Very not on point as she seems to like Raimi's horrible Spiderman trilogy.
- For her, the worst part about the movie were the villains. She couldn't stand Harry (she said he over enunciated all of his lines to the point of being annoying), Electro's origin didn't do it for her, Chris Cooper was completely wasted as Norman, & she felt none of the villains got enough screen time to really get fleshed out. Her exact line to me was that if you've seen the trailers, you've basically seen most of the stuff with the bad guys. For whatever reason, she can't stand Paul Giomatti at all, so Rhino just bugged her on principle. She also said the dialogue was pretty terrible too.
There's really only Electro with Goblin and Rhino just there to set up the next movie. Having said that, the trailers did give most of it away.
- She couldn't stand the fact that Uncle Ben was pushed to the background and Peter seem more upset over Captain Stacey and his parents. I agree with her on that one because in the last one it felt like Uncle Ben had almost no impact on anything and that completely goes against Spider-Man's motivations. She also felt, and I agree, that it is pointless to include Peter's parents in his story if you can't use SHIELD.
Cap'n Stacey's death is more relevant in the context of the story. Also, Uncle Ben's death led to Peter BECOMING SPIDERMAN. lel
- She said as Peter Parker, Garfield was annoying. In the last film, I thought he was kind of a douchebag, but she said that the problem here was that they made him a stereotypical New Yorker with a bad accent. Confirmation on this?
Garfield as Peter Parker is awesome. Maybe I'm overrating this b/c I absolutely hated what Maguire did to the character.
- She also said that the story was a bit of a mess, parts of it felt rushed, and it jumped all over the place. She also hated all the "Easter Eggs" that they crammed in there to hype up a sequel (and yes, she told me what they were).
The rush is definitely there, but the movie is quite long and they probably couldn't help the pacing.
- The only things about the movie she liked were Garfield as Spider-Man, some of the action, and the big emotional moment at the end which I won't spoil. She said when Garfield was in the suit, it was classic Spidey and she loved it.
Finally, I don't think you'll like the movie (owing to what little I know of your tastes from opinions on this board), but I'd suggest a watch just b/c the 3D is incredible.