Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash left! - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
waveofthefuture2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 115
waveofthefuture2.0 waveofthefuture2.0 waveofthefuture2.0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho'nuff View Post
Wait, you say being on TV and PPV matches isn't a burial but you call Vader's last year a burial? And to somewhat justify your Vader mention, you talk about matches he lost?

I mean, if you admit it was Vader's fault for not losing weight, how is that anything but a self caused burial? Oh, he should continue to be pushed, despite not wanting to be in shape. On top of that, it wasn't like he was in the midst of a big push. Vader was last relevant to WWE angles in the summer of 1997 and that was debatable because he was a substitute in a title match for Ahmed Johnson. Vader's downward spiral began in 1996, if anything. But based on what people who worked there at that time have said, I don't see any time frame after November 1996 where Vader would have been given more than he got, because he was supposed to win the belt at Survivor Series '96, dropped it 2 months later at the Rumble and assuming all other plans came to fruition, wasn't really wrote in for anything much more. And that probably led to him not giving a fuck but I still don't see that as a burial, considering he put it on himself and considering your opinion on it that his final year saw him be buried, he was headed down that road since late 1996. But, what admitted super push did that "burial" strip away from him?


I shouldn't have to explain HHH's situation, the pushed he missed out on and everything that became of it. Because HHH lost what seemed like a cemented opportunity. Vader didn't have that, especially in his final year, considering the closest he was placed in a top tier angle was early 1997 and was overshadowed by Austin/Bret and rightfully so.
I don't see how being put on tv can be seen as a burial along wit getting a tittle with in that year if what he did was so bad why would they even feature him on tv. And I used Vader as an example cause much like hhh he was on tv but around 98 he was losing to Kane dominantly


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
waveofthefuture2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
tducey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a house
Posts: 4,686
tducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friendstducey needs to make some friends
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

Yes, he was buried for a while. Everyone says that the 1996 King Of The Ring was his to lose. You have to wonder how much quicker Trips would have gotten into the main event scene had he been KOTR in 1996, also if he's a main eventer by 1997, do we get DX?
__________________
This meme courtesy of a WWE meme page on Facebook

What's MC Funk doing in the Impact Zone?

tducey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Woodsboro High
Posts: 2,599
JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger JigsawKrueger
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

The Ultimate Warrior made him look like a bum 2 months BEFORE the curtain call incident.

Losing to Sid, Roberts, Mero and Windham was not that bad by comparison. Most of the jobs were not clean defeats.
JigsawKrueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Dr. Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 940
Dr. Jones needs to take rep more seriousDr. Jones needs to take rep more seriousDr. Jones needs to take rep more seriousDr. Jones needs to take rep more seriousDr. Jones needs to take rep more seriousDr. Jones needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

Quote:
Originally Posted by septurum View Post
I've heard more than once that Austin's megapush was supposed to be HHH's. He was clearly demoted and punished for his part in the MSG incident.
Austin's didn't get a megapush though. By Summerslam 96 he was still doing the free-for all with Yokozuna. The reason Austin took off was because his brash attitude mixed perfectly well with a returning Bret Hart. Coupled with the fact that Hart pushed really hard to work with him, it was just immaculate timing for Austin.

Could you picture HBK vs Hunter Heart Helmsley headlining Summerslam 96? Yeah, that would've really been a must watch.
Dr. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,832
austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T austin316 G.O.A.T
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jones View Post
The reason Austin took off was because his brash attitude mixed perfectly well with a returning Bret Hart. Coupled with the fact that Hart pushed really hard to work with him, it was just immaculate timing for Austin.
.
Great post
austin316 G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt, son, and you're just doing reruns.
 
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 10,722
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveofthefuture2.0 View Post
I don't see how being put on tv can be seen as a burial along wit getting a tittle with in that year if what he did was so bad why would they even feature him on tv. And I used Vader as an example cause much like hhh he was on tv but around 98 he was losing to Kane dominantly


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
So let me get this right.


Because he was still used on TV and got a title within 12 months, he wasn't buried? I didn't know there was a certain time one had to go without a title in order to be buried. And if whatever Vader did was so bad, why would they feature him on TV all the way up to his final days with the company?

And what's wrong with Vader losing to Kane dominantly? I could see if he was losing to one of the New NWA guys or an Ahmed Johnson dominantly but he was losing to a guy who was booked as dominant.


Big difference here. Once again, HHH lost out on a potential super push (regardless, he got it but that ain't the point). Vader didn't lose out on anything promised during his WWE run other than a 2 month title reign.


I understand you saying HHH wasn't buried but instead, saying Vader was, makes no sense. Especially when you use the logic that because HHH became IC Champion later that year, as if you're supposed to have a certain amount of time without a belt to be considered buried. Bottom line, HHH missed out on a potential defining moment, Vader didn't.



I'd understand better if you refuted HHH's burial story with a burial of someone who actually was planned for a big push, instead of using a guy many feel deserved a big push, regardless of if he actually did.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Berkajr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,242
Berkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more seriousBerkajr needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

Well, I always thought this was strange claiming Triple H was buried and had to job for everyone for a year due to the Curtain call.

Because at that time, he won the IC title, which at the time meant something. Sure he got left out from the KOTR, IYH (In July)Summer Slam and Mind Games PPV, but he still had meaningful storylines, not the main event ones, but still had storylines, way better than Aldo Montoya and a bunch of other guys in the lockerroom. He did this thing with Mero, Henry Goodwinn and others, so sure he probalby jobbed to everyone in the first three months both on TV and on the houseshow circutit, but after that he was still involved in storylines and won titles of significance.
__________________
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x302/Berkajr/JakeTheSnake_zpsd3b971df.jpg

What a horrible night to have a curse

Currently marking for:
Lesnar, Cesaro, Ambrose, Hogan & The Rock
Berkajr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
WWETopTen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 657
WWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninealevyn View Post
Did you watch Mania 12? I'm not sure it was after they left cause I think hall was on the poster, but either way Hunter looked like a bitch.
Wrestlemania 12 was in March. Hall and Nash left in May.
__________________
My Top Ten Favorite Wrestlers of All-Time
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. The Rock
3. Undertaker
4. Kane
5. CM Punk
6. Shawn Michaels
7. Daniel Bryan
8. Goldberg
9. Triple H
10. Mick Foley

Those are my top ten and I really don't care who agrees or disagrees.
PS- I HATE SMARKS!
WWETopTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
WWETopTen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 657
WWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more seriousWWETopTen needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

It was not nearly as big a punishment as good ol' Hunter would like to have everyone believe. It's WWE revisionist history striking again. As others have mentioned, he won the IC title just a few months later. The only real big demotion for him was not winning KOTR 1996. But to hear Triple H tell it, you'd think he was held back for years.
__________________
My Top Ten Favorite Wrestlers of All-Time
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. The Rock
3. Undertaker
4. Kane
5. CM Punk
6. Shawn Michaels
7. Daniel Bryan
8. Goldberg
9. Triple H
10. Mick Foley

Those are my top ten and I really don't care who agrees or disagrees.
PS- I HATE SMARKS!
WWETopTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
Vic Capri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,049
Vic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missedVic Capri probably won't be missed
Default Re: Can WWE & HHH stop making it seem he was demoted to jobber after Hall and Nash le

He kept losing matches for months until he beat Marc Mero. It wasn't that bad of a punishment really since he was still on TV.

- Vic
__________________


August 17, 2014
The Greatest Night In The History Of Our Sport!
Vic Capri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios