Please read carefully. If anything is not clear please ask.
You keep your entire roster each year.
In addition, in year 1 there is a supplemental draft where you draft 4 or 6 or some number of prospects. They become your AFFILIATE roster. And each year you refill your affiliate roster ie. DRAFT.
After each season you have to chose to either keep your prospects and they move to your main roster (ie. you have to drop a guy for each prospect you keep) or you lose the rights to that player.
If you call up a prospect mid season you forfeit a first (maybe second) whatever pick for the following year.
More rules etc will be added as people ask or I think of things.
IMPORTANT INFO VVV
If you call a prospect up in-season (in-season = after the prospect draft to the last day of the baseball season) you lose your first round pick the next year. Each other call up after the first costs another subsequent draft pick. All picks affected by an in season call up go to end of the draft. For instance, if you called up a player, your first round pick becomes the last pick in the draft.
At the end of the year you can either move a prospect to your main roster, dropping a player from your main roster to do so, or keep them as a prospect and lose your first round pick. Each other prospect kept costs another subsequent draft pick. You can drop them outright as another option.
If you end up with more than 6 prospects through trades or what not, you have to get back to 6 prospects before the next years prospects draft. You cannot have more than 6 prospects going into the draft, and to reiterate, each prospect you have takes away a draft pick.
Originally Posted by JM
I have set the keeper deadline tentatively as Saturday, March 21st @ 12am ET. (That's Friday Night btw).
By that deadline you need to have:
- made your prospect decisions (and posted them in this thread)
- your roster reduced to 22 (emptying your DL)
- added the prospects that you are calling up to your roster.
- Select all the players you are keeping, up to your entire 22 man roster (physically set your keepers on ESPN, if you don't they will be dropped to the wire, don't fuck up)
After the Deadline:
- 2015 Prospect draft (this should not take more than a week surely)
- AFTER the draft is completed I will finalize rosters - taking us out of predraft mode at which time you can start spending your FA dollars on waiver wire pick ups, either replacing guys you want to drop or filling any empty spots you have to get to 22.