Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
Join Date: Mar 2010
Re: Hope is lost, faith is broken...The Dark Knight Rises - July 20th, 2012 (SPOILERS
1. Selina Kyle/Catwoman. HATE this. Bane is an international, criminal GENIUS in the employ of The League of Shadows. You mean to tell me he couldn't have been bankrupted that way?
2. Bane CRYING?! You can't humanize a guy like that. The fact that he is in most, if not all, aspects a monster is what makes him fun.
3. Knowing the comics did make the Talia and "My name's Robin" stuff a little hokey. Just a ding, not a knock.
4. Fuck off with people saying the football stadium demolition was cool. It was 80s made for TV movie AWFUL and took a dump all over the supposed "dark" and "gritty" world.
5. Between Batman talking like Voicebox-Kane and Bane BEING Voicebox-Kane I was missing at least 30 percent of the dialogue.
6. Get a fuckin' editor. The Catwoman crap was not needed. I'm sick of all these superhero movies being 2 and a half hours long. Reign yourselves in, you indulgent pricks. This isn't Gods and Generals here. Supposedly the full cut of this movie is 268 minutes/4 hours and 28 minutes. They cut a full two HOURS and the movie was still too long! CHRIST!
7. HAN ZIMMER IS A FUCKING CUNT! THE SOUNDTRACK ISN'T THE STAR MOTHERFUCKER! LAY OFF THE DRUMS I'M TRYING TO HEAR BATMAN AND BANE! FUCK!
That being said I still really liked it. 3.5/4 out of 5 territory. I can see it being like Batman Begins and growing on me in a few years and getting another half star. I'd still rather see the 1989 Keaton and Nicholson Batman or The Dark Knight, though.
Oh, and you know those rumors of Paul Giammatti as Penguin and Leonardo DiCapro as Riddler? Pretty, pretty please do that. I'm beggin' ya. That would rule.