TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please) - Page 205 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #2041 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE OH USA
Posts: 1,527
TJChurch is an after thoughtTJChurch is an after thought
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiefan View Post
I don't know why you even have an opinion on the matter since you don't watch The Walking Dead and probably don't follow its ratings. They don't take risks on zombie shows due to the high budgets, but they did with TWD and it had record breaking ratings for AMC. Now all of a sudden they want to make this Zombieland show and your telling me TWD had nothing to do with it? Even if you say that they were planning a Zombieland show first, fact is they didn't want to do it because they weren't sure it would be a success, and it is clear as day that they are greenlighting the project after seeing that there is a market for these shows, something they learned from TWD.
I don't recall asking what you know or don't know, probably b/c I don't care. As I've said, I haven't seen the "Walking Dead" or Zombieland shows, & so I don't have an opinion on them or follow their ratings. However, I am not entirely anti-zombie, did see the "Zombieland" movie, & do have an opinion on that. (This is not the place for that.)

You don't know how much of a risk the zombie show would have been when they originally considered it, if at all, or if that is a reason/the reason they didn't do it. However, now that they have seen the ratings for "Walking Dead", not to mention they already have a hit movie behind them, it certainly looks less-risky.

Let's not get into what "(I) say" about them planning a Zombieland show, as that is not speculation, but a fact. Let's also not state that the "Dead" ratings have all that much to do with them making the show now, as that on the other hand is speculation. (Watch it mean little when the cast of the movie is understandably not involved.)
TJChurch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #2042 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
eddiefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 2,228
eddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friends
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJChurch View Post
I don't recall asking what you know or don't know, probably b/c I don't care. As I've said, I haven't seen the "Walking Dead" or Zombieland shows, & so I don't have an opinion on them or follow their ratings. However, I am not entirely anti-zombie, did see the "Zombieland" movie, & do have an opinion on that. (This is not the place for that.)

You don't know how much of a risk the zombie show would have been when they originally considered it, if at all, or if that is a reason/the reason they didn't do it. However, now that they have seen the ratings for "Walking Dead", not to mention they already have a hit movie behind them, it certainly looks less-risky.

Let's not get into what "(I) say" about them planning a Zombieland show, as that is not speculation, but a fact. Let's also not state that the "Dead" ratings have all that much to do with them making the show now, as that on the other hand is speculation. (Watch it mean little when the cast of the movie is understandably not involved.)
You just agreed to what I was trying to say right there.
__________________
eddiefan is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #2043 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NE OH USA
Posts: 1,527
TJChurch is an after thoughtTJChurch is an after thought
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiefan View Post
You just agreed to what I was trying to say right there.
Outside of the fact a lot of what you said was "Chicken or the egg" claims that weren't true about the Zombieland movie-vs-show debate.

"Walking Dead" probably seemed like less of a risk due to the Zombieland movie (among other things), much the way "Twilight" & the like help back "Vampire Diaries". However, that doesn't mean that networks would greenlight all zombie shows. It also helps they probably have a lot of the same crew, & perhaps characters, etc. involved as the hit movie, which they (of course) didn't the first time.
TJChurch is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #2044 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,374
Killswitch Stunner needs to take rep more seriousKillswitch Stunner needs to take rep more seriousKillswitch Stunner needs to take rep more seriousKillswitch Stunner needs to take rep more seriousKillswitch Stunner needs to take rep more seriousKillswitch Stunner needs to take rep more seriousKillswitch Stunner needs to take rep more serious
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Hell on Wheels looks pretty good. I might also rent Treme, never seen that but it was several actors I know in it so I might like it.
Killswitch Stunner is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #2045 (permalink)
All in the reflexes
 
Bubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the Mouth of Madness
Posts: 7,872
Bubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselves
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
season 4 of The Wire is the best season of any show ever, closely followed by season 2.

Best version of Way Down In the Hole is S1, though.
Holy shit, jawbreaker!

I agree with season 4 of the show being the best overall season of anything ever lol. I have yet to see any of Breaking Bad though.

I strated The Sopranos years ago, but never finished it, I don't think I ever got into it. Tastes have changed though so I'm going to start it again soon.
Bubz is online now  
Old 10-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #2046 (permalink)
Hunter of Invisible Game
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Posts: 33,207
McQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on rep
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

I liked season 1 of the Wire more than season 4, but its pretty damn close.
__________________
McQueen is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #2047 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
eddiefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 2,228
eddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friends
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Definitely watch Breaking Bad. Only show that can match up to The Wire for the 'best TV show of all time' title.
__________________
eddiefan is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 04:36 AM   #2048 (permalink)
Sorry bout your damn luck
 
J-Rokk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 3,483
J-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselves
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiefan View Post
Definitely watch Breaking Bad. Only show that can match up to The Wire for the 'best TV show of all time' title.
Ok, I have not been keeping up with TV shows for the past few years now with the exception of B Bad and Justified.

The Wire is an HBO original, correct? Is is a good show?

I'm just now starting to watch Sons of Anarchy and am enjoying it so far.
__________________
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead


- True Story -


X-Box 360 gamertag: xXFin4l BossXx
Add me if you wish - currently playing: Rage & Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

"I can't tell you not to drink and do drugs, cause they are fun. It's fun. They were, but what sucks is when you want to quit and you can't." - Scott Hall
J-Rokk is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 04:56 AM   #2049 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
eddiefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 2,228
eddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friendseddiefan needs to make some friends
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

The Wire is an HBO original and one of the best TV shows ever made. Highly recommend it.
__________________
eddiefan is offline  
Old 10-19-2011, 05:06 AM   #2050 (permalink)
Sorry bout your damn luck
 
J-Rokk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 3,483
J-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselvesJ-Rokk is making a name for themselves
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Spot on, I will definitely check it out as soon as I can eddiefan.
__________________
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead


- True Story -


X-Box 360 gamertag: xXFin4l BossXx
Add me if you wish - currently playing: Rage & Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

"I can't tell you not to drink and do drugs, cause they are fun. It's fun. They were, but what sucks is when you want to quit and you can't." - Scott Hall
J-Rokk is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios