12-17-2013, 03:09 PM
|Written in the Stars
Join Date: Feb 2013
WF 2013-14 NFL Playoff Survivor Pool
Stolen from another board. I have played this game there for over five years.
The rules are simple:
- As we head into a weekend of playoff football, you pick one team.
- If that team wins, you survive to the next weekend.
- If that team loses, you're out.
- Once you've picked a particular team, you cannot pick that team again in later weeks.
- For tie breaker purposes, you must also provide the total # of points that will be scored in the game you've selected. (if your first round pick is the Saints, you also provide your guess for the total # of points in the Saints' game against the 49ers. ie - Saints 24)
- Picks must be posted to this thread before kickoff of the first game of the weekend. Each week's picks and results will be summarized at the top of this thread. In the event that we have multiple winners *or* everybody gets eliminated during the same weekend, the winner will be the person who guesses closest to the total # of points scored in their game. If no point guess is included with your pick, you will be assigned a guess of ZERO.
- Tie breakers (in the form of total # of points) will be used to determine the final order of finish where necessary.
- In case of a tiebreaker tie, the player who submits their pick first will have the edge.
- If both of the teams who make it to the Super Bowl have already been picked by a particular player, that player will be eliminated due them being "shut out" of the Super Bowl. That player's order of finish will be ahead of all of those eliminated during the Conference Finals, but behind those eliminated during the Super Bowl.
- A player may change their picks at any time prior to kickoff of the first game, but may only do so by posting a new message to this thread. Posts that contain a "Last edited by:" timestamp will be ignored.
Special Superbowl pick information:
- Once we get to the Superbowl picking, I will go ahead and post each players' respective Superbowl picks. (Each player will either only have one remaining pick, or will already be "shut out".)
- If more than one player has the same team, please PM your total points pick to me. This denies anyone an unfair advantage. If you are the only player to have one of the teams, you do NOT need to submit a guess for total points.
- Once all of the guesses have been made for a particular Super Bowl finalist, I will post them to the thread. If your guess is the same as someone who has already guessed, I will flip a coin to either add or subtract one (or more) point(s) to/from your guess as necessary to ensure your pick is unique. Once all of the guesses for a particular team have been made and published, you will NOT be able to change it.
Wild Card Playoffs
Kansas City 44, Indianapolis 45
New Orleans 26, Philadelphia 24
San Diego 27, Cincinnati 10
San Francisco 23, Green Bay 20
New Orleans 15, Seattle 23
Indianapolis 22, New England 43
San Francisco 23, Carolina 10
San Diego 17, Denver 24
AFC Championship: New England 16 at Denver 26
NFC Championship: San Francisco 17 at Seattle 23
Super Bowl XLVIII
Denver 8 at Seattle 43
Credit: ChampviaDQ, TheForthWall & Ace Duck
Last edited by Star Dust : 04-16-2014 at 12:02 PM.
12-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
Join Date: Dec 2012
Re: WF 2013-14 NFL Playoff Survivor Pool
My Picks in Bold
Wild Card Playoffs
Saturday, January 4th
at Indianapolis (4:30pm ET NBC)
New Orleans at Philadelphia
(8:00pm ET NBC)
Sunday, January 5th
at Cincinnati (1:00pm ET CBS)
at Green Bay (4:30pm ET FOX)
Saturday, January 11th
NOS or GBP-SFF winner at Seattle
(4:30pm ET FOX)
CIN or IND-KCC
winner at New England (8:00pm ET CBS)
Sunday, January 12th
PHI or GBP-SFF winner at Carolina
(1:00pm ET FOX)
or IND-KCC winner at Denver (4:30pm ET CBS)
Sun, 1/19: AFC time TBD, CBS (#6 Sand Diego Chargers over #5 Kansas City Chiefs)
Sun, 1/19: NFC time TBD, FOX (#2 Carolina Panthers over #1 Seattle Seahawks)
Super Bowl XLVIII
Sun 2/2: NFC
at AFC (MetLife Stadium, New Jersey) (#2 Carolina Panthers over #6 San Diego Chargers)
SUPER BOWL XLVIII WORLD CHAMPIONS:
Banner by why2cj
New Checklist as of 7/22/2014
More NXT Callups to the Main Roster, especially Divas ( )
Dixie Carter LEAVES TNA! ( )
Vince McMahon/The Board of Directors comes down on the Authority/Triple H/Stephanie McMahon ( )
A 16 Seed BEATS a 1 Seed ( )
Brock Lesnar turns face ( )
Goldust turns heel on Stardust ( )
An African American wins the Royal Rumble and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania ( )
AJ Lee v Bayley for the Divas Championship @ Wrestlemania 31! ( )
New GMs for RAW & Smackdown! ( )
Sandow cancels Halloween ( )
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off