AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
Join Date: Jun 2006
Re: Resident Evil Retribution
A buddy wanted to watch RE5 and I thought it was going to be as terrible as the last three films. However, I liked it a lot. To me, it was the true sequel to the first film that I adore.
What I liked:
- The opening score (titled "Flying Through The Air") at the beginning. Very catchy and memorable. Must download it ASAP.
- Alice not having her powers. Her being vulnerable made the movie fun to watch again. You have no idea how happy I was to see her selling her injuries as well as get her ass handed to her a few times.
The Becky character. She was a nice addition since they were dumb enough to get rid of Angela to begin with.
- The return of the Red Queen.
- Umbrella's HQ being in Russia just like in Chronicles!
- Alice's battle gear. Pretty sexy and swanky at the same time.
- There were a few jump scenes.
- Wesker having blonde hair again.
- The girl that played Ada did a good job.
- I didn't mind a previous storyline being re-used. It made sense.
- It was nice to see Michelle Rodriguez and Colin Salmon again.
- Holy sh*t @ one of the regular enemies getting Supersized!
- I marked out for Barry having a vintage moment!
- Sienna Guillory was awesome as Jill even if it felt like I was watching her play as Nina Williams from Tekken.
- My favorite scenes were Alice's Tokyo Showdown and the final fight which was worth the price of admission alone.
- The President of The United States
What I didn't like:
- The opening scene shown in reverse. I hate that sh*t.
- The fast zombies. This isn't fu**ing Dawn of The Dead!
- I thought this was a Halo movie because it seemed like everyone had unlimited ammo.
- The guy who played Leon fu**ing sucked!
- The return of the Luthor West character. Who gives a sh*t?
- How Michelle Rodriguez was booked.
- Killing off one of the team members. Fu** you, Paul Anderson!
- And of course, something happens during the ending that I didn't want to see again. GOD DAMN IT!
Overall, the movie is filler because Alice gets captured by Umbrella and has to escape. It didn't add anything to the storyline aside from what happens at the end and ironically, the movies have become more over the top than the actual videogames. Sadly, this will make more money leading to more sequels and the beat goes on...In the next Resident Evil movie or Resident Evil 7, Alice will fighting infected Martians!
Suplex City, Bitch!