Anime Discussion Thread - Page 43 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #421 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

A lot of Anime's follow a Manga. The best description of a Manga I could give you is a comic book.

Once the story runs out in a Manga, it usually stops at the same point with an Anime.

Basically, Anime's are meant to tell a certain story and that's it. In Japan there are plenty of other types of shows to bring in ratings.

Most companies don't focus on ratings for revenue. They focus on Dvd box sets and merchandise.


Last edited by Nearô; 10-01-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Nearô is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #422 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
MERRY JUNKMAS
 
frosty, the Xmas junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
                     
Post Re: Anime Discussion Thread

I may be one of the minority but I enjoy watching Anime in English, but yes I do prefer it subbed.

Anyways when is Shipuuden 29 and Naruto 106 dubbed gonna be out?

I'm also gonna start episode 7 of Death Note pretty good show so far.

frosty, the Xmas Junkie, had a very white nose
he snorted lines all the f'ing time, and slept with many hoes!!



Last edited by frosty, the Xmas junkie; 10-01-2007 at 03:05 PM.
frosty, the Xmas junkie is offline  
post #423 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalX
I may be one of the minority but I enjoy watching Anime in English, but yes I do prefer it subbed.

Anyways when is Shipuuden 29 and Naruto 106 dubbed gonna be out?
I just checked Veoh for the 106th episode of Naruto, dubbed, and it has been released. The release date was the 24th of September.

If you are looking for Naruto Ship episode 29, subbed, you are behind a little. I found up to 30 on Veoh.

Nearô is offline  
post #424 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I RUPTURED A DISK WHICH FRAGMENTED INTO MY SPINAL COLUMN
 
Shinigami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NFR-
A lot of Anime's follow a Manga. The best description of a Manga I could give you is a comic book.

Once the story runs out in a Manga, it usually stops at the same point with an Anime.

Basically, Anime's are meant to tell a certain story and that's it. In Japan there are plenty of other types of shows to bring in ratings.

Most companies don't focus on ratings for revenue. They focus on Dvd box sets and merchandise.
I wish American TV was more like that. Lots of good shows get ruined because they try and milk them until theres nothing left and nobody is watching *coughsimpsonscough*


JamesSnow422
Shinigami is offline  
post #425 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Oh my fucking gosh.

I found Viz's Death Note website. http://deathnote.viz.com/

I watched the third trailer and Light's voice is freaking terrible. I am seriously scared to watch any of the others.

I am pretty sure Death Note is officially slaughtered.

Nearô is offline  
post #426 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 PM
MERRY JUNKMAS
 
frosty, the Xmas junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
                     
Post Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NFR-
I just checked Veoh for the 106th episode of Naruto, dubbed, and it has been released. The release date was the 24th of September.

If you are looking for Naruto Ship episode 29, subbed, you are behind a little. I found up to 30 on Veoh.
Damn it I need a new site to watch Naruto mine isn't updated.

I actually don't mind watching Naruto dubbed but that about the only show except maybe Bleach that I can watch dubbed the rest are just horrible.

frosty, the Xmas Junkie, had a very white nose
he snorted lines all the f'ing time, and slept with many hoes!!


frosty, the Xmas junkie is offline  
post #427 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalX
Damn it I need a new site to watch Naruto mine isn't updated.

I actually don't mind watching Naruto dubbed but that about the only show except maybe Bleach that I can watch dubbed the rest are just horrible.

Use Veoh. It has new episodes added to the site a couple hours after they are released.

I use Veoh for anything I don't plan on rewatching. With Veoh you can do both, download it or watch it on the site.

Nearô is offline  
post #428 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
MERRY JUNKMAS
 
frosty, the Xmas junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
                     
Smile Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NFR-
Use Veoh. It has new episodes added to the site a couple hours after they are released.

I use Veoh for anything I don't plan on rewatching. With Veoh you can do both, download it or watch it on the site.
Yea thks, only problem is I like rewatching Naruto considering its my favorite Anime so I like having the direct link so I can rewatch it later.

frosty, the Xmas Junkie, had a very white nose
he snorted lines all the f'ing time, and slept with many hoes!!


frosty, the Xmas junkie is offline  
post #429 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalX
Yea thks, only problem is I like rewatching Naruto considering its my favorite Anime so I like having the direct link so I can rewatch it later.

I really don't understand how this is any different.

You could keep a direct link to the video, or even download it.

Nearô is offline  
post #430 of 5546 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:58 PM
MERRY JUNKMAS
 
frosty, the Xmas junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,961
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
                     
Smile Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NFR-
I really don't understand how this is any different.

You could keep a direct link to the video, or even download it.
Yea ok I might do that thks for your help.

frosty, the Xmas Junkie, had a very white nose
he snorted lines all the f'ing time, and slept with many hoes!!


frosty, the Xmas junkie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome