Fantasy Football keeper leagues - Page 478 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4771 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM
#Realtalk
 
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1

Well I don't really have any answers per say and we have lots of time to figure that out.

Getting keepers gives one less thing to think about and could close the gap between experienced and inexperienced some. I don't really think that many people have been treating this league like a keeper league anyway. Teams out of the race should have been trading away talent that they can't keep (no value in 2 rounds prior but could help a contender, too early in rounds to be kept) to contending teams for guys they can keep but may not necessarily be helping that playoff team win now as much as guys they can acquire for them. Keepers have value that can be traded for current assets. Who's actively doing this?

To me, this league was not a whole lot of fun. I have keepers. Who else does? If teams don't have keepers there's going to be even more of a competitive imbalance next year. If there are ways to make the league (potentially) more fun we should explore that. Whatever those ways are.

#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4772 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM
The North Remembers
 
Mikey Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: CHICAGOland
Posts: 20,138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1

who is the old band?

.5 PPR. Shit. I don't like 1 PPR, but fuck 0.

Also +1 for the player if his team wins, or -1 for the player if his team loses


QB
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
Flex RB/WR/TE
DEF/ST
K



Last edited by Mikey Damage; 12-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Mikey Damage is online now  
post #4773 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM
P.O.P., hold it down
 
Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 21,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 3

Can't believe I didn't make the playoffs in this league. Ah well.

Earl the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline  
post #4774 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM
The North Remembers
 
Mikey Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: CHICAGOland
Posts: 20,138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1



Mikey Damage is online now  
post #4775 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
...
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 28,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1

Oh and Flex meant 2 teams I think. Don't see why it matters how many teams we have, but that's like, his opinion man.

AID
JM
FLEX
UDFK
WWF
MIKEY
PSYCHO
STADWON
NOTORIOUS
STACKS
PERFECT POSTER
MRMR

There. 12 active players and posters that will make it FUN. Or not, until someone new whines. That's UDFK's job so you better do a damn good job.


FUCK MY KEEPERS WERE FUCKING AWESOME.

MrMister is offline  
post #4776 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM
#FunFact™
 
Aidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 7,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Well I don't really have any answers per say and we have lots of time to figure that out.

Getting keepers gives one less thing to think about and could close the gap between experienced and inexperienced some. I don't really think that many people have been treating this league like a keeper league anyway. Teams out of the race should have been trading away talent that they can't keep (no value in 2 rounds prior but could help a contender, too early in rounds to be kept) to contending teams for guys they can keep but may not necessarily be helping that playoff team win now as much as guys they can acquire for them. Keepers have value that can be traded for current assets. Who's actively doing this?

To me, this league was not a whole lot of fun. I have keepers. Who else does? If teams don't have keepers there's going to be even more of a competitive imbalance next year. If there are ways to make the league (potentially) more fun we should explore that. Whatever those ways are.
I did that in League 2 by trading away Trent Richardson for Luck like 6 weeks ago. The thing is, despite being in 12th place last week, I'm still in contention. Besides that, no one in League 2 is really doing anything to work towards winning this year or getting stacked for next year. A lot of Sunday only posters.

lolBears Lucks - Bulls - Braves - Blackhawks - Bulldogs


"If you can't handle me at my Worstbrook, you don't deserve me at my Bestbrook."
Aidan is offline  
post #4777 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM
#Realtalk
 
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1

Mikey has 2 keeper worthy QBs I assume? lol

#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas is offline  
post #4778 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM
#Realtalk
 
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Aid Cornelius View Post
I did that in League 2 by trading away Trent Richardson for Luck like 6 weeks ago. The thing is, despite being in 12th place last week, I'm still in contention. Besides that, no one in League 2 is really doing anything to work towards winning this year or getting stacked for next year. A lot of Sunday only posters.
Ya I know, and our trade earlier had keeper implications. I just don't think there's enough of it.

#Realtalk


^CHAMPviaDQ^

Maple Leafs - Raptors - Steelers - Blue Jays - Florida State
Barefoot J(ohn) M(cClane) Saves Xmas is offline  
post #4779 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
...
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 28,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1

You guys are all grass is greener people.

MrMister is offline  
post #4780 of 8121 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM
#FunFact™
 
Aidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 7,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Fantasy Football - WF NFL League 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Ya I know, and our trade earlier had keeper implications. I just don't think there's enough of it.
It was more of commentary for those who don't know, but you are right. There probably isn't enough of it. DH and Cleavage could be doing that. Ho Ho attempts to get a trade but no one talks to him for trades. Psycho and Stadw0n really don't need to trade, but I think Stadw0n has a QB issue with no Vick and I haven't seen an attempt for a trade (doesn't mean he hasn't tried.)

lolBears Lucks - Bulls - Braves - Blackhawks - Bulldogs


"If you can't handle me at my Worstbrook, you don't deserve me at my Bestbrook."
Aidan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome