Most disturbing movie you've seen? - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 04:48 PM
The trick is to stay alive...
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the Mouth of Madness
Posts: 8,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Snowtown - the only film that's made me feel genuinely queasy. Something about the gritty, long takes and the claustrophobia inducing casualness of the violence just really hit me.
I've seen every film mentioned in this thread and I don't really get affected in that way by films, but THIS takes the cake. The thing is, it's a fucking incredible piece of film making. You can take all your gore or torture porn movies, and exploitation flicks and fake snuff movies and none of them match this. Amazing film and it genuinely has a feeling of pure evil running through it right from the opening scenes. You don't see much gore or violence, it's all mostly implied apart from one scene, but that's what makes it so fucking great. I defy anyone to sit through it and not feel uncomfortable or disturbed. The scene with the dancing in slow motion really freaked me the fuck out. That's how good the film is, when a man dancing with a woman at a party becomes something genuinely disturbing or uncomfortable, that's a sign that the director (and actors) are doing an amazing job. The fact it's a true story adds to that aura. The one torture scene is the hardest it's ever been for me to watch something, ever.

Only ones that come close for me are Irreversible and Martyrs, but Martyrs is mostly just fucked up.

Last edited by Bubz; 09-01-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Bubz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!
 
TripleG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 33,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

I never saw The Human Centipede films, but I've talked to people that have.

I've been told that the first film is actually hilarious. It was described to me as a cliche bad horror movie with an over the top villain, a ridiculous premise and is downright silly rather than the horrifying & sick film one might expect.

On the flip side, I've been told that the second film is every bit as bad as one probably imagined the first film would be times about 10. I talked to one person who said that he vomited while watching it.

WEEKDAY WARRIORS OF WRESTLING: The Podcast I'm On
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...d=95975&cmd=tc

TLC...S PPV REVIEW


TripleG is offline  
post #53 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 05:12 PM
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladMan2012 View Post
"The Human Centipede" will haunt me forever. Haven't gotten around the sequel but I'm probably too terrified to, I hear it's even more graphic than the first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
I never saw The Human Centipede films, but I've talked to people that have.

I've been told that the first film is actually hilarious. It was described to me as a cliche bad horror movie with an over the top villain, a ridiculous premise and is downright silly rather than the horrifying & sick film one might expect.

On the flip side, I've been told that the second film is every bit as bad as one probably imagined the first film would be times about 10. I talked to one person who said that he vomited while watching it.
The first one isn't that graphic at all. Everything is implied and you don't really see anything. The most graphic scene I think (from a pretty shit memory) is the bit where the head of the centipede dude cuts his own throat. The mouth to anus joins are all covered with bandages. The second film, however, shows you everything.

The first film could have been interesting as a premise, though I don't think it delivered very well. The second one is just the shittest film I have ever seen. There was absolutely no point in making it.

Only bother with the second one if you want a frame of reference for the worst film ever made by anyone.

Anark is offline  
post #54 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

28 weeks later....It was good, almost too good to be fiction, and that was the fucked up part. Saw, Hostel, etc were gore fest, but not really "distrubing" to me...well, maybe Hostel..
cyrus_cesar is offline  
post #55 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
I've seen every film mentioned in this thread and I don't really get affected in that way by films, but THIS takes the cake. The thing is, it's a fucking incredible piece of film making. You can take all your gore or torture porn movies, and exploitation flicks and fake snuff movies and none of them match this. Amazing film and it genuinely has a feeling of pure evil running through it right from the opening scenes. You don't see much gore or violence, it's all mostly implied apart from one scene, but that's what makes it so fucking great. I defy anyone to sit through it and not feel uncomfortable or disturbed. The scene with the dancing in slow motion really freaked me the fuck out. That's how good the film is, when a man dancing with a woman at a party becomes something genuinely disturbing or uncomfortable, that's a sign that the director (and actors) are doing an amazing job. The fact it's a true story adds to that aura. The one torture scene is the hardest it's ever been for me to watch something, ever.

Only ones that come close for me are Irreversible and Martyrs, but Martyrs is mostly just fucked up.
The torture scene left me cold, partly because of the stop / start nature of it all and also the tragedy of the guy having to relay that information for his recorded message. When he started begging for his own death I just fell a chill rush through me that I have never felt when watching the hundreds of horror movies that I've seen. Wolf Creek was based on true events too and is a very scary film but its violent scenes still felt cinematic and detached whereas that scene in Snowtown felt incredibly realistic. Must have been really weird experience having to act it out.

Like you say the film was a class above torture porn and the sort because it was invested in character and in showing how people continue to make the same mistakes, the mother falling for another psychopath, the son becoming another passive victim to someone more powerful etc. I also like how the narrative teased you at first by making you sort of half agree with the ethos of the villain to eliminate scum only for it to escalate with the guy emerging as a bigger scum than the rest of his victims combined.

Yeah it left a sour taste, but I was still able to appreciate the artistry in between feeling nauseous.

Last edited by Henry Hill; 09-01-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Henry Hill is offline  
post #56 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Zen
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Rd, London SW6 1HS, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

I saw A Serbian Film pop up a few times, to be honest the movie was utter shit, you can tell they were trying soooo hard to make it into a shock film and it failed.
Zen is offline  
post #57 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
bjnelson19705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A House
Posts: 8,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

The original The Thing. Great movie.

He's awesome


JDfromNY206 on Youtube

Off The Script Fri-Sun

Mario Kart Mondays
bjnelson19705 is offline  
post #58 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Zen
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Rd, London SW6 1HS, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
I've seen every film mentioned in this thread and I don't really get affected in that way by films, but THIS takes the cake. The thing is, it's a fucking incredible piece of film making. You can take all your gore or torture porn movies, and exploitation flicks and fake snuff movies and none of them match this. Amazing film and it genuinely has a feeling of pure evil running through it right from the opening scenes. You don't see much gore or violence, it's all mostly implied apart from one scene, but that's what makes it so fucking great. I defy anyone to sit through it and not feel uncomfortable or disturbed. The scene with the dancing in slow motion really freaked me the fuck out. That's how good the film is, when a man dancing with a woman at a party becomes something genuinely disturbing or uncomfortable, that's a sign that the director (and actors) are doing an amazing job. The fact it's a true story adds to that aura. The one torture scene is the hardest it's ever been for me to watch something, ever.

Only ones that come close for me are Irreversible and Martyrs, but Martyrs is mostly just fucked up.
Might give that a watch
Zen is offline  
post #59 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
Henry Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce & Gabbana View Post
I saw A Serbian Film pop up a few times, to be honest the movie was utter shit, you can tell they were trying soooo hard to make it into a shock film and it failed.
It's a good tactic though if you're a first time filmmaker. Stick in something really sickening and controversial so that everyone starts talking about your otherwise poorly written and poorly executed movie.

I like films like Human Centipede though because they seem to be aware of how stupid they are and just have fun with it. I thought the complete lack of subtetly in the way the film tried to draw comparions between the doctor and Hitler were hysterical.
Henry Hill is offline  
post #60 of 134 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Zen
Humbled
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Rd, London SW6 1HS, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Most disturbing movie you've seen?

Well he certainly accomplished what he wanted
Zen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome