Anime Discussion Thread - Page 41 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #401 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 08:58 PM
°Ole! °Ole! °Ole!
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,686
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ420
I finished up to episode 22, and don't get me wrong, I'm still really into it, I just liked it better when Light was Kira, and it was a battle of wits between L and Light, I just don't like this whole deal with the other Kira and this whole corporation thing.
watch episode 23 and then get back to me. you're outlook will be completely changed
Sephiroth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #402 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
watch episode 23 and then get back to me. you're outlook will be completely changed
Exactly, what Seph is telling you is on point.

Once you watch episode 23 all of your views will be changed.

Light L.

Nearô is offline  
post #403 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Es.
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Eureka Seven is probably the best Anime of all time

Ok, maybe not the best but, It's my #1 Favorite along with FMA, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy bebop, Last Exile and Hellsing.

Eureka Seven is probably my favorite out of the bunch I just named. It can go a little over the top with romance every now and then but, I couldn't care. The series is great!
Es. is offline  
post #404 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Rez
WWE Jobber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TCEs.]
Eureka Seven is probably the best Anime of all time

Ok, maybe not the best but, It's my #1 Favorite along with FMA, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy bebop, Last Exile and Hellsing.

Eureka Seven is probably my favorite out of the bunch I just named. It can go a little over the top with romance every now and then but, I couldn't care. The series is great!
Care to give us an idea of what it's about?
Rez is offline  
post #405 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 PM
°Ole! °Ole! °Ole!
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,686
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKZ
Care to give us an idea of what it's about?
overrated mecha anime
Sephiroth is offline  
post #406 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKZ
Care to give us an idea of what it's about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
overrated mecha anime

Once again, Seph hits the nail directly on the head.

Eureka 7 is decent, but if you rate Death Note a 10, Eureka would be about a 5 at best.

Nearô is offline  
post #407 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:39 PM
°Ole! °Ole! °Ole!
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,686
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Eureka Seven IS good tho. it's won tons of awards and shit. but it's nothing compared to Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Macross, Full Metal Panic, Big O, or even Patlabor.

it's worth checking out. if it's on Adult Swim, try it out. but don't go out of your way to see it.
Sephiroth is offline  
post #408 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
Eureka Seven IS good tho. it's won tons of awards and shit. but it's nothing compared to Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Macross, Full Metal Panic, Big O, or even Patlabor.

it's worth checking out. if it's on Adult Swim, try it out. but don't go out of your way to see it.
You know, Seph, I completely forgot about Big O. I have the whole series on DVD.

I really enjoyed Big O. I love the setting of it, his occupation, and many other things.

Nearô is offline  
post #409 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Es.
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Eureka Seven is not overrated. It's probably the second best Mecha Anime of all time (Neon Genesis is probably first). I'm glad that most of the japan and America Anime crowd agree with me on this. Eureka Seven is probably the biggest Anime in Japan of 2005 - 2006. I give it a 9.5/10. the whole robot idea is kinda generic but the story is amazing. That makes up for it. Plus the LFOs hold their own ground. Every character plays a part. All the characters have a complex personality. The build up for the final fight and villains is simply amazing. Better than most Anime series. It is probably my favorite show. I can't wait till they release a DVD box set. They still have to release the final 3 DVDs though. I only wish the show did better in America.

http://eureka7.bandai-ent.com/

Last edited by Es.; 09-30-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Es. is offline  
post #410 of 5546 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TCEs.]
Eureka Seven is not overrated. It's probably the second best Mecha Anime of all time (Neon Genesis is probably first). I'm glad that most of the japan and America Anime crowd agree with me on this. Eureka Seven is probably the biggest Anime in Japan of 2005 - 2006. I give it a 9.5/10. the whole robot idea is kinda generic but the story is amazing. That makes up for it. Plus the LFOs hold their own ground. Every character plays a part. All the characters have a complex personality. The build up for the final fight and villains is simply amazing. Better than most Anime series. It is probably my favorite show. I can't wait till they release a DVD box set. They still have to release the final 3 DVDs though.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I was just stating mine.

It seems you are really passionate, and really enjoy that anime. So that makes me pretty happy!

Oh, btw, any luck with my banner bud?

Nearô is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome