General Movie Discussion Part II (part III coming soon) - Page 42 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #411 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 PM
San Francisco Giants 2010,2012 and 2014 World Series Champs.
 
TKOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Listening to Hunter Pence drop F-bombs in the locker room.
Posts: 16,702
Points: 1,094
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

He's pretty awesome in his small role in Wedding Crasher.

sig by champviagoat.


San francisco 49ers- San Francisco Giants-Sacramento Kings
TKOK is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #412 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Working on my abs
 
asdf0501's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,550
Points: 564
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
Yeah definitely. I'm going on a New Wave kick recently, I've got some films ready to watch in the next week actually. These are on my list along with most of Melville's work...

Numero Deux
Week End
Two Or Three Things I Know About Her
Le Mepris
Alphaville
Pierrot Le Fou
Vivre Sa Vie
Contempt

I know there's tons more, but I'm trying to get the more well known stuff watched first, would you say that's a good selection? I went off of his top rated movies from Rotten Tomatoes, figured that'd be the easiest way to get started with his stuff.
Yeah that is a pretty good list, almost all of them are from the 60's period. But Le Mepris and Contempt are the same movie, Contempt is the american translation for the title.

From the list i will say the more well known are the last four, Contempt and Alphaville are also the most narrative and easy to go, Pierrot and Vivre Sa Vie are more tricky and full of the classic break of the cinematics rules from Godard, in fact, Pierrot was make without a fucking script and just improvising. Even then, Pierrot is my favourite movie in the world with Vertigo and i don't have seen another movie so great in terms of the relations between women and men.


Week-End and Two Or Three Things are more radical because they are related with the political things that has been hapening in France at the moment (may 68 and all of that) and with the gradually lost of faith from Godard in the cinema world and the scene. All the things he made post-67 are controversial because the people seems to think that him Begans to make cinema just for himself or for intelectual acclaim, i don't agree with this but you can judge for yourself.

Numero Deux is a strange experiment, is the first movie Godard makes in Video (and all his 80's work is in this format) and after 10 years without working a film for himdself. I think that in this terms is an important movie if you became a Godard fan or a cinephile and can support this kind of thing, if not you are good without seen it.

Also if you are in a New Wave roll, you should see some Truffaut, Resnais, Varda and specially Marker and Rohmer work (RIP). La Jetee was the inspiration for 12 Monkeys and is a just a 20 minutes film.



http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic187936_15.gif

Only one is a wanderer, two together are always going somewhere.

Last edited by asdf0501; 10-15-2012 at 11:18 PM.
asdf0501 is offline  
post #413 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 AM
BAD RELIGION
 
Destiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,832
Points: 229
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

I watched Stand By Me for the very first time EVER (I know, how sad).

I FUCKING LOVED IT.

One of my faves.

Want to see Argo now.



channel orange.


Last edited by Destiny; 10-16-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Destiny is offline  
post #414 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 02:05 AM
PRESHRUNK CYBERPUNK
 
Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: THE HOUS OF BLACK AND WHITE
Posts: 12,463
Points: 4,304
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

I can't...fucking....wait!










Spoiler for HIT-GIRL corridor scene:


Last edited by Mercy; 10-16-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Mercy is online now  
post #415 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
Vic Capri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,914
Points: 2,279
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Hugo Weaving isn't interested in playing The Red Skull again. Damn shame.

- Vic



Currently suspended.
Vic Capri is offline  
post #416 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Good Kid
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: m.A.A.d city
Posts: 8,577
Points: 1,154
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf0501 View Post
Yeah that is a pretty good list, almost all of them are from the 60's period. But Le Mepris and Contempt are the same movie, Contempt is the american translation for the title.

From the list i will say the more well known are the last four, Contempt and Alphaville are also the most narrative and easy to go, Pierrot and Vivre Sa Vie are more tricky and full of the classic break of the cinematics rules from Godard, in fact, Pierrot was make without a fucking script and just improvising. Even then, Pierrot is my favourite movie in the world with Vertigo and i don't have seen another movie so great in terms of the relations between women and men.


Week-End and Two Or Three Things are more radical because they are related with the political things that has been hapening in France at the moment (may 68 and all of that) and with the gradually lost of faith from Godard in the cinema world and the scene. All the things he made post-67 are controversial because the people seems to think that him Begans to make cinema just for himself or for intelectual acclaim, i don't agree with this but you can judge for yourself.

Numero Deux is a strange experiment, is the first movie Godard makes in Video (and all his 80's work is in this format) and after 10 years without working a film for himdself. I think that in this terms is an important movie if you became a Godard fan or a cinephile and can support this kind of thing, if not you are good without seen it.

Also if you are in a New Wave roll, you should see some Truffaut, Resnais, Varda and specially Marker and Rohmer work (RIP). La Jetee was the inspiration for 12 Monkeys and is a just a 20 minutes film.
Cheers for all the info . Looking forward to seeing his less narrative movies more, I love that kind of stuff. I'll definitely try and seek out those directors you mentioned too. Pierrot is probably my next watch since I saw it came in The Sight And Sound poll just behind Breathless as far as Godard's films go.
Bubz is online now  
post #417 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 07:50 AM
BAD RELIGION
 
Destiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,832
Points: 229
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Has anyone seen On The Road?

Not sure whether to download or not.

It looks interesting to be fair.
Destiny is offline  
post #418 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 AM
There are players and then there are pieces
 
Myers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles is burning
Posts: 5,049
Points: 87
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit-Girl View Post
I can't...fucking....wait!




First a third reboot of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, then a third reboot of Carrie, and I believe they are making a Halloween 3D that will be a reboot. 2013 should be the official year Hollywood ran out of ideas.

To be fair I like the idea of Moretz in this role, she was great as a child vampire in Let Me In.

Myers is offline  
post #419 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
virus21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,115
Points: 1,618
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myers View Post
First a third reboot of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, then a third reboot of Carrie, and I believe they are making a Halloween 3D that will be a reboot. 2013 should be the official year Hollywood ran out of ideas.

To be fair I like the idea of Moretz in this role, she was great as a child vampire in Let Me In.
No. Hollywood ran out of ideas years ago


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Capri View Post
Hugo Weaving isn't interested in playing The Red Skull again. Damn shame.

- Vic
Why couldn't he have done that for Megatron?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/hellsing/images/2/21/-alucard_ova_8.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110904172303


Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
virus21 is offline  
post #420 of 5657 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US
Posts: 10,993
Points: 0
                     
Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit-Girl View Post
I can't...fucking....wait!




I'll be straight, I cannot see this being any good. The other remake was horrible (actually saw it on SyFy recently), and usually 3rd time is a charm doesn't apply to horror remakes. Of course we all know why you're really going to see it, Hitgurl.
cesaro_ROCKS is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome