The Book thread. - Page 64 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #631 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Issues_Sunshyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,976
Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Its not that confusing until you get to the million Walder Freys.
Is that Game of Thrones?
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #632 (permalink)
Hunter of Invisible Game
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: highway jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Posts: 32,783
McQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on repMcQueen whored out on rep
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

Yeah.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner beat me up View Post
just saw hunger games 2, sucked major dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
Should've been paying attention to the film instead
McQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #633 (permalink)
GOLD
 
MrMister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Book of Love
Posts: 26,495
MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000MrMister 23501 - 24000
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshi View Post
Currently read: Omen Machine (T.Gookind) and not liking it
Favorite Authors : Robin Hobb, George RR Martin.
Books I'm looking forward to : Martin's last 2 books!
Favourite ever books : The Farseer Saga from RObin Hobb.

As for how much I read: every time I have a chance, seriously, I can't think of a life without books. I'm a slow reader thought, I enjoy every single word when i like a book and I don't care about ending it soon, and yes again, I would chose a book over a movie easily when i'm alone (a movie is better when you are with other people for obvious reasons ^^)
Did you read the Sword of Truth series? If so, why would you ever pick up another Goodkind book again?

It's funny I stumbled on these books the other day as I was going through old stuff. I never even got to the parts where Richard murders pacifists. The chicken that wasn't a chicken, but was pure EVIL is what did me in. So much rape in those books too wtf.
__________________
MrMister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #634 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
LifeInCattleClass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 925
LifeInCattleClass 251 - 500LifeInCattleClass 251 - 500LifeInCattleClass 251 - 500LifeInCattleClass 251 - 500LifeInCattleClass 251 - 500
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

big thread - not reading through the whole thing yet, so thought I would just answer OP to contribute.

What are you currently reading?
Finished the Song of Fire and Ice series 3 months ago by GRR Martin. Currently reading the Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo - up to Redeemer

Who are your favourite authors?
Dean Koontz, Douglas Adams, GRR Martin, Nesbo is also pretty good. tomorrow I'll have a whole other list

Any books your looking forward to?
ehhh... not currently

Favourite ever books?
wooohh...Hitchhiker's guide, Hideaway

How often do you read?
Every day if I can

How many books do you read?
How long is a piece of string

Do you believe the merits of books outweight the merits of movies?
mmmm...I believe they can't be compared. each has it's own merits. All I know is that it is difficult to write a book. I have had one in the Kindle store for over a year now. Was supposed to finish the second one end of last year - just too tough.
LifeInCattleClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #635 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Issues_Sunshyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,976
Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInCattleClass View Post
big thread - not reading through the whole thing yet, so thought I would just answer OP to contribute.

What are you currently reading?
Finished the Song of Fire and Ice series 3 months ago by GRR Martin. Currently reading the Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo - up to Redeemer

Who are your favourite authors?
Dean Koontz, Douglas Adams, GRR Martin, Nesbo is also pretty good. tomorrow I'll have a whole other list

Any books your looking forward to?
ehhh... not currently

Favourite ever books?
wooohh...Hitchhiker's guide, Hideaway

How often do you read?
Every day if I can

How many books do you read?
How long is a piece of string

Do you believe the merits of books outweight the merits of movies?
mmmm...I believe they can't be compared. each has it's own merits. All I know is that it is difficult to write a book. I have had one in the Kindle store for over a year now. Was supposed to finish the second one end of last year - just too tough.
Each time someone mentions the original post it reminds me of the fact I missed at least one "you're", and what seriously was the points in the quatatios round the word Book?? Haha

Cattle, howmdidmyour books turn out? I'm toying with the idea of writing one, but never have the patience.

Does anyone know how I change the title of this thread?

And is anyone interested in a book club? Short stories or something?
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #636 (permalink)
Faith and a .45
 
Hit-Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DO YOU THINK ME WICKED?
Posts: 9,886
Hit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on repHit-Girl whored out on rep
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues_Sunshyne View Post
Each time someone mentions the original post it reminds me of the fact I missed at least one "you're", and what seriously was the points in the quatatios round the word Book?? Haha

Cattle, howmdidmyour books turn out? I'm toying with the idea of writing one, but never have the patience.

Does anyone know how I change the title of this thread?

And is anyone interested in a book club? Short stories or something?
Not sure what you wanted changed but I took the quotation marks out.

But here's how you can edit your own thread title. You go to the very first post, click on Edit then click on Go Advanced and there should be an option for you to edit the title.
__________________






Hit-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #637 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Issues_Sunshyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,976
Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000
Default Re: The "Book" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCroft View Post
Not sure what you wanted changed but I took the quotation marks out.

But here's how you can edit your own thread title. You go to the very first post, click on Edit then click on Go Advanced and there should be an option for you to edit the title.
Ahh is it as easy as that? Thanks LadyCroft! I think it's fine now without the quotations, thanks again!
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #638 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
kusksu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: malta
Posts: 1,331
kusksu 1001 - 1500kusksu 1001 - 1500kusksu 1001 - 1500kusksu 1001 - 1500kusksu 1001 - 1500kusksu 1001 - 1500kusksu 1001 - 1500kusksu 1001 - 1500kusksu 1001 - 1500
Default Re: The Book thread.

So whats everyone's favorite George Orwell novel?

1984 is probably my favorite book of all time,just mindblowing throughout. Animal Farm is obviously great too.

I'm reading Coming Up For Air now, and i'm enjoying it so far although it hasn't grabbed me like the previous two
kusksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #639 (permalink)
Rage and Love the Story of My Life...
 
Titania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,836
Titania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red reppedTitania needs to be red repped
Default Re: The Book thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusksu View Post
So whats everyone's favorite George Orwell novel?

1984 is probably my favorite book of all time,just mindblowing throughout. Animal Farm is obviously great too.

I'm reading Coming Up For Air now, and i'm enjoying it so far although it hasn't grabbed me like the previous two
Easily 1984. Quite an achievement, indeed. Though I liked Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 and Huxley's Brave New World also, I found Orwell's dystopian novel to be more haunting, thought-provoking and something that just stays with you, even long after finishing the novel.
__________________
Titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #640 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Issues_Sunshyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,976
Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000Issues_Sunshyne 2501 - 3000
Default Re: The Book thread.

I went though a phase of reading the classics when I was 16, and after reading Lord of The Flies and Clockwork Orange, 1984 just didn't grab me. I think Im definitely going to pick it up again though. I reckon I only got in about 50 pages.

Short stories then... Anybody interested in a book club?
Issues_Sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios