Anime Discussion Thread - Page 147 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #1461 (permalink)
Da' Maniac loves you
 
AlwaysSunny For AIW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lansdowne, PA. Right next to Philadelphia a.k.a the home of It's Always Sunny In Philly. 'Motownphilly's back again. Doin' a little east coast swing.'
Posts: 9,124
AlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREWAlwaysSunny For AIW is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Toonami was where I first started watching some of what is now my favorite anime. Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball and DBZ. So yeah, I did think it was awesome. I would always come home after school (finishing my school work late at times) just to see the thing. Too bad, a few years later it went from fun to total shit.

I remember one time viewing it on the weekend, maybe a year or two ago and I was surprised it stayed on air for as long as it did.
__________________

Boyz II Men, A B C, B B D
AlwaysSunny For AIW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #1462 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,361
Omega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a push
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIW View Post
Toonami was where I first started watching some of what is now my favorite anime. Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball and DBZ. So yeah, I did think it was awesome. I would always come home after school (finishing my school work late at times) just to see the thing. Too bad, a few years later it went from fun to total shit.

I remember one time viewing it on the weekend, maybe a year or two ago and I was surprised it stayed on air for as long as it did.
Everyone I knew that watched anime, first watched it on Toonami. Yeah, it turned to total shit, but man it still brings up good memories.
__________________

Nanomachines, Son

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Old 10-30-2008, 03:18 AM   #1463 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a forever moving rubber room
Posts: 779
Hybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_VIK View Post
Everyone I knew that watched anime, first watched it on Toonami. Yeah, it turned to total shit, but man it still brings up good memories.
Undoubtedly, Toonami was the trend setter of Anime. Before it, your best chance of finding anime was PBS channels, small local stations, or the occasional anime in some random Spanish channel. It would be years, and I do mean, YEARS after Toonami went (almost) pure Anime (you could tell back then they were trying like hell to shake off Johnny Quest with DBZ back in the day... Ha,) that other channels began showing anime on a regular basis.

The most notable anime-on-a-regular-basis (outside of Adult Swim, AKA: The answer to Toonami... until we decided to fuck it up in 2008) I can remember is probably Tech TV before it merged with G4TV (now G4) when it had "Anime Unleashed."

Y'know, if they put Tenchi Muyo/Universe/In Tokyo, Outlaw Star, and Gundam Wing on Toonami right now, people would fucking jump at the chance to watch it. They made a big mistake when they made some of their new anime exclusive to Toonami Jetstream. I love the manga MAR, but I barely watched the anime because it was exclusive to Jetstream. Smooth move Toonami!
__________________
"It's not so much as preventing insanity... As much as it is taking advantage of Insanity..."
- Hybird


[This is where I'd put one of my drawings I worked hard on in my sig, but since I'd have to spring five bucks to do so, I'll just put me photobucket link here.]

Hybird's Photobucket
Hybird's Deviant Art
(Better work is in my deviant...)
Hybird is offline  
Old 10-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #1464 (permalink)
Cute Kip's stylist
 
CharismaticEnigma™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,187
CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™ CharismaticEnigma™
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

They should honestly bring back Toonami and other channels that just use to air anime in 2-4 hour time slots should come back because it would definitely get ratings.
CharismaticEnigma™ is offline  
Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 PM   #1465 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,361
Omega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a push
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybird View Post
Undoubtedly, Toonami was the trend setter of Anime. Before it, your best chance of finding anime was PBS channels, small local stations, or the occasional anime in some random Spanish channel. It would be years, and I do mean, YEARS after Toonami went (almost) pure Anime (you could tell back then they were trying like hell to shake off Johnny Quest with DBZ back in the day... Ha,) that other channels began showing anime on a regular basis.

The most notable anime-on-a-regular-basis (outside of Adult Swim, AKA: The answer to Toonami... until we decided to fuck it up in 2008) I can remember is probably Tech TV before it merged with G4TV (now G4) when it had "Anime Unleashed."

Y'know, if they put Tenchi Muyo/Universe/In Tokyo, Outlaw Star, and Gundam Wing on Toonami right now, people would fucking jump at the chance to watch it. They made a big mistake when they made some of their new anime exclusive to Toonami Jetstream. I love the manga MAR, but I barely watched the anime because it was exclusive to Jetstream. Smooth move Toonami!
Yeah, and when they took it off, the channel turned to shit. Now G4TV has Cops and Cheaters on there. It seems that I don't know what they are? A gamer channel for geeks or a reality tv channel for morons?
__________________

Nanomachines, Son

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Old 10-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #1466 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a forever moving rubber room
Posts: 779
Hybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_VIK View Post
Yeah, and when they took it off, the channel turned to shit. Now G4TV has Cops and Cheaters on there. It seems that I don't know what they are? A gamer channel for geeks or a reality tv channel for morons?
Ninja Warrior, along with the other Japanese shows, obviously that was a good move by G4. I was willing to accept Fastlane, partly because I like the series, but that was a show that amped Anime Fanatics and Gamers up (especially Initial D/NFSU,) I'm willing to go "Heroes and Lost? Ok" since they are "geek magnet" shows. But Cops and Cheaters? What the bloody fuck?
__________________
"It's not so much as preventing insanity... As much as it is taking advantage of Insanity..."
- Hybird


[This is where I'd put one of my drawings I worked hard on in my sig, but since I'd have to spring five bucks to do so, I'll just put me photobucket link here.]

Hybird's Photobucket
Hybird's Deviant Art
(Better work is in my deviant...)
Hybird is offline  
Old 11-01-2008, 07:04 AM   #1467 (permalink)
I like watching the puddles gather rain
 
JunkheadX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,948
JunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whoreJunkheadX is a rep whore
Post Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybird View Post
Agreed on the supporting cast, not so much on the complaint on the filler episodes. I said this before, the fillers are actually better than the main plot, which in reality, feels like fillers (the bad kind.)

Fillers Episodes = Little to no Sasuke, better chance of seeing Shikamaru, Kiba, Shinno, etc.

Main Plot = More Sasuke, Less supporting cast, annoying villains.
Pain, Itachi, Hidan & Sasori all own.


Sasuke is a **** but yea he's pretty main though.

Loving the Pain Invasion angle, gives more back characters a chance to shine. I mean when Chouji & Chouza are fighting Pain with Kakashi you know that Naruto and the lot won't be so involved in the arc.

Kakashi & Shikamaru are the best characters in the show btw.

And I was only kidding when I said Naruto was the best ever that award goes to death Note.
__________________
JunkheadX is online now  
Old 11-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #1468 (permalink)
Rez
WWE Jobber
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,439
Rez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whoreRez is a rep whore
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

I just got through Gankutsuou and I must say it's one of the best series I've seen in a while. It's based on the book The Count Of Monte Cristo with the underlying theme being revenge. However it's set in the future and there are other differences that I won't mention.

The animation is pretty great and the character development is excellent too.

Those who enjoy series similiar to Monster will like this. I highly recommend it.
Rez is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #1469 (permalink)
Main Eventing Gyms
 
Recall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rotherham, UK
Posts: 539
Recall Recall Recall Recall Recall Recall Recall Recall Recall
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

I'm watching Evangelion again, and just wondered if anyone knew of any popular fan sites where lots of theories and discussion are posted?

With a series filled with as many double meanings as this I was sure such a place would exist yet I haven't been able to find one.

Anyone know of any? Thanks.
__________________
Puroresu - the most perfect form of wrestling there is, the atmosphere, the wrestlers, everything. As far as im concerned it can do no wrong.

So say we all!
Recall is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #1470 (permalink)
Getting Cheap Pops...
 
-GP-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 1,812
-GP- -GP- -GP- -GP- -GP- -GP- -GP- -GP- -GP- -GP- -GP-
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
I just got through Gankutsuou and I must say it's one of the best series I've seen in a while. It's based on the book The Count Of Monte Cristo with the underlying theme being revenge. However it's set in the future and there are other differences that I won't mention.

The animation is pretty great and the character development is excellent too.

Those who enjoy series similiar to Monster will like this. I highly recommend it.
Loved "Monster" so i'll probably give this a go at some point.

Anyone know what happened to the new Hellsing Ultimate ep?
I thought it was supposed to come out last month.
-GP- is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios