Anime Discussion Thread - Page 61 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #601 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 PM
I RUPTURED A DISK WHICH FRAGMENTED INTO MY SPINAL COLUMN
 
Shinigami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

I hate 4Kids. In Japan, Yu-Gi-Oh was a respectable show, it was very dark had a deep storyline. But 4Kids butchered the shit out of and ruined it.

Anyway, has anyone seen Blood+? If so, what did you think, I've seen a little bit of it on AS, but I'm not sure if I should start watching it or not.


JamesSnow422
Shinigami is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NFR-
Quality Anime in relation to anything like SF is quite hard to find.

I have a quick question. What is it that you liked about SF? The fighting? If so, I can recommend plenty action filled Anime.

Just let me know, though.
Actually not really. The fighting in the SF V series was rather dull I thought or to repetitive. I think the only good fight in the series was Ken vs. Vega. What I liked was the story and the use of multiple characters that all basically had detailed stories to them and how they all kind of functioned together. That is why I tend to like the fighting video games which gives each the fighters a bio and story to the whole thing. I'm sure with the SF V series though it really helped and had me interested in it more than most since I know the stories to the characters from the game.

I don't know much about the Dragonball Z but I've seen little things here and there and even the game but it just never really draws in my attention to it.
LawOutlaw is offline  
post #603 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawOutlaw
Actually not really. The fighting in the SF V series was rather dull I thought or to repetitive. I think the only good fight in the series was Ken vs. Vega. What I liked was the story and the use of multiple characters that all basically had detailed stories to them and how they all kind of functioned together. That is why I tend to like the fighting video games which gives each the fighters a bio and story to the whole thing. I'm sure with the SF V series though it really helped and had me interested in it more than most since I know the stories to the characters from the game.

I don't know much about the Dragonball Z but I've seen little things here and there and even the game but it just never really draws in my attention to it.
Oh my, your description on why you enjoyed Street Fighter is almost identical to why I love Bleach so much.

I am just going to go ahead and put it out there. I am recommending Bleach. It has so many great characters and the back-story detail is amazing. From what I have read from you(not just these posts) I honestly think it would be a great choice for you.

If you are indeed interested, all episodes are available via my Bleach Fan Site. www.bleachexile.com.

Though, we don't host the dubbed episodes. Though, I am sure you would enjoy the subbed episodes even more.

Once you register, there is a taskbar that spans the whole left side of the page. All episodes are under 'Bleach Anime Downloads'. We have them in AVI/MP4/RMVB formats.

If you need/want anymore information about the site/Anime, feel free to private message me!

Nearô is offline  
post #604 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Es.
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

My questions have bin answered about Eureka Seven. Thanks wikipedia!

BTW I watched Death Note on adultswim.com the night before it aired. Ryuk sounded great if you ask me. The dubbing was fine. You want to know what bad dubbing is? Lulz, Watch Ninja Scroll the movie.
Es. is offline  
post #605 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 09:18 PM
°Ole! °Ole! °Ole!
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,658
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NFR-
So do I.

Seph, did you watch Death Note on AS? If so, what did you think of the dubbing?
i didn't watch all of it. i watched when Ryuk left the Shinigami world and when he met Light. that's it. the dubbing seemed fine and actually quite good. the only problem is that the little subtleties that come with the japanese language aren't ever translated well.

also from the part i saw of Light writing named in the Note, it seemed less dramatic. i'm actually dreading seeing Mikami Teru yelling "ELIMINATE!" instead of "SAKIJO!"
Sephiroth is offline  
post #606 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Is Bleach a still continuing show with new episodes? Unfortunately for me I would much rather take dub over sub titles. It is like that for me even with movies. I don't know it just feels like I'm missing out on the actual video when having to read along with the sub. Does Bleach have the dub on DVD? If so I could always look into it through DVD.

Another thing with Manga/Anime is I enjoy a certain form of graphic work. I don't know if I can explain it well. I've heard it is actually part of the difference between Manga and Anime. I prefer a much more colorful, detailed form of the work. It also tends to be a more realistic character look and not so much like a cartoon. That is what I prefer, I'm not sure if thats really the difference between Manga and Anime or not, someone could clarify that for me better.

To kind of show the difference I'm talking about, here is the SF which is very rich and detailed.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Here is just an quick example I could find of something a little more dull and cartoonish.

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/wildarms-.../anime-010.jpg
LawOutlaw is offline  
post #607 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawOutlaw
Is Bleach a still continuing show with new episodes? Unfortunately for me I would much rather take dub over sub titles. It is like that for me even with movies. I don't know it just feels like I'm missing out on the actual video when having to read along with the sub. Does Bleach have the dub on DVD? If so I could always look into it through DVD.

Another thing with Manga/Anime is I enjoy a certain form of graphic work. I don't know if I can explain it well. I've heard it is actually part of the difference between Manga and Anime. I prefer a much more colorful, detailed form of the work. It also tends to be a more realistic character look and not so much like a cartoon. That is what I prefer, I'm not sure if thats really the difference between Manga and Anime or not, someone could clarify that for me better.

To kind of show the difference I'm talking about, here is the SF which is very rich and detailed.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Here is just an quick example I could find of something a little more dull and cartoonish.

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/wildarms-.../anime-010.jpg

Bleach has been dubbed up to Episode 52, in English. I would suggest checking it out on Veoh. I know for a fact that all 52 are on there.

Yes, some Bleach is out on US dvd. I am not quite sure up to what episode.

EDIT: Yes, the show is still continuing. Its subbed version is released after Wednesday Night, or early Thursday.


Last edited by Nearô; 10-21-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Nearô is offline  
post #608 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
°Ole! °Ole! °Ole!
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,658
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawOutlaw
Is Bleach a still continuing show with new episodes? Unfortunately for me I would much rather take dub over sub titles. It is like that for me even with movies. I don't know it just feels like I'm missing out on the actual video when having to read along with the sub. Does Bleach have the dub on DVD? If so I could always look into it through DVD.

Another thing with Manga/Anime is I enjoy a certain form of graphic work. I don't know if I can explain it well. I've heard it is actually part of the difference between Manga and Anime. I prefer a much more colorful, detailed form of the work. It also tends to be a more realistic character look and not so much like a cartoon. That is what I prefer, I'm not sure if thats really the difference between Manga and Anime or not, someone could clarify that for me better.

To kind of show the difference I'm talking about, here is the SF which is very rich and detailed.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Here is just an quick example I could find of something a little more dull and cartoonish.

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/wildarms-.../anime-010.jpg
if you like very good quality drawing and art to the point that it's breathtaking, then Death Note has that in spades. so much detail and great drawings and just surreal images. it's probably one of the most stylish shows i've seen. Ghost in the Shell: SAC and the second movie have great animation, but i can't recommend them tho.

also have you ever seen any Hiyao Miyazaki films? his films are of the utmost quality (quality meaning not just animation and artwork, but story, characters, set pieces, etc. his movies are the total package).

also since you liked SF 2, have you seen the movie? and i highly recommend Trigun. the art might be a little dated, but it's a top notch anime.

edit: have any of you seen Voices of a Distant Star? i heart that little anime movie so much
Sephiroth is offline  
post #609 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
if you like very good quality drawing and art to the point that it's breathtaking, then Death Note has that in spades. so much detail and great drawings and just surreal images. it's probably one of the most stylish shows i've seen. Ghost in the Shell: SAC and the second movie have great animation, but i can't recommend them tho.

also have you ever seen any Hiyao Miyazaki films? his films are of the utmost quality (quality meaning not just animation and artwork, but story, characters, set pieces, etc. his movies are the total package).

also since you liked SF 2, have you seen the movie? and i highly recommend Trigun. the art might be a little dated, but it's a top notch anime.

edit: have any of you seen Voices of a Distant Star? i heart that little anime movie so much
He is quite new to Anime, that's the main reason I didn't recommend Death Note.

Also, he highly prefers dubbed over subbed. So, only 1 episode of Death Note would be available.

Though, I do agree with your recommendation of Trigun. The whole series is dubbed, its a great show, and its all out on DVD.

Nearô is offline  
post #610 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Yeah as -NFR- pointed out I'm absolutely brand new to the whole anime/manga and don't have a clue as to basically anything thats out there. As for the street fighter, I've seen the movie. Well I've actually seen both the anime movie and the van dam movie....hehe Either way I did actually enjoy both of those as well. Even though the Van Dam movie was ridiculously cheesie it was still entertaining especially with guys like Zangief.......hehe.

I did see Street Fighter II Alpha though and I was not to pleased with that one. I didn't even make it through the whole thing as I just lost interest as it went on. If I remember right though that is a good example of the kind of manga/anime difference that I didn't like. The Alpha one had a much different look than the movie and the V series. It also seemed like they either went with a different approach or story in the Alpha one.
LawOutlaw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome