Was the Ultimate Warrior as selfish and crazy as WWE tried to portray him? - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
sXeMope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,876
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: Was the Ultimate Warrior as selfish and crazy as WWE tried to portray him?

I doubt it tbh. He may be to an extent, and he certainly seems like he's kind of an asshole. But in terms of WWE - look how they treat WCW. I don't think I've ever seen WCW related WWE media that doesn't put WCW down. I feel like it's the same thing with Warrior.



sXeMope is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
OoohYeeeah!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: Was the Ultimate Warrior as selfish and crazy as WWE tried to portray him?

I think the DVD they did was about Vince telling him and all the other wrestlers that he could make them but also break them. It was funny how he got others to do his dirty work for him though. Dibiase and Flair were such brown nosers in that DVD. Heenan and Hogan may have genuine reasons for disliking him.

I heard he was pissed about his payoff for wrestlemania 7 which was apparently $550,000 as he felt his match against savage was as much of a draw as Hogan/Slaughter and actually I agree with him. It was and was certainly the best match of the night.

As a person, he confuses me. Sometimes, I read things and think he sounds like a arse - like saying Heenan's cancer was karma and all the stuff about Curt Hennig's death. But other times, I think he is a man of real integrity. Vince has asked him into the hall of fame and he won't do it until WWE admit that DVD was all lies. He is awful about people who attack him but he never attacks first. And people thought he was crazy for saying Hogan was into wife swapping but in light of recent evidence, I actually believe him so maybe not so crazy afterall.
OoohYeeeah! is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Was the Ultimate Warrior as selfish and crazy as WWE tried to portray him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoohYeeeah! View Post
I think the DVD they did was about Vince telling him and all the other wrestlers that he could make them but also break them. It was funny how he got others to do his dirty work for him though. Dibiase and Flair were such brown nosers in that DVD. Heenan and Hogan may have genuine reasons for disliking him.

I heard he was pissed about his payoff for wrestlemania 7 which was apparently $550,000 as he felt his match against savage was as much of a draw as Hogan/Slaughter and actually I agree with him. It was and was certainly the best match of the night.

As a person, he confuses me. Sometimes, I read things and think he sounds like a arse - like saying Heenan's cancer was karma and all the stuff about Curt Hennig's death. But other times, I think he is a man of real integrity. Vince has asked him into the hall of fame and he won't do it until WWE admit that DVD was all lies. He is awful about people who attack him but he never attacks first. And people thought he was crazy for saying Hogan was into wife swapping but in light of recent evidence, I actually believe him so maybe not so crazy afterall.
I think that every word he said about Hogan is true, but it's not true that he only attacks people who attack him first.

Hennig, Elizabeth, and Lex never did anything to him. In fact, I remember him saying that Hennig was a good guy in the locker room.

I also disagree that his type of "honesty" is needed. There's being blunt, and then there's being a flat out dick. I can agree with someone saying that still being a drug addict in your 40s is immature, but do you have to act like that's the sum total of a human being? What if we pointed out the absolute worst aspects about Warrior, and said that therefore he deserves to go? Totally unsolicited, by the way.

And that's the thing. He is sooooo damn judgmental, while he has so many issues himself. That's what's weird about it (everyone is judgmental, but he takes it to an extreme level I've never seen before). I don't think that having a drug problem inherently makes you a horrible person. I'd take a drug addict who is kind to the bone (something everyone says about Kerry Von Erich, for example. No one has ever said a bad word about him as a person. And oddly enough, he's the odd one that Warrior hasn't verbally assaulted all that much), over a straight-laced guy who is a total dickhead.

It's not a standalone thing. If it were just that, I wouldn't point it out, and I actually find myself kind of amused by Warrior's rantings anyway. He does have an oddly powerful communication style. But the problem is, it's the way Warrior is about EVERYTHING.

You all should read his piece about his "queering doesn't make the world go around" comment. That comment in and of itself isn't even the biggest problem, it's the shit he says to defend it that is really over the top.

Just a SMALL taste:
Quote:
And the dykes, well, they ran out screaming and yelling like speared wild boars that I was a homophobe for making my remarks. Rumor has it that they decided to exit more because I was not getting stimulated by watching their poorly performed two-nightcrawlers-in-heat act. Ah, the incredible, selfless sacrifices the liberal loons will make on behalf of their cause...warms my heart and makes my whole body laugh.
Quote:
A unhealthy looking, pasty-white, disheveled male queer with burgundy-colored spiked hair stood up and reminded me that I had said I did not know any queer with their emotional life act together. Obviously heartbroken and bothered by this, he enlightenedly added, “How could you say that? Because, you see, you do not know me.” Although it's always easily possible to misjudge someone without giving them an adequate chance to show their real self, I have to say that this queer said more than enough in 13 words for me to say, quite confidently, that he definitely doesn't have his emotional life act together.
Quote:
Frankly, I was sure she had an eating disorder, but it was hard to tell because she had a baggy sweatshirt on and when I ask her if she did, she denied it. But liberals always lie.
Quote:
There was a very angry black guy there.
Quote:
Like an ugly, sexually-confusing molestation they had long buried, I brought these young queers face-to-face with their own valueless, regressively-stimulated history. Let’s face it.
First of all, what in the hell is he doing asking someone if they have an eating disorder?!

It just all reads like a parody of what you'd think an extremist would write. But it's real!

But needless to say, no Warrior doesn't just attack people who attack him first.

My guess would be that it's this type of attitude that has caused him to not have many friends, more than anything else. Even Sting, who rarely says anything negative about anyone, called him "bizarre."

The DVD was a hit piece, no doubt, and I don't even have a problem with him holding Vince up for money. I can't take the "that was unprofessional!" cries seriously, because Vince is unprofessional to a tee. So someone finally one upped him. Good for Warrior.

Last edited by LilOlMe; 06-23-2013 at 08:15 PM.
LilOlMe is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Was the Ultimate Warrior as selfish and crazy as WWE tried to portray him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat01 View Post
from many of the interviews and behind the scene stuff i have seen it appears that wwe just want to bury warrior all the time? was he that bad?
He's lazy, disrespectful and unprofessional.

Maybe the WWE does exaggerate it. That happens in life, people exaggerate about everything.

But Warrior is plenty selfish without their help, anyone who was a fan of his back in the day knows that. We waited for two hours at appearances he didn't show up at or went to WWF shows that he didn't show up at.

Awesome persona though. Amazing. And that WWE composer deserves credit for the song. Simple but effective.

Join the "Other" Wrestling TV & Internet Show Thread!


We complain about crappy wrestling and try to set you up with new wrestling promotions you've never heard of before!

We're like Cupids! But instead of fixing you up with hot chicks, it's big sweaty dudes in tights!


  • Full episodes!
  • 100% Free & Legal!
  • Alter the Power Rankings with your top three recommendations!
RoosterSmith is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
bigdog40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Was the Ultimate Warrior as selfish and crazy as WWE tried to portray him?

I think there is some truth to that DVD. I was a fan of his back in the day, but was disappointing when one minute he was on WWE TV and the next they wrote him off TV and never to return again. He does come off a bit of a crazy man in his interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_guy View Post
People complain about newer talent not getting over, but what they mean is that their favourite isn't getting over, everyone else can go to hell. I'm for as many people getting over as possible, it would improve the show and the more over people there are, the more avenues there are to push new talent, yes, your favourites are more likely to get pushed if there are more over people to feud with.
bigdog40 is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 02:56 PM
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches
 
Elipses Corter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Was the Ultimate Warrior as selfish and crazy as WWE tried to portray him?

From what I've seen and read about Warrior, naw, he's not as selfish & crazy as WWE portrays him.

The DVD shouldn't have happened because, if I'm Vince, Warrior wouldn't have came back after '91. And to me, that incident was the only thing Warrior truly did wrong. But the fact that Vince brought him back twice after that, twists the story around to make it sound like Warrior was in the midst of a push and just overall painting a picture of the guy being some nutjob is fucked up because the root of it is Warrior not kissing Vince's ass.

Only 3 guys would talk shit to Vince: Warrior, Eddie and HBK. HBK is pretty much a lifetime employee, Vince was TOTALLY high on Eddie and whether he wants to admit it or not, he had a massive hard on for Warrior and the relationship went sour because Warrior either didn't understand or didn't give a fuck about the business.


It just boggles my mind how they tried so hard to make Warrior out to be the bad guy in those incidents and it's not like Warrior's participation in the DVD would have made it positive. You don't have bad blood with a guy for that many years and because you shoot a DVD looking back at his career, expect him to be on board. Yeah, Warrior fucked up and he's crazy but nowhere near as bad as Vince wants us to believe and I seriously doubt it was ever an option for anybody on the DVD to praise him.
Elipses Corter is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Berkajr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
               
Re: Was the Ultimate Warrior as selfish and crazy as WWE tried to portray him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterSmith View Post
He's lazy, disrespectful and unprofessional.

Maybe the WWE does exaggerate it. That happens in life, people exaggerate about everything.

But Warrior is plenty selfish without their help, anyone who was a fan of his back in the day knows that. We waited for two hours at appearances he didn't show up at or went to WWF shows that he didn't show up at.

Awesome persona though. Amazing. And that WWE composer deserves credit for the song. Simple but effective.
Define him being lazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Dougie View Post
From what I've seen and read about Warrior, naw, he's not as selfish & crazy as WWE portrays him.

The DVD shouldn't have happened because, if I'm Vince, Warrior wouldn't have came back after '91. And to me, that incident was the only thing Warrior truly did wrong. But the fact that Vince brought him back twice after that, twists the story around to make it sound like Warrior was in the midst of a push and just overall painting a picture of the guy being some nutjob is fucked up because the root of it is Warrior not kissing Vince's ass.

Only 3 guys would talk shit to Vince: Warrior, Eddie and HBK. HBK is pretty much a lifetime employee, Vince was TOTALLY high on Eddie and whether he wants to admit it or not, he had a massive hard on for Warrior and the relationship went sour because Warrior either didn't understand or didn't give a fuck about the business.


It just boggles my mind how they tried so hard to make Warrior out to be the bad guy in those incidents and it's not like Warrior's participation in the DVD would have made it positive. You don't have bad blood with a guy for that many years and because you shoot a DVD looking back at his career, expect him to be on board. Yeah, Warrior fucked up and he's crazy but nowhere near as bad as Vince wants us to believe and I seriously doubt it was ever an option for anybody on the DVD to praise him.
I agree a lot with you. As you say, Regarding Eddie, HBK and Warrior, they could talk to Vince like no other. What separates Warrior from the other two is that Warrior does not share the same passion for the Wrestling business as the other two. He more look at wrestling like like Brock Lesnar and Goldberg. Something to make lots of money from, a job. Therefore he refused to be dictated by Vince, srewing him of the WM 7 payoff. So Warrior stood his ground, and demanded his money from WM 7. sure Hogan was the main event, but Warrior and Savage made WM 7 memorable and was the semi main event. Warrior knew his name and market value. So he did what no one had the balls to do, stodd his ground, broke unwritten wrestling rules, and demanded his proper payoff for WM 7. Morally right? One can argue both ways, I sincerely beleive that Vince is not so much of a victim as he tries to portray himself.

As for Warrior the person. I say he can be a nice guy or an asshole. He too admits that his life beats to a different drummer than most people. He says what he wants, and does not sugar coat anything, like Hennings overdose for example. This combined with having a black sense of humor, makes him become hated by many. Like when he laughed during an interview when talking about a certain wrestler diying from an overdose. He did not laugh at that wrestler as some people seem to believe. Rather he laughed sarcastically due to all the people dying from overdoses, and that something was wrong in the wrestling business due to this.

The reason the DVD was a complete burial was that Warrior shot down WWE's offering to be part of the DVD. So they made him the bad guy, interviewing ex wrestlers who brown nosed VKM so badly so they were willing to say anything. Sure Warrior is no saint. But they could have portrayed Warrior in any kind of way. They chose to bury him.
But the simple reason WWE made a DVD of Warrior was due to the simple fact that Warrior still sold merchandise. It was proven when the DVD was released, since it was the most sold DVD in WWE up to that point and was surpassed by the Randy Savage DVD IIRC.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x302/Berkajr/JakeTheSnake_zpsd3b971df.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse

Currently marking for:
Lesnar, Cesaro, Ambrose, Hogan & The Rock
Berkajr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome