Anime Discussion Thread - Page 59 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:20 AM   #581 (permalink)
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,291
Nearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticViper2000
Nice coincidence; saw this thread appear on the main page, with me just having watch the first ten minutes or so of the show on Adult Swim (the name "Death Note" or w/e it was grabbed my attention). Couldn't help but to stay through and watch what goes on in this show, and I must say I'm impressed - and I'm far from an Anime fan as I've never really gotten into it, so that's obviously saying something. And one more thing - didn't the screen actually read "The human whose voice is written in this note shall die", rather than "... disappear"? If not, then maybe I'm just seeing things, but it's nothing surprising given that I'm here, sitting down, all in exhaustion and sleepiness from work.
Yes, it usually says the human will die. Also, it usually says Death Note. I am sure they did the editing because it is on the kids station.

I am going to warn you, PV2000. The majority of us have seen the Death Note series all the way through. It is finished in Japan, and we have seen the subbed version. So, stay clear of spoilers!

Also, welcome to the thread! Hopefully you can become an Anime fan!
__________________
Nearô is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-21-2007, 12:25 AM   #582 (permalink)
Genius has side effects.
 
zergling_seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto Cana-DUH
Posts: 5,165
zergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselveszergling_seb is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

You will also notice the skull symbol is no longer on the book.

Fuck you, 4kids.


Last edited by zergling_seb : 10-21-2007 at 12:32 AM.
zergling_seb is offline  
Old 10-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #583 (permalink)
Used to be called Spiderman in 7th grade.
 
Isotopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,371
Isotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a pushIsotopes is getting a push
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Maybe, just maybe that may happen, and if it actually does, I wouldn't be surprised given how much I just couldn't stay away for those ten minutes. Because of that, the show itself has gotten itself an accomplishment - that being making yours truly a fan of it.

In terms of television, does it come on regularly? If so, during what times? What networks? Why am I asking so many goddamn questions?
__________________
Isotopes is offline  
Old 10-21-2007, 12:35 AM   #584 (permalink)
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,291
Nearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticViper2000
Maybe, just maybe that may happen, and if it actually does, I wouldn't be surprised given how much I just couldn't stay away for those ten minutes. Because of that, the show itself has gotten itself an accomplishment - that being making yours truly a fan of it.

In terms of television, does it come on regularly? If so, during what times? What networks? Why am I asking so many goddamn questions?

Tonight was the first night it has been broadcasted in the US. It will play every Saturday night at midnight EST on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network.

It has 37 episodes total. The last episode was aired in Japan on July 27th. So, the series will run all the way through on Adult Swim until it is finished.
__________________
Nearô is offline  
Old 10-21-2007, 02:05 AM   #585 (permalink)
MMA
Banned
 
MMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: THIS POLLUTED HELLHOLE WE CALL EARTH
Posts: 4,578
MMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth readingMMA has posts worth reading
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Man still after all these years I love Gundam Wing and DBZ, just brings back a nostalgic feeling ya know?
MMA is offline  
Old 10-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #586 (permalink)
Es.
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,414
Es. is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Hay NRF (Or anybody who knows a lot about anime shows) I was wondering...Do you know any good websites that have great eps recaps? I have a few questions about the final eps of Eureka Seven. BTW have you seen all 50 eps? Did you understand the ending? If so can I ask you the questions?
Es. is offline  
Old 10-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #587 (permalink)
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,291
Nearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by SeabsNearô is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TCEs.]
Hay NRF (Or anybody who knows a lot about anime shows) I was wondering...Do you know any good websites that have great eps recaps? I have a few questions about the final eps of Eureka Seven. BTW have you seen all 50 eps? Did you understand the ending? If so can I ask you the questions?
Nope, I haven't seen all the episodes of Eureka Seven. So I really can't answer any questions about the storyline.

As far as episodes recaps, I could probably find you some text ones. I doubt there are an video recaps(besides the ones at the beginning of episodes) around. I will peak around for an episode summary in a little bit.
__________________
Nearô is offline  
Old 10-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #588 (permalink)
Es.
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,414
Es. is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NFR-
Nope, I haven't seen all the episodes of Eureka Seven. So I really can't answer any questions about the storyline.

As far as episodes recaps, I could probably find you some text ones. I doubt there are an video recaps(besides the ones at the beginning of episodes) around. I will peak around for an episode summary in a little bit.
Yeah, I want a episode summary in text. I wanted some peoples thoughts on the meaning behind some of the dialogue/story in the final episode. The last episode is a little confusing and I want to read something that will straighten it out for me.
Es. is offline  
Old 10-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #589 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,256
LawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth readingLawOutlaw has posts worth reading
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Well I am new to the Anime/Manga world. However I did watch the whole Street Fighter II V series which I actually enjoyed. Probably because I have always liked the Street Fighter games and series. I also watched the Tekken anime but was a bit disappointed with that one. I really didn't like the fact they only made one for it while they could of done more with it and even left off at the end of the first one like there was going to be another.

However I don't really know much about what is out there but I do have an interest in things of that storyline or genre. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other anime/manga that might be similar to the Street Fighter II V series. I would prefer something in english or english dub.
LawOutlaw is offline  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #590 (permalink)
Es.
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,414
Es. is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawOutlaw
Well I am new to the Anime/Manga world. However I did watch the whole Street Fighter II V series which I actually enjoyed. Probably because I have always liked the Street Fighter games and series. I also watched the Tekken anime but was a bit disappointed with that one. I really didn't like the fact they only made one for it while they could of done more with it and even left off at the end of the first one like there was going to be another.

However I don't really know much about what is out there but I do have an interest in things of that storyline or genre. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other anime/manga that might be similar to the Street Fighter II V series. I would prefer something in english or english dub.
Ninja Scroll
Rurouni Kenshin

you may enjoy.
Es. is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios