Anime Discussion Thread - Page 129 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #1281 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,416
Omega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a push
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIW View Post
Some of my new and old favorites now are:

Death Note - I'm surprised how quickly I started to enjoy the dark tone of the show.

Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z (I ignore DBGT) - My favorite anime series of all time.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho - Really come to like the style of this one and how it's set up.

InuYasha - Nothing too special. But thought of it as a fun adventure anime that kept my attention for a good period of time.

I say give any of those a try when you're up for it.
Yeah, I remember watching Inuyasha on Adult Swim. And I have say, to me, it was a complete waste of time. I mean, you had an anime series that had 167 episodes and was complete set around Naraku, Shikon jewel shards, and Inuyasha and Kagome's "relationship". And the ending was not good at all. With Inuyasha saying, "We're going to search for Naraku to the ends of the earth." or something like that. I mean, we were waiting for Inuyasha and Kagome say that they love each other and defeat Naraku, but that didn't happened, did it. And I know that people, who produced Inuyasha, had to cut the series short because they didn't have a budget to keep Inuyasha on Tv, but still they could have gave a satisifing ending or a good cliffhanger. But oh well.

BTW, did the manga end? And if it did, was it a good ending?
__________________

Nanomachines, Son

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #1282 (permalink)
Es.
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,414
Es. is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_VIK View Post
I feel that the original ending was satsifing to me. To me, it seemed that Shinji was contend with himself and was happy in the end. But with the movies, I felt so sorry for Asuka and Shinji. Everyone just got fuck in the end. The only one who may have found hapiness is Rei, favorite character BTW. So I prefer the orignal ending over the movie's ending.
I never really interpreted the movie as an alternate ending. I always looked at the end of the show setting it's self up for the movie. I liked the way the franchise ended. They are making 2 new movies that are going to retell the ending in a different way.
Es. is offline  
Old 08-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #1283 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Hybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a forever moving rubber room
Posts: 780
Hybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more seriousHybird needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Seems like I got a lot of subjects to go through... Oi oi... Here goes.

On the subject of Neon Genesis Evangelion; Well, actually... No. Forget it. The one thing I learned about the series is that no two opinions of the epic series, the endings, and all the mind fucking it has done to the generations that has viewed it are alike.

I had an entirely different post for the subject of Eva, but like I basically said, it ain't right, nor wrong, so I got rid of it.


Now, onto other subjects.

Death Note: I don't know how, I don't know why, but I just couldn't really get into the series. I'm the type that would enjoy dark mysterious anime/manga that Death Note pretty much set itself to be, even the twist of knowing who the mass murderer is, no less him being the main character, should have gotten me glued to the TV. But no such luck, after the first few episodes post L's first appearance, I stopped watching episode after episode. And after L died, that was pretty much the kiss of death to me, I lost all interest. Maybe it was because Light apparently had the generic "God Complex" that most villains obtain, regardless of any twist the character had given it. Could have been that it was just too obvious for me. I could half guess most of the stuff I bothered to watch. Could be because I have a love hate relationship with Jump... Lately, it's been hate...

Inuyasha: Miroku was a funny character, Shippo was a funny character, Inuyasha had his moment, as did Kagome, Sango and Kirara all had their moments. The problem for me, was that what the series was apparently intended to be, a love story, was its Achilles Heel. In comparison to its Comedy Based, usually one shot misadventures, the episodes that focused more on its main plot were flat out dull. When the anime suddenly ended, I was happy, because it was DONE AND O-V-E-R. I really do wish the series was more based on random and funny misadventures to find shard of the jewel, that's where it was fun to watch, and not something one goes through just to say "yeah, I watched it." But for those who were fans, and wanted real closer to the series, the 54'th, and apparently final Manga had hit Japan July 1'st so wait... one, maybe two years?

The Dragon Ball series: I'll just be "short" about this. Dragon Ball was the best, DBZ was great when I first watched it, but afterward, anybody offered me a DVD, even for free, would have suffered great pain, and Dragon Ball GT was nothing short of a "Kiss of Death, Reincarnation, and DEATH again"

YuYu Hakusho: I think to explain how much I loved this series... I would have to say that somebody stole my YuYu Hakusho movie DVD a few years back... And I'm still hunting that person down, and when I find him, oh, there will be hell to pay...

Fighting Spirit/Hajime no Ippo: THE FIGHTING: Have yet had the opportunity to watch the series, and collecting the manga would be such a kick to the pocket... (84 volumes, and counting...) however, I have the video game "Victorious Boxers: Revolution" for the Wii, which is a Hajime no Ippo game, and dammit, it's still my favorite Wii game so far. And if the story line is actually more complex and detailed than the game's, I want the anime.

Now, speaking of Anime that has graced the station of Cartoon Network. Anybody noticed Adult Swim pulled a fast one on us Saturday night, when they aired Code Geass and Cowboy Bebop last night? I mean, wow, I know AS has a tendency of being a smart ass group, what with their bump and all. But "Cheering Mao" and "Perriot le Fou" on the same night? Talk about a psycho-fest. Pierrot le Fou, for some reason, is one of the creepiest anime showdowns I've ever watched. Mad Pierrot's child-like insanity was just something that came out of the blue. Even his death was a cringer. Then there was Mao, whom if it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have watched the episode, let alone Code Geass (tried, but I can't get into it. Feels to much like Gundam Seed for some reason.) Again, child-like insanity, ended only in death after a show down at a theme-park based setting.

Space + Psycho with a Child's Psychosis + Theme Park Setting = Creepy.

Ok, I'm done... For now...
__________________
"It's not so much as preventing insanity... As much as it is taking advantage of Insanity..."
- Hybird


[This is where I'd put one of my drawings I worked hard on in my sig, but since I'd have to spring five bucks to do so, I'll just put me photobucket link here.]

Hybird's Photobucket
Hybird's Deviant Art
(Better work is in my deviant...)
Hybird is offline  
Old 08-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #1284 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,416
Omega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a push
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawt Es View Post
I never really interpreted the movie as an alternate ending. I always looked at the end of the show setting it's self up for the movie. I liked the way the franchise ended. They are making 2 new movies that are going to retell the ending in a different way.
Well originally Anno, the creator of NGE, wanted to end the series. But since he got so many threats about the TV series ending, he decided to make the two movies. But it can be interpreted in different ways. I mean, I just thought that the TV series ending was suppose end the series originally. That's why I said that the movie was an alternate ending. Also not saying that the movies were that bad or anything.

BTW, I can't for the rest of the movies to come out for the Rebuild Of Evangelion.
__________________

Nanomachines, Son

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #1285 (permalink)
Banned
 
jmj102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melb, Aus
Posts: 759
jmj102 needs to take rep more seriousjmj102 needs to take rep more seriousjmj102 needs to take rep more seriousjmj102 needs to take rep more seriousjmj102 needs to take rep more seriousjmj102 needs to take rep more seriousjmj102 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_VIK View Post
Well originally Anno, the creator of NGE, wanted to end the series. But since he got so many threats about the TV series ending, he decided to make the two movies. But it can be interpreted in different ways. I mean, I just thought that the TV series ending was suppose end the series originally. That's why I said that the movie was an alternate ending. Also not saying that the movies were that bad or anything.

BTW, I can't for the rest of the movies to come out for the Rebuild Of Evangelion.
The way I interpreted the ending was that NGE's ending was Shinji's mental reasoning throughout EOE. That the congratulations scene in NGE is the point in EOE when Shinji rejects instrumentality.
jmj102 is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #1286 (permalink)
¡Ole! ¡Ole! ¡Ole!
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,246
Sephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

The End of Evangelion is pretty much the REAL final episode. It's the events that lead up to the time when they decided to activate The Human Instrumentality Project. I understand why people see it as an alternate ending, but the series ending is just what Shinji is experiencing through The Human Instrumentality Project. So you can say EoE is between Episode 25 and 26 and 26 is what happens after the movie.

Either way, EoE is fucking amazing and the series is such a letdown. Especially if you don't watch the movies.
__________________
Sephiroth is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 02:52 AM   #1287 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,416
Omega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a push
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybird View Post
Seems like I got a lot of subjects to go through... Oi oi... Here goes.

On the subject of Neon Genesis Evangelion; Well, actually... No. Forget it. The one thing I learned about the series is that no two opinions of the epic series, the endings, and all the mind fucking it has done to the generations that has viewed it are alike.

I had an entirely different post for the subject of Eva, but like I basically said, it ain't right, nor wrong, so I got rid of it.


Now, onto other subjects.

Death Note: I don't know how, I don't know why, but I just couldn't really get into the series. I'm the type that would enjoy dark mysterious anime/manga that Death Note pretty much set itself to be, even the twist of knowing who the mass murderer is, no less him being the main character, should have gotten me glued to the TV. But no such luck, after the first few episodes post L's first appearance, I stopped watching episode after episode. And after L died, that was pretty much the kiss of death to me, I lost all interest. Maybe it was because Light apparently had the generic "God Complex" that most villains obtain, regardless of any twist the character had given it. Could have been that it was just too obvious for me. I could half guess most of the stuff I bothered to watch. Could be because I have a love hate relationship with Jump... Lately, it's been hate...

Inuyasha: Miroku was a funny character, Shippo was a funny character, Inuyasha had his moment, as did Kagome, Sango and Kirara all had their moments. The problem for me, was that what the series was apparently intended to be, a love story, was its Achilles Heel. In comparison to its Comedy Based, usually one shot misadventures, the episodes that focused more on its main plot were flat out dull. When the anime suddenly ended, I was happy, because it was DONE AND O-V-E-R. I really do wish the series was more based on random and funny misadventures to find shard of the jewel, that's where it was fun to watch, and not something one goes through just to say "yeah, I watched it." But for those who were fans, and wanted real closer to the series, the 54'th, and apparently final Manga had hit Japan July 1'st so wait... one, maybe two years?

The Dragon Ball series: I'll just be "short" about this. Dragon Ball was the best, DBZ was great when I first watched it, but afterward, anybody offered me a DVD, even for free, would have suffered great pain, and Dragon Ball GT was nothing short of a "Kiss of Death, Reincarnation, and DEATH again"

YuYu Hakusho: I think to explain how much I loved this series... I would have to say that somebody stole my YuYu Hakusho movie DVD a few years back... And I'm still hunting that person down, and when I find him, oh, there will be hell to pay...

Fighting Spirit/Hajime no Ippo: THE FIGHTING: Have yet had the opportunity to watch the series, and collecting the manga would be such a kick to the pocket... (84 volumes, and counting...) however, I have the video game "Victorious Boxers: Revolution" for the Wii, which is a Hajime no Ippo game, and dammit, it's still my favorite Wii game so far. And if the story line is actually more complex and detailed than the game's, I want the anime.

Now, speaking of Anime that has graced the station of Cartoon Network. Anybody noticed Adult Swim pulled a fast one on us Saturday night, when they aired Code Geass and Cowboy Bebop last night? I mean, wow, I know AS has a tendency of being a smart ass group, what with their bump and all. But "Cheering Mao" and "Perriot le Fou" on the same night? Talk about a psycho-fest. Pierrot le Fou, for some reason, is one of the creepiest anime showdowns I've ever watched. Mad Pierrot's child-like insanity was just something that came out of the blue. Even his death was a cringer. Then there was Mao, whom if it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have watched the episode, let alone Code Geass (tried, but I can't get into it. Feels to much like Gundam Seed for some reason.) Again, child-like insanity, ended only in death after a show down at a theme-park based setting.

Space + Psycho with a Child's Psychosis + Theme Park Setting = Creepy.

Ok, I'm done... For now...
I have to kinda agree with you buddy. I mean I think it's a good show and all but it can't keep me interested. And does remind of Gundam Seed a bit.
__________________

Nanomachines, Son

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #1288 (permalink)
Es.
Humbled
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,414
Es. is in rep purgatory
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

I love Code Geass tbh. That, Eureka Seven and NGE are my 3 favorite animes.
Es. is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #1289 (permalink)
Magnus Mark!
 
Flanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Handsacre, England
Posts: 5,961
Flanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselvesFlanny is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Z is my favorite.
__________________

Follow Me On Twitter: @OfficialFlanny
Flanny is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #1290 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
Omega_VIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,416
Omega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a pushOmega_VIK is getting a push
Default Re: Anime Discussion Thread

Yeah, Eureka Seven is one of my favorites as well. It pretty satisifing to beginning to end.
__________________

Nanomachines, Son

Underground Hip Hop Head
Omega_VIK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios