Anime Discussion Thread - Page 321 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3201 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,379
Points: 2,256
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

^Yeah, I can't really stand sub that much either, it does take your attention away from what's going on in that scene. Although some shows have such a bad dub that you have no choice but put on the subs.

The most badass MILF

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3202 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,321
Points: 19
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

I haven't ever really had trouble with distracting subtitles. I don't care so much about the voices as I do when something is dubbed and the translations are incorrect.

Death Note wasn't too bad of a dub. I remember when it was about to appear on Adult Swim and we all thought it was going to be terrible.

Speaking of Adult Swim, they should air Death Note again.

Nearô is offline  
post #3203 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Geralt The Riv
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 24,605
Points: 2,688
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

The only dubs I like are Death Note and Cowboy Bebop. Can't think of anything else.

Besides, this is much more epic in English.



Last edited by Sephiroth; 05-18-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Sephiroth is offline  
post #3204 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 12:20 AM
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost..
 
Hohenheim of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Little Planet
Posts: 16,351
Points: 1,528
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Epic isn't the word.

Hohenheim of Light is offline  
post #3205 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Geralt The Riv
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 24,605
Points: 2,688
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenheim of Light View Post
Epic isn't the word.
"Legs" is the word? Spread the word?

Sephiroth is offline  
post #3206 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,321
Points: 19
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The only dubs I like are Death Note and Cowboy Bebop. Can't think of anything else.

Besides, this is much more epic in English.

Oh God, I completely forgot about that scene.

Nearô is offline  
post #3207 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,379
Points: 2,256
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near™ View Post
I haven't ever really had trouble with distracting subtitles. I don't care so much about the voices as I do when something is dubbed and the translations are incorrect.

Death Note wasn't too bad of a dub. I remember when it was about to appear on Adult Swim and we all thought it was going to be terrible.

Speaking of Adult Swim, they should air Death Note again.
What about fansubs? Some of them are so annoying to read, the translations can be off, the spelling can be incorrect, and/or when the text (such as when fansubbers tell you what a word means in English) is covering the scene.

But then again not all fansubs are bad.

The most badass MILF

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
post #3208 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,321
Points: 19
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_VIK View Post
What about fansubs? Some of them are so annoying to read, the translations can be off, the spelling can be incorrect, and/or when the text (such as when fansubbers tell you what a word means in English) is covering the scene.

But then again not all fansubs are bad.
They are all fansubs unless it is released in English speaking DVD.

Nearô is offline  
post #3209 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Geralt The Riv
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 24,605
Points: 2,688
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

The only fansubs I remember annoying me were Magical Shopping Mall Abenobashi and Devil May Cry.

Sephiroth is offline  
post #3210 of 5546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 AM
BLUE IS BACK
 
Hiplop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Slightly better than you
Posts: 9,651
Points: 33
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearô View Post
Oh God, I completely forgot about that scene.
That scene had me was just so unexpected



what a BABE
Hiplop is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome