Anime Discussion Thread - Page 166 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #1651 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,104
Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Speaking of favorite mangas, mine would have to be Akira, and Battle Angel Alita. Those two mangas are pretty damn brutal. I never understood why Battle Angel Alita couldn't be made into a tv series?
__________________

Believe in the Shield, Bitch

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #1652 (permalink)
SAMCRO
 
Near™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,190
Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_VIK View Post
Speaking of favorite mangas, mine would have to be Akira, and Battle Angel Alita. Those two mangas are pretty damn brutal. I never understood why Battle Angel Alita couldn't be made into a tv series?
Two of the manga volumes were released as an Anime, on DVD, in the US and the UK, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, they were. I found a few sites on the web with them for sale.
__________________
Near™ is offline  
Old 01-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #1653 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a forever moving rubber room
Posts: 779
Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
I couldn't sleep last night, and I ended up watching Adult Swim's Anime Block for the first time in a few years.

I forgot how much Big O appeared to suck, but really didn't. Memories.....
That was the really weird thing about Big O. Everybody hated it at first. It was almost as bad as looking at Kissy Crush (that's right Blasko, I made a reference joke towards one of your rants!) But after, maybe a year since it premiered on [AS], it was pretty interesting to watch. Blue Gender and s-CRY-ed had the same effect, except Blue Gender never really recovered because of it was heavily censored (so I've heard.)
__________________
"It's not so much as preventing insanity... As much as it is taking advantage of Insanity..."
- Hybird


[This is where I'd put one of my drawings I worked hard on in my sig, but since I'd have to spring five bucks to do so, I'll just put me photobucket link here.]

Hybird's Photobucket
Hybird's Deviant Art
(Better work is in my deviant...)
Hybird is offline  
Old 01-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #1654 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,104
Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500Omega_VIK 6001 - 6500
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
Two of the manga volumes were released as an Anime, on DVD, in the US and the UK, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, they were. I found a few sites on the web with them for sale.
Well, that's OVA episodes. I'm saying make Battle Angel into a tv series. At least 26 episodes.
__________________

Believe in the Shield, Bitch

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 01:04 AM   #1655 (permalink)
Ippo > TNA
 
Blasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kawadaverse.
Posts: 6,454
Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybird View Post
That was the really weird thing about Big O. Everybody hated it at first. It was almost as bad as looking at Kissy Crush (that's right Blasko, I made a reference joke towards one of your rants!) But after, maybe a year since it premiered on [AS], it was pretty interesting to watch. Blue Gender and s-CRY-ed had the same effect, except Blue Gender never really recovered because of it was heavily censored (so I've heard.)


I'm still one of the people that think Big O blows, well, the big one. I could never get into it and usually gave up watching.

Let me re-say that, I will admit, the final episodes where pretty good. The rest sucked.

s-CRY-ed also sucked.

Blue Gender was pretty good, I may be wrong. I haven't seen it since AS discontinued it.

Going to start getting into the Yu Yu Hakusho Manga (again), since work is putting me off for most of January. It is really good reads, I'm 5 vols in. For a warning to people who want to start reading, skip the first and a half volumes. It's all meaningless filler. Fun, but come on, it shouldn't take 2 books for Yusuke to come back from the dead.

Yusuke dies, helps other ghost, comes back to life. That's the first two in a nut shell.

lack of proper sleep = this post.
__________________
Who cares?

I remember the golden years.
Blasko is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #1656 (permalink)
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost..
 
Femto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Little Planet
Posts: 15,305
Femto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whore
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Does the Yu Yu manga have the same plotline as the anime ?
__________________


Neuer | Lahm | Boateng | Hummels | Schweinsteiger | Kroos | Müller | Özil | Klose | Schürrle | Götze

And a cast of many more..
Femto is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 01:36 AM   #1657 (permalink)
Ippo > TNA
 
Blasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Kawadaverse.
Posts: 6,454
Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000Blasko 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

I'm up to the beginning of the Yukina story arc and it's pretty much the same as the show, just a few added humor and more Sailor Moon name drops.

Chances are things will start changing around come the Dark Tournament.
__________________
Who cares?

I remember the golden years.
Blasko is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 01:45 AM   #1658 (permalink)
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost..
 
Femto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Little Planet
Posts: 15,305
Femto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whoreFemto is a rep whore
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Oh but Dark Tournament is the best part of the story. Chapter Black is pretty good too. The mass adventures before the DT seemed just filler and the 3 Kings arc had no spark (or Kuwabara )
__________________


Neuer | Lahm | Boateng | Hummels | Schweinsteiger | Kroos | Müller | Özil | Klose | Schürrle | Götze

And a cast of many more..
Femto is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #1659 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a forever moving rubber room
Posts: 779
Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000Hybird 501 - 1000
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blaskohiro Tenryu- View Post


I'm still one of the people that think Big O blows, well, the big one. I could never get into it and usually gave up watching.

Let me re-say that, I will admit, the final episodes where pretty good. The rest sucked.

s-CRY-ed also sucked.

Blue Gender was pretty good, I may be wrong. I haven't seen it since AS discontinued it.

Going to start getting into the Yu Yu Hakusho Manga (again), since work is putting me off for most of January. It is really good reads, I'm 5 vols in. For a warning to people who want to start reading, skip the first and a half volumes. It's all meaningless filler. Fun, but come on, it shouldn't take 2 books for Yusuke to come back from the dead.

Yusuke dies, helps other ghost, comes back to life. That's the first two in a nut shell.

lack of proper sleep = this post.
s-Cry-ed was a surprisingly good series to me, problem is, you can't watch ONE episode a week. It will piss you off, and Cartoon Network learned that lesson real quick when the put it on Monday-Friday. Not quick enough to recover, but quick.

As for YuYu Hakusho's first two volumes, I actually liked the whole "Resurrection" arc. The one big complaint I had with the anime is that I felt they skipped through the initial plot a bit too fast.
__________________
"It's not so much as preventing insanity... As much as it is taking advantage of Insanity..."
- Hybird


[This is where I'd put one of my drawings I worked hard on in my sig, but since I'd have to spring five bucks to do so, I'll just put me photobucket link here.]

Hybird's Photobucket
Hybird's Deviant Art
(Better work is in my deviant...)
Hybird is offline  
Old 01-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #1660 (permalink)
SAMCRO
 
Near™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Charming, Central California, USA
Posts: 7,190
Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000Near™ 29501 - 30000
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

s-Cry-ed is, to me, what Big O is to Blasko. With the same exception, a few episodes.

Not that I even bother watching AS for Anime, but they should go back to running Anime on weeknights. But I can't argue with a huge 5 hour block on Saturdays, just an inconvenient time, and an inconvenient day.
__________________
Near™ is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios