10: Lisa the Vegetarian: Outside of the pig joke (its still good, its still good), this episode just sucked, not least of all what I would mean in the long run. Now I have no problem with vegetarians. I say if you wish, fine then. Its when you say that I can't eat meat and force me to do so, then we have problems. This is the episode that started turning Lisa from a likable character to a liberal soapbox. Lisa acts like a self-righteous bitch this who episode and the end Aesop loses impact when just about every writer after this ignores it. Lisa's change was done to get Paul McCartney to do the episode. Not worth it.
9. Bart-Mangled Banner: Did the producers let the Family Guy writers write for them? Because if you swap the Simpsons with the Griffens, nothing really would change. This was made around the time of the Iraq War and has all the right-wing basing to go with it and guess what, it isn't funny, it just comes off as heavy handed and a little pretentious. I didn't like Bush or his policies, but I got really sick of the media bitching about it. Funny how the current administrations hasn't been lampooned for its wrong doing.
8. On A Clear Day I Cant See My Sister: Ok, Bart has done some pretty rotten things to Lisa and he does deserve some retribution. But what Lisa does in this episode goes far to far. First is that Bart has done far worse to Lisa than this. Second Lisa goes out of her way to constantly torment Bart due to the retraining order to the point she comes off as a sociopath. Third, she want 3 things that Bart has done that were nice to her to life the order. So we are suppose to forget the last few years (then again the writers do, so they must think we should) And the thing that brings her around is that Bart makes a wicker statue of her. Since this glorifies herself, of course she likes it. Bart should have gone through with setting it on fire.
7. Treehouse of Horror XXII: I debated putting a TOH on this list because of the nature of them. But this one was so damn bad that I had to include it. The first story had potential; Homer is left paralyzed and can't move or communicate. Potential for both humor and terror. What do we get: Homer communicating by farting. I didn't realize the show hired 5 year olds to write for them, because thats the only people who would find this funny. Dear Comedy Writers, fart jokes aren't funny!
The mid-story is just lame and not much for note. The last story is a parody of Avatar, which isn't horror. Horrible yes. And then theres that implication that Bart had sex while in the avatar. The 10 year old Bart. Yeah. Not to mention that this episode aired 2 years after Avatar.
6. The Great Wife Hope: First is the fact that this episode is basically a rehash of Itchy & Scratchy & Marge, a much better episode, this is just crap. Modern Simpsons writers seem to have only two types of Marge stories: Something is wrong with her and Homer's marriage or she needs to protest something that doesn't fit her naive world view. This is the latter. After Marge gets in the ring, she asks the head of the MMA league to shut down. WHAT THE HELL! Imagine someone doing this to Dana White (who hated this episode by the way) or Vince McMahon. And in the end, the final lesson is that we are old violence loving morons. Oh and lets not forget that this whole thing happened because Marge won't blame Bart for his own behavior, at least in the new seasons.
5. Alone Again, Natura-Diddily: While I understand that they needed to do something with Maude Flanders due to her voice actress. But this was just so mean spirited and not funny. Not to mention that Homer is just a complete asshole this episode. And in the end, Ned goes back to normal sans his wife. Really Simpsons writers.
4. Lisa the Simpson: Notice the trend that many of the bad episodes tend to be centered around Lisa? Well there is a reason for that. She finds out that the family has a gene that basically makes you go dumber as you grown old. She fears she might become a failure in the future and gives up hope, Until we find out at the end of the episode, that only men carry the Simpson gene, while women are safe from it. Somewhere a geneticist is crying. First the plot holes that this leads to is the fact that Lisa was failing despite it and the fact that Homer, Bart and Grandpa have shown both before and after this to be quite intelligent when they are pushed. But Lisa is happy, so thats all that matters,
3. The Boys of Bummer: Ok, I know that fans getting insane during sports games is common and even in kids games, parents doing shit happens. But what the people of Springfield do to Bart in this episode is horrific. So, Bart loses a baseball game and the whole town torments him to the point that he becomes insane and suicidal. And even while Bart is hospitalized, they keep hounding him. Its at this moment that I wish that Russ Cargill had nuked Springfield. This was just uncomfortable to watch.
2. Homer vs Dignity: Homer gets raped by a panda. Do I really need to go on after that? Mr Burns looks like a sadist, Homer is more pathetic that even he is usually portrayed and the humor looks like something Family Guy would do. And guess what, it isn't funny when they do it either.
1. Lisa Goes Gaga: Oddly enough my problem with this episode isn't Lisa, its the guest voice, Lady Gaga. First is the fact that its a "Lisa feels unpopular" episode that has been done so many times that you could make a drinking game out of them. Gaga is brought in by uhhh a psychic signal and tries to help Lisa. Why do I hate this episode? Because The Simpsons and by extension, everyone else are reduced to side characters in their own fucking show. Lady Gaga is the focus and most of the humor is showing how wacky and over the top she is. To the point that they're beating you over the head with it. At least the dumbfuckery of things like the Ke$ha opening and Michelle Obama were kept small, this is a whole episode. Now celebs in the Simpsons can be good, such as Micheal Jackson's appearance, but this was just painful to watch and after this I gave up on the show, save for a episode here or there.