 13,877
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindYou View Post
Makes me feel bad for Scott Dawson, the dude is easily a complete package if it wasn't for his look...

Great on the mic, can do everything in the ring, even his facial expressions are top notch.
i see the revival as a career tag team and the team to make the raw tag titles really important
i see no reason why down the road the tag titles cant main event a raw ppv, especially if brock isnt on it
BigDaveBatista is online now  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:06 PM
All out of bubblegum.
 
BehindYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 4,839
Points: 10,143
                     
Re: Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveBatista View Post
i see the revival as a career tag team and the team to make the raw tag titles really important
i see no reason why down the road the tag titles cant main event a raw ppv, especially if brock isnt on it
Yeah I definitely agree, they should be the tag team to define tag wrestling for this generation in the WWE IMO.

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck for Dawson that he will likely never get a solo title despite his huge talent (even as someone who thinks Dash is underrated).


WF Dictionary:
Burial
bur·i·al
Noun
#1 - A wrestler I like losing to a wrestler I don't like.
#2 - A wrestler I like being insulted in promos by a wrestler I don't like
BehindYou is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
 
Simpsons Modern Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Springfield, probably Moe's Tavern.
Favourite(s): Rick 'The Model' Martel, Bret Hart, Ted Dibiase Sr
Posts: 18,001
Points: 26,307
                     
Re: Lack of creativity in Tag Teams within the WWE? Do you feel there should be more presentation and packaging to the current tag teams of today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmWolves10 View Post
agreed. I miss the APA bar room brawls with the dudleyz, that was bad ass. Today's talent don't get those type of segments to show case their personality. Heath Slater did a little bit but that was it.
Exactly. Heath Slater is really talented too. Sure he's a jobber but that's a hard job as you've to not only look good yourself you've to make the other talent look good. It's a compliment to a talent when they are jobbing regularly on TV like Slater which is a misconception I think cause people see jobbing as being the lowest of the low. But it's a hard job and takes a great talent for the WWE to invest in for that.

It's like The Rockers always being on the opening matches of the PPV's. Another hard spot to fill because you're kicking off the live show and it's important the crowd are hyped for TV and the event itself, most talents can't do this so that's also kind of a misconception too I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kink_Brawn View Post
It's hard to compare. The WWf had the greatest Tag Team roster in the history of wrestling in the 80s/early 90s and in the Attitude era. One of the reason behind that is because they would raid the indies or just steal indy gimmicks with capable talents. The WWe today would have a good tag roster if they signed the Young Bucks, ReDragon, All Night Express Killer Elite Squad etc, but I think it is important that they have their own homegrown talents as well.
I don't think it is. I think we have the talent now but they're not supported with the creativity or the creative freedom they could be more confident in.

I agree about the talents being scouted however, though I think the WWE have now created their own wrestling style that the things they do on the indie scene would be a train wreck in the WWE. Probably why they nurture their own talents now I think. So many moves are banned now and they're trained differently I think it would just be a complete mess for them. The talent though on the indies is often unreal.

I agree about what you say about the Tag Team roster in those era's though, 100% agree there but again, I think that's down to lack of anything put into Tag Teams now cause the potential is there. There's no reason that with the talent we have and creativity going behind them we could continue that in the Tag Team division, I think they're just lazy to be honest though I could be wrong.

Maybe WWE needs some competition again. AE they had the ratings wars and late 80'/Early 90's they were making their mark and wanting to break through internationally with an impact. More enthusiasm no doubt too they had then, I dunno. I just feel they don't really try anymore now but it could be completely different if they did.



Don't worry Heff, we can still have a nice Thanksgiving. I bought us a nice big vegetarian turkey. It'll be delicious!

Last edited by Simpsons Modern Life; 02-17-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Simpsons Modern Life is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome