WWE Roundtable Discussions!! - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Phil_Mc_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,170
Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500Phil_Mc_90 1001 - 1500
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

I do enjoy these, of course they are very weighted towards what WWE want to promote but that's fine with me because you still get some great moments.

There is one on celebrity involvement in wrestling which has a few great exchanges between DDP and JR where you can see both guys getting genuinely pissed with each other because they have such different points of view on the subject
__________________

credit to Big Ending
Phil_Mc_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
The Gorgeous One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 644
The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

dusty rhodes is racist? that must explain why he booked ron simmons as the first black wcw champion and why his son is engaged to a black girl. wow what a racist.
The Gorgeous One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.
 
The Fab Four's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 8,175
The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000The Fab Four 10501 - 11000
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

I did get annoyed on the Stables one when they failed to even mention the Dangerous Alliance.
__________________


My Dailymotion wrestling matches channel

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/zep81videos/1
The Fab Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Rick_James's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,130
Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500Rick_James 4001 - 4500
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

If the show had unbias commentary, and the people weren't worried about Vince, it'd have potential to be awesome. The worst is when they have guys like Flair on, they interrupt everyone, and try to bury angles that were more successful (like the NWO) and try to put over their own stuff instead (like Evolution). The rest of teh guys will criticize other wrestling companies, but often don't mention the WWE did the same stuff.
Rick_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portsmouth, England
Posts: 4,071
Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000Apex Rattlesnake 2501 - 3000
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

Not enough Bryan for my likeing.
Apex Rattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Breaking kayfabe to get over.
 
jacobdaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,097
jacobdaniel 501 - 1000jacobdaniel 501 - 1000jacobdaniel 501 - 1000jacobdaniel 501 - 1000jacobdaniel 501 - 1000jacobdaniel 501 - 1000
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

Probably my favorite show on Classics On Demand, with the exception of The Monday Night War.
jacobdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Patience .... will always reward you!
 
Arrogantly Grateful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 8,045
Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500Arrogantly Grateful 4001 - 4500
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_James View Post
If the show had unbias commentary, and the people weren't worried about Vince, it'd have potential to be awesome. The worst is when they have guys like Flair on, they interrupt everyone, and try to bury angles that were more successful (like the NWO) and try to put over their own stuff instead (like Evolution). The rest of teh guys will criticize other wrestling companies, but often don't mention the WWE did the same stuff.
I agree about this, this is what I feel about Michael Hayes, and I know this is probably going to be shot down me saying this but the whole Freebirds thing I thing is well and truly over ratted, man he even had to get his neck in on the WWE All Stars game too .... and now he's talking about being the one to induct Paul Bearer (Maybe they have a history I don;t know about but only should The Undertaker do this, his sons and possibly Kane IMO, unless of course there is something in regards to where Bearer actually requested Hayes but other than that just no) ... the only reason they get any credit and we keep being reminded of them is because of Hayes position in the company now, otherwise who the hell were they .... really??

And when you watch him on these Roundtable Discussion, he's forever turning topics into me, me, me when it's like 'We're not even talking about you or how great you were here' ... other than that he's probably a decent guy but I just find this arrogance about him and don't even see why lol

I expect this to be unpopular however lol
__________________


Come on Vince induct Rick 'The Model' Martel into the Hall Of Fame dude!

Look up the term wrestler in the dictionary and it will simply say Dean Ambrose

Dear WWE NETWORK please add some of the old school
SUPERSTARS, PRIME TIME and WRESTLING CHALLENGE episodes.


Arrogantly Grateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 47
herbski 50 - 100
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gorgeous One View Post
dusty rhodes is racist? that must explain why he booked ron simmons as the first black wcw champion and why his son is engaged to a black girl. wow what a racist.
I'm new here, but I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. Yeah I found that interesting this claim that Rhodes was a racist, I'm not sure where the proof of that really is.

Although to be fair I thought Watts booked Ron Simmons to be the champion, not Dusty? Or did they work together? Those years in WCW I'm confused as to who was booking what and when so I could be wrong.

But his other point about Dusty being a homophobe because he cut off his ties with Dustin, I'm pretty sure (not 100% but) they fell out because Terri(Marlena) and Dusty did not get along and Dustin took his wife's part. The story Dustin told was that he was supposed to meet Dusty to play golf but Terri was sick so he didn't meet up with him, and they didn't talk for years after that.

So while I don't think Dusty cared for Golddust necessarily, it is my understanding they had already fallen out before the Golddust character even started. That wasn't the reason they weren't talking in my estimation.

I could be wrong, but that is the vibe I got watching Dusty's DVD (although it was produced by WWE so who knows?).

As for the roundtable discussions, I haven't seen many but I have enjoyed the ones I have seen. Although yeah of course they will be slanted to WWF/WWE line of thinking.

As for the Freebirds not being a big deal, they were a pretty big deal against the Von Erich's in WCCW and a pretty big deal in the AWA, and really if anything they may be a bit underrated today. Just my opinion.

Last edited by herbski : 05-09-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Wanted to add another point
herbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
The Gorgeous One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 644
The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000The Gorgeous One 501 - 1000
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbski View Post
I'm new here, but I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. Yeah I found that interesting this claim that Rhodes was a racist, I'm not sure where the proof of that really is.

Although to be fair I thought Watts booked Ron Simmons to be the champion, not Dusty? Or did they work together? Those years in WCW I'm confused as to who was booking what and when so I could be wrong.

But his other point about Dusty being a homophobe because he cut off his ties with Dustin, I'm pretty sure (not 100% but) they fell out because Terri(Marlena) and Dusty did not get along and Dustin took his wife's part. The story Dustin told was that he was supposed to meet Dusty to play golf but Terri was sick so he didn't meet up with him, and they didn't talk for years after that.

So while I don't think Dusty cared for Golddust necessarily, it is my understanding they had already fallen out before the Golddust character even started. That wasn't the reason they weren't talking in my estimation.

I could be wrong, but that is the vibe I got watching Dusty's DVD (although it was produced by WWE so who knows?).

As for the roundtable discussions, I haven't seen many but I have enjoyed the ones I have seen. Although yeah of course they will be slanted to WWF/WWE line of thinking.

As for the Freebirds not being a big deal, they were a pretty big deal against the Von Erich's in WCCW and a pretty big deal in the AWA, and really if anything they may be a bit underrated today. Just my opinion.
on dusty's dvd they talk about booking ron simmons as wcw champion, also his break with his son was because of terri, which has been confirmed by dustin multiple times. also the freebirds were a big deal, hayes is one of the greatest talkers of all time and they lay the groundwork for a great faction pretty much, especially in texas where they were the villains to the rockstars known as the von erich's.

p.s. sorry for lack of caps, keyboard is messed up atm.
The Gorgeous One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
WWETopTen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 653
WWETopTen 501 - 1000WWETopTen 501 - 1000WWETopTen 501 - 1000WWETopTen 501 - 1000WWETopTen 501 - 1000WWETopTen 501 - 1000WWETopTen 501 - 1000
Default Re: WWE Roundtable Discussions!!

Wrestling Roundtable > Legends of Wrestling.

Seriously, youtube Wrestling Roundtable. It's better than those old timers. It's by the fans and for the fans.
__________________
My Top Ten Favorite Wrestlers of All-Time
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. The Rock
3. Undertaker
4. Kane
5. CM Punk
6. Shawn Michaels
7. Daniel Bryan
8. Goldberg
9. Triple H
10. Mick Foley

Those are my top ten and I really don't care who agrees or disagrees.
PS- I HATE SMARKS!
WWETopTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios