5 Movies To Watch On Halloween - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
FBrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
FBrizzle is an after thought
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf0501 View Post
if you're making a list believing that you can get "more people on your site" or believing that you know "what the people wants to see" you're always gonna get horrible lists.

First you can't know what the people want to see anyway and second you're putting stuff you believe people want to see and not what you really believe is great to see, so in general that makes you an hypocrite. On the other side, you could try to expand the visits on your side by taking a different approach and giving serious advise on the matter.

Even more, you're seriously saying me that Helloween II is mainstream next to a Fulci movie? specially with the amount of gore in both films??. You said that you list is for "mainstream" audicences, but there isn't a criteria there, what is the realtion between Halloween II and Ernest for example? And why are both films, stuff i will want to see

Finally if you're comparing stuff like Maniac cop to the movies of Fulci or Argento i don't know what else to say




Movie is awful, and i like Zombie, but most of the sutff after Michael goes out of the hospital is pointless and stupid. There are moments when it seems a Hostel sequel instead of a Halloween remake
Here's the difference...

Go to your local mall, retail store, food establishment, whatever.

Ask some people if they've seen a Halloween movie.

Then ask them what their favorite Lucio Fulci movie is.

That's the difference.

And I make a living online...

Of course I'm going to give people what they want to see.

How do I know? Because I target my audience, I know my audience, etc.

That doesn't mean I go with what's popular though.

(If I did, my list would include Paranormal Activity and SAW)

I go with GOOD movies that my readers know or will relate to.

And Halloween 2 has the same amount of gore as a Fulci movie?





*I never said YOU wanted to see it.
My audience isn't those on a wrestling forum lol.
I simply started this thread to see what would be on OTHERS' lists.
And so far, everyone's list has been close to mine in terms of "relation."
Except yours. Going 9 for 10 isn't too bad now is it?
__________________
Subscribe to me on YouTube by clicking here.

Last edited by FBrizzle : 10-13-2013 at 07:33 PM.
FBrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
asdf0501's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,117
asdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missed
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

obviously a Fulci movie has more Gore, that wasn't my comment, My position is that both kind of movies are pretty gross. What make one of them more known than the other is related more to circunstances surrounding both movies than to the actual content in them

Obviously people will know a Halloween movie more than a Fulci one, but that isn't because one movie is more mainstream oriented or whatever, the reason is because one is a sequel of a cult classic. The other are movies made by an italian cult filmmaker on a cliche sub-genre that was hardly making a living with his movies.

In fact you can trace several points in common between the Giallo and the slasher films. At least more than the ones between Ernst and a Halloween movie
__________________

The rest is silence
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic187936_14.gif
asdf0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
y2j4lyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 'Murica
Posts: 2,223
y2j4lyf needs to make some friendsy2j4lyf needs to make some friendsy2j4lyf needs to make some friendsy2j4lyf needs to make some friendsy2j4lyf needs to make some friendsy2j4lyf needs to make some friendsy2j4lyf needs to make some friendsy2j4lyf needs to make some friendsy2j4lyf needs to make some friends
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

As long as The Shining and Psycho is on the list I'm good w/ it
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic235570_8.gif
The GOAT

Eat. Sleep. Conquer. Repeat.

y2j4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Skermac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,383
Skermac is an after thoughtSkermac is an after thoughtSkermac is an after thought
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

The Shining
The Driller Killer
Four of the Apocalypse
The New York Ripper
The Exorcist
Skermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
Zen
Self-Improvement Is Masturbation.
 
Zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Rd, London SW6 1HS, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,513
Zen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whoreZen is a rep whore
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

Carrie
Jeepers Creepers
Halloween
__________________
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #36 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
FBrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
FBrizzle is an after thought
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf0501 View Post
obviously a Fulci movie has more Gore, that wasn't my comment, My position is that both kind of movies are pretty gross. What make one of them more known than the other is related more to circunstances surrounding both movies than to the actual content in them

Obviously people will know a Halloween movie more than a Fulci one, but that isn't because one movie is more mainstream oriented or whatever, the reason is because one is a sequel of a cult classic. The other are movies made by an italian cult filmmaker on a cliche sub-genre that was hardly making a living with his movies.

In fact you can trace several points in common between the Giallo and the slasher films. At least more than the ones between Ernst and a Halloween movie
I never mentioned a sequel specifically, I said A Halloween movie.

You could just use the original Halloween if you want (so it's not the sequel to a cult classic).

And sure, Giallo and slasher IN GENERAL are very similar...

But what's similar about a Carpenter film/Fulci film besides the genre?

And what makes one mainstream and one not...

Theatrical releases, difference in budget, public reception, etc.

"Obviously people will know a Halloween movie more than a Fulci one..."

Regardless of reason, that means Halloween is more mainstream.

And you did comment on the amount of gore in both films thus comparing them.

So yeah, that was your comment lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrien Mercier View Post
Carrie
Jeepers Creepers
Halloween
Jeepers Creepers is a good movie with a solid sequel.

I just hope the 3rd installment (if it happens) stands its ground.
__________________
Subscribe to me on YouTube by clicking here.

Last edited by FBrizzle : 10-13-2013 at 10:58 PM.
FBrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Hunter of Invisible Game
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Posts: 33,146
McQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on rep
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

I don't like horror movies much, especially the mainstream ones but I did really enjoy both Jeepers Creepers movies.
__________________
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
FBrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
FBrizzle is an after thought
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
I don't like horror movies much, especially the mainstream ones but I did really enjoy both Jeepers Creepers movies.
Nothing wrong with that. We each have different taste in film.

So, being a non-horror fan....

What would you watch on Halloween specifically?
__________________
Subscribe to me on YouTube by clicking here.
FBrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
asdf0501's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,117
asdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missedasdf0501 probably won't be missed
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBrizzle View Post
I never mentioned a sequel specifically, I said A Halloween movie.

You could just use the original Halloween if you want (so it's not the sequel to a cult classic).

And sure, Giallo and slasher IN GENERAL are very similar...

But what's similar about a Carpenter film/Fulci film besides the genre?

And what makes one mainstream and one not...

Theatrical releases, difference in budget, public reception, etc.

"Obviously people will know a Halloween movie more than a Fulci one..."

Regardless of reason, that means Halloween is more mainstream.
Well, then you got the fact that the movie was made by a relative succesful new filmmaker by that time (considering that by that point Carpenter had even made a Elvis biopic for TV and won an Oscar for one of his first shorts). The point is, you're making seem like people who like Halloween will not like a movie made by Fulci because one is more known than the other, not because of the quality of each one or the relation between them, which is the whole point on putting one and excluding the other by you (or at least that's what you said).

Is an horrible relation specially because both kinds of movies are heavy related: there is a political approach in both of them, the violence and the stetic in general is pretty chessy because they represent an special stand on violence, both are heavily inspired by classical Hollywood, etc.

But yeah, you know what your target audience wants. The sad thing is, this is the kind of thinking that a normal producer has
__________________

The rest is silence
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic187936_14.gif
asdf0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
FBrizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 193
FBrizzle is an after thought
Default Re: 5 Movies To Watch On Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf0501 View Post
Well, then you got the fact that the movie was made by a relative succesful new filmmaker by that time (considering that by that point Carpenter had even made a Elvis biopic for TV and won an Oscar for one of his first shorts). The point is, you're making seem like people who like Halloween will not like a movie made by Fulci because one is more known than the other, not because of the quality of each one or the relation between them, which is the whole point on putting one and excluding the other by you (or at least that's what you said).

Is an horrible relation specially because both kinds of movies are heavy related: there is a political approach in both of them, the violence and the stetic in general is pretty chessy because they represent an special stand on violence, both are heavily inspired by classical Hollywood, etc.

But yeah, you know what your target audience wants. The sad thing is, this is the kind of thinking that a normal producer has
There is a political approach in every slasher? Every Giallo movie?

What you just said makes absolutely no sense...

Nonetheless...

Fulci had also directed successful films that weren't even horror...

That were pretty successful...

BEFORE John Carpenter won an Academy Award.

So, I don't get where that is relevant.

Like I said, public reception plays a big part in what is mainstream and what isn't...

And outside of die hard horror fans...

Most people think Lucio Fulci films are junk...

If they even know who he is which is doubtful.

I personally like them but people like me are few and far between.
__________________
Subscribe to me on YouTube by clicking here.

Last edited by FBrizzle : 10-13-2013 at 11:34 PM.
FBrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios