Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.) - Page 59 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #581 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

Just started watching the series, I'm halfway through season 2 now. I have no intention to read the posts in here because obviously I don't want to spoil anything for myself until I catch up.

Without a doubt one of the best t.v shows I've ever seen though, and definitely has the potential to be the best. As much as I love Walt and think that he's a fantastic character, I'm much more invested in Jesse. Jesse has to be one of the most well written and interesting characters I've seen in a t.v show. I'm finding myself much more interested in his side of the story and I'm always rooting for him. Amazing character I think. The episode "Peekaboo" in season 2 is the perfect example of why I love him.

Last edited by Schultz; 08-18-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Schultz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #582 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 AM
AJ
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Just started watching the series, I'm halfway through season 2 now. I have no intention to read the posts in here because obviously I don't want to spoil anything for myself until I catch up.

Without a doubt one of the best t.v shows I've ever seen though, and definitely has the potential to be the best. As much as I love Walt and think that he's a fantastic character, I'm much more invested in Jesse. Jesse has to be one of the most well written and interesting characters I've seen in a t.v show. I'm finding myself much more interested in his side of the story and I'm always rooting for him. Amazing character I think. The episode "Peekaboo" in season 2 is the perfect example of why I love him.
The writers were going to originally kill Jesse off in season 1, they made a good decision.
AJ is offline  
post #583 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

Really? Any idea how they were going to kill him off? Would have been an awful decision if they had, he's turning out to be the star of the series.
Schultz is offline  
post #584 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 AM
AJ
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Really? Any idea how they were going to kill him off? Would have been an awful decision if they had, he's turning out to be the star of the series.
I don't know how, but I think it would be to elevate Walt and make him more 'stand alone', but they liked the character and wanted to keep him.
AJ is offline  
post #585 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TexasTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
           
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)






Props to JamesCurtis24 for the awesome sig
TexasTornado is offline  
post #586 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Dirk Diggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Really? Any idea how they were going to kill him off? Would have been an awful decision if they had, he's turning out to be the star of the series.
They were gonna kill him off in a botched drug deal to plague Walt with guilt. Vince Gilligan said that Aaron Paul gave such a good performance as Jesse that it would be a big mistake to kill him off.

Dirk Diggler is offline  
post #587 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Searching for a new identity
 
NoGimmicksNeeded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 5,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

Apparently he would have been killed off if the writers strike hadn't cut the episodes down for season 1. Can't even imagine what the show would be like without Jesse now, especially seeing as he's essentially the moral compass.

What's everyone's favourite scene of the show so far? I've been thinking about it and its really hard to look past 'I am the one that knocks'. Either that or the end of Crawl Space.
NoGimmicksNeeded is offline  
post #588 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

My favourite scene so far would be the end to "Peekaboo" in season 2. When Jesse rescues the kid from the crack den, calls 911 and then leaves him on the front door step and tells the kid not to go back in the house and that he hopes he has a good life. Very emotional scene.
Schultz is offline  
post #589 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Dirk Diggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGimmicksNeeded View Post
What's everyone's favourite scene of the show so far?
Too many to pick from but this deserves an honorable mention:


Dirk Diggler is offline  
post #590 of 4143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Working on my abs
 
heyman deciple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
re: Breaking Bad Thread (NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THIS THREAD. INCLUDING SIGS & CHATBOX.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGimmicksNeeded View Post
Apparently he would have been killed off if the writers strike hadn't cut the episodes down for season 1. Can't even imagine what the show would be like without Jesse now, especially seeing as he's essentially the moral compass.

What's everyone's favourite scene of the show so far? I've been thinking about it and its really hard to look past 'I am the one that knocks'. Either that or the end of Crawl Space.
To this day my favorite scene is the that's not crystal meth scene with Walt and tuck where Walt blows that bitch up, that scene with the after math and how it's bookended to the first scene of the episode s amazing.
heyman deciple is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome