Anime Discussion Thread - Page 167 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1661 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a forever moving rubber room
Posts: 781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
s-Cry-ed is, to me, what Big O is to Blasko. With the same exception, a few episodes.

Not that I even bother watching AS for Anime, but they should go back to running Anime on weeknights. But I can't argue with a huge 5 hour block on Saturdays, just an inconvenient time, and an inconvenient day.
I haven't had a good night's sleep since they taken the anime off. And they keep pushing the Saturday anime block back for their other TV shows. Boondocks I'll accept, nobody can deny the anime base. But fuckin' King of the Hill? How in hades that show hasn't been canceled yet is beyond me! Get it off my channel! Get it off my TV!

Damn Hank Hill! Bring back Kazuma and Yusuke dammit!

"It's not so much as preventing insanity... As much as it is taking advantage of Insanity..."
- Hybird


[This is where I'd put one of my drawings I worked hard on in my sig, but since I'd have to spring five bucks to do so, I'll just put me photobucket link here.]

Hybird's Photobucket
Hybird's Deviant Art
(Better work is in my deviant...)
Hybird is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1662 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Men of Mayhem
 
Nearô's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybird View Post
I haven't had a good night's sleep since they taken the anime off. And they keep pushing the Saturday anime block back for their other TV shows. Boondocks I'll accept, nobody can deny the anime base. But fuckin' King of the Hill? How in hades that show hasn't been canceled yet is beyond me! Get it off my channel! Get it off my TV!

Damn Hank Hill! Bring back Kazuma and Yusuke dammit!
I enjoy King of the Hill, and hell, it got Adult Swim back to the 10 spot.

I enjoy Boondocks, KoTH, Family Guy, Robot Chicken and that's about it. The rest of that garbage can gtfo.

Nearô is offline  
post #1663 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Ippo > TNA
 
Blasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kawadaverse.
Posts: 6,454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

I can only sit threw King of the Hill and Robot Chicken. You guy got it lucky.

Who cares?

I remember the golden years.
Blasko is offline  
post #1664 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Da' Maniac loves you
 
AlwaysSunny For AIW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lansdowne, PA. A place that's right next to Philadelphia. Where It's Always Sunny...
Posts: 9,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Looked at more then a few One Piece episodes in the last week or so. I like the animation and the fun style of characters. But the length of series might be a problem for me to see it all really. 385 episodes is too long today for me to stick with that anime.

I also got to watching the beginning of my Cell Games pack of DBZ. It's pretty damn awful start. I have no memory of it like that when I was a younger but the episodes with the stories of Goku searching for the dragon balls and Goku & Gohan laying on their asses/relax to prepare for Cell are some of the WORSE episodes that I maybe ever seen in an anime. I wonder if the manga is any better for the saga.

Ugh, anyway my ass should of stopped at the Andriod Saga for this series. When I found things decent with the story they had and I kept going.

Last edited by AlwaysSunny For AIW; 01-20-2009 at 04:16 PM.
AlwaysSunny For AIW is offline  
post #1665 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Hi everybody! New to the fourms and I wanted to ask of any good action anime shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIW View Post
I also got to watching the beginning of my Cell Games pack of DBZ. It's pretty damn awful start. I have no memory of it like that when I was a younger but the episodes with the stories of Goku searching for the dragon balls and Goku & Gohan laying on their asses/relax to prepare for Cell are some of the WORSE episodes that I maybe ever seen in an anime. I wonder if the manga is any better for the saga.
OMG are you talking about the orange DVD packs of Dragon Ball Z? I have some of those. they are awesome. The manga is better for the Cell Games as it doesnt have the filler junk like Hercule being in it and what you were talking about. The anime show doesn't capture the Z series well like the manga does
AnimeNut is offline  
post #1666 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Da' Maniac loves you
 
AlwaysSunny For AIW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lansdowne, PA. A place that's right next to Philadelphia. Where It's Always Sunny...
Posts: 9,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNut View Post
Hi everybody! New to the fourms and I wanted to ask of any good action anime shows.
Hello. If you like DBZ, you should try the show these guys above were talking about in Yu Yu Hakusho. Such a fun show.

Quote:
OMG are you talking about the orange DVD packs of Dragon Ball Z? I have some of those. they are awesome. The manga is better for the Cell Games as it doesnt have the filler junk like Hercule being in it and what you were talking about. The anime show doesn't capture the Z series well like the manga does
Yeah, I was talking about those packs. I'm in love with them because they are more affordable and Funimation don't go to do the three or four episode for 20 or more bucks crap with the series now. Also, I'd probably look for the manga then. Some moments in between that I like but some others I can't stand in the Cell Games (same can be said for the Frieza saga). That and it has very little Vegeta (me don't like).

Last edited by AlwaysSunny For AIW; 01-20-2009 at 08:32 PM.
AlwaysSunny For AIW is offline  
post #1667 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Hehe Vegeta fan. Piccolo is my fav then after would be Vegeta.

Thx for the suggestion of a show.
AnimeNut is offline  
post #1668 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Da' Maniac loves you
 
AlwaysSunny For AIW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lansdowne, PA. A place that's right next to Philadelphia. Where It's Always Sunny...
Posts: 9,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeNut View Post
Hehe Vegeta fan. Piccolo is my fav then after would be Vegeta.

Thx for the suggestion of a show.
Vegeta is about 90% of the reason why I even enjoy DBZ today and btw no problem.
AlwaysSunny For AIW is offline  
post #1669 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a forever moving rubber room
Posts: 781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
I enjoy King of the Hill, and hell, it got Adult Swim back to the 10 spot.

I enjoy Boondocks, KoTH, Family Guy, Robot Chicken and that's about it. The rest of that garbage can gtfo.
The chicken is a hit and miss for me, King of the Hill should have been trash-canned years ago (only time I can bare that series is when the old man, who's name I can't remember, goes on a rampage,) Family Guy was better before it was initially canceled, Boondocks is great, only reason Clerks was canceled after six episodes is because the network it was originally on were full of idiots, Oblongs is another hit or miss, and aside from the disastrous last season, Aqua Teen Hunger force is a funny series.

And by the way, who's the SoB that made Perfect Hair Forever?! They need to be hurt, badly. That was an insult to animation as a whole, not just anime.

"It's not so much as preventing insanity... As much as it is taking advantage of Insanity..."
- Hybird


[This is where I'd put one of my drawings I worked hard on in my sig, but since I'd have to spring five bucks to do so, I'll just put me photobucket link here.]

Hybird's Photobucket
Hybird's Deviant Art
(Better work is in my deviant...)
Hybird is offline  
post #1670 of 5546 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
bjnelson19705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A House
Posts: 8,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: Anime Discussion Thread

First time entering the Anime thread.

Would like to ask what kind of anime girls do you guys like

Mine are:

Ruri (Nadesico)
Ryoko and Sakuya (Tenchi in Tokyo)
Rei and Asuka (Evangelion)
Lark and Nono (Diebuster)
Yoko and Nia (Gurren Lagann)
Haruko and Kitsurabi(FLCL)

too many to list.
bjnelson19705 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome